The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

"Transaction not authorized" Recurring Issue with Payments/Purchases

Valderis
Valderis
✭✭
I am using a Visa Gift Card.
The card is registered and has sufficient funds.
Attempting to purchase Crowns in Store results in a failed transaction: "Transaction not authorized"

The card works on Amazon and in-person POS machine.

I have attempted purchase using multiple Browsers, because Firefox and Safari won't get me past the 'Age Gate' to Accounts.
I have used Opera, Chrome, Safari and Firefox. Cookies are turned ON.

Please, I want to give you money, what's going on?
Jone and Jode are in a dance. Who leads, you ask? There, lies the wisdom of my ancestors... - Ra'fiiq
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Visa gift cards should work as long as:
    1. The card has been activated.
    2. The card has been registered with a billing address.
    3. The card has enough money on it to cover the total cost of the transaction.

If you've checked off all three of those, then start a support ticket with ZOS.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on November 4, 2017 11:11PM
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    Valderis wrote: »
    I am using a Visa Gift Card.

I have attempted purchase using multiple Browsers, because Firefox and Safari won't get me past the 'Age Gate' to Accounts.
    I have used Opera, Chrome, Safari and Firefox. Cookies are turned ON.

Please, I want to give you money, what's going on?

you have something turned off.....
  • ViciousBunnii
    ViciousBunnii
    ✭✭✭
    I had this issue with a prepaid visa card. I had to end up contacting the business linked to the card (in my case it was kpf prepaid) and have them unblock ESO. Maybe it's the same issue?
    PC/NA

Forever salty about the Shadow Rider Senche
  • Valderis
    Valderis
    ✭✭
    Hi, thanks for replying.

I meant to update the post. Its a wierd one with issues on both sides. After contacting VISA, they informed me that the company "vanilla prepaid" has changed an ID tag internally that declines any payment type marked "Recurring". It was a recent change since my last subcription payment.

With that said, even buying crowns or other items that werent a recurring payment, apparently are also marked as "recurring" on the card. therefore wont process.

The issue was resolved by purchasing a card from a different company (not vanilla prepaid).

What still escapes me, is why certain browsers wont let me past the Agegate or even my account login.

Hope this helps anyone else using prepaid cards to play!

Edited by Valderis on November 14, 2017 11:18AM
    Jone and Jode are in a dance. Who leads, you ask? There, lies the wisdom of my ancestors... - Ra'fiiq