The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Asset-loading issues on brand new iMac - Some aspects of game unplayable

tralmekub17_ESO
I'm experiencing a graphical issue where I cannot see or respond to some NPCs and some icons.

Examples:
  • Dolmens - I cannot see new spawns, although I can be damaged by them. Periodically I can gain some participation points by spamming AOE damage & heals.
  • Garbage NPCs - It takes 2-3 minutes for me to be able to see the garbage/flavor NPCs when I enter a new zone, NPC building, etc. Though they can see/attack me if they catch me stealing
  • Wave Combat Scenarios - When enemies come in waves, or new enemies are introduced, it is a gamble whether I will be able to see them or not
  • Icons - Periodically after traveling to a new zone, Delve & Quest icons will not show up for several minutes. I've even seen this happen on the loading screen about how Delves will show the Delve icon.
  • Lock pins - The first 2-3 chests/doors I unlock, once a pin is successfully set, it disappears. I can see the springs and the unresolved lock pins, but not the completed ones.

Computer:
  • macOS Sierra
  • Version 10.12.5
  • iMac (Retina 5k, 27-inch, 2017)
  • Processor 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5
  • Memory 8GB 2400 MHz DDR4
  • Graphics Radeon Pro 570 4096 MB
  • Internet 30Mbps cable

Troubleshooting steps I've taken:
  • Lowered graphics settings (High, Medium, Low)
  • Turned off extra graphics options (Grass, Ambient Occlusion, etc)
  • Turned off all Add-ons
  • Opened the following ports on my router: TCP/UDP 24100-24131, TCP/UDP 24500-24507, TCP/UDP 24300-24331, TCP 80, TCP 433
  • Deleted ShaderCache.cooked
  • Deleted UserSettings.txt

None of these settings/troubleshooting measures have had any effect on the problems I described above. The issue makes dolmens virtually unplayable, and affects my ability to play other content, because I'm likely to run right past a quest-giving NPC since either it, or its icon may not show up.

Has anyone else had this problem recently? Is there anything more I can do to attempt to fix it?
  • MrBrightGamer
    MrBrightGamer
    Soul Shriven
    Try running a repair? That might fix it. If not I suggest you contact support and see if they can help you. :smile:
  • tralmekub17_ESO
    Thanks for the suggestions, I reached out to Support last week and haven't gotten a response yet. I was hoping today's patch might shake out any problems with my installation like a repair, but no luck there. Going to try a full uninstall/reinstall now and see if that helps.
  • tralmekub17_ESO
    I ran a repair, which didn't clear up the issue, and then uninstalled/reinstalled the game completely, still no dice.
    On the chance something was wrong with my computer, despite being brand new, I also ran hardware diagnostics (start computer, hold down D), which came up clean. Not sure what else I can do... :(

I'll reach out to Support again, since I haven't received a response there yet.
    Edited by tralmekub17_ESO on June 20, 2017 2:00PM
  • MrBrightGamer
    MrBrightGamer
    Soul Shriven
    Bummer man, I hope everything works out fine for you. :smile:
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    Hey, any update on this? Thanks.
  • SuomiPerkele94
    SuomiPerkele94
    Soul Shriven
    I am have the exact same model with issues loading assets too, some parts of the game like rocky outcrops in the Gold Coast area with just be blurry not matter what I do and when I tried to reach out to support, they just told me to update my drivers.
    Edited by SuomiPerkele94 on November 11, 2017 11:19AM
  • tralmekub17_ESO
    I'm still having this issue, unfortunately :(

I have seen a noticeable frame rate improvement with the most recent game update, but assets still load very slowly.

Someone messaged me that they are running the game without issues using 32GB RAM rather than the base 8GB config, however I haven't been able to spend the $ for a RAM upgrade yet to see if that helps. I've looked at Activity Monitor while the game is running, and it doesn't seem to be maxing out the 8GB currently on the system.

It did occur to me recently that perhaps there's an issue with the read/write speed of the fusion drive while the game is running, but all Apple-provided hardware tests I've run come back fine. If someone knows of in-depth hard drive health test I could run, please let me know and I'll give it a more thorough check.
  • SuomiPerkele94
    SuomiPerkele94
    Soul Shriven
    I'm still having this issue, unfortunately :(

I have seen a noticeable frame rate improvement with the most recent game update, but assets still load very slowly.

Someone messaged me that they are running the game without issues using 32GB RAM rather than the base 8GB config, however I haven't been able to spend the $ for a RAM upgrade yet to see if that helps. I've looked at Activity Monitor while the game is running, and it doesn't seem to be maxing out the 8GB currently on the system.

It did occur to me recently that perhaps there's an issue with the read/write speed of the fusion drive while the game is running, but all Apple-provided hardware tests I've run come back fine. If someone knows of in-depth hard drive health test I could run, please let me know and I'll give it a more thorough check.

I am fairly sure it's a ram issue, since my partners last pc was doing the same thing until she went from 8gb to 16gb
    Edited by SuomiPerkele94 on November 14, 2017 12:21PM
  • tralmekub17_ESO
    I am fairly sure it's a ram issue, since my partners last pc was doing the same thing until she went from 8gb to 16gb

Thanks! That's good to know.
  • nCats
    nCats
    ✭✭✭
    RAM or vRAM --- I have Radeon 580 and it has 8gb, much less of that happening, but still is sometimes, especially with a lot of background stuff running. Gotta by myself another 8gb ram to upgrade, as well. It is easy on 27 inch iMac model thankfully.
  • Emrani
    Emrani
    I have a 27 inch 5K iMac with Radeon 580 and 16 GB RAM, also fusion drive. The game runs really well. The only graphical issue I have is the recent rain shader disco lights issue.