The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

How exactly does ESO get all the accusation of "breaking lore"?

• dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1) I personally don't care about the trees. It is just as likely that snotty elves are full of *** and are finding an excuse to whine about with some fake propoganda.

2) The Hermaeus Mora book connection is a bit odd. How can a book be written in the future if everyone knows about it hundreds of years in the past? Why should it? If Charles Dickens or Dostoevsky writes his book but magically the text appears and grows great fame 300 years before, would he still write that book? Would he just be copying alternate universe self? It is a bit strange. I suppose through dragon break perhaps these outliers get rewritten out of the timeline before causing damage to it but from a logic standpoint this is a bit annoying. Perhaps as vestiges and unnatural ourselves we get to lift the lid back on the universe that the common man can not.

3) The Racial Phylogeny book is based on one person's research and may or may not be fully accurate. I do think of the Dunmer/Nord family where the Nord father is married to the Dunmer woman and has sons who look Nord but have a more ever so slight greyish hue, and mildly pointy ears like some Bretons.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm with these who think that ESO works a bit against it's own lore. For example all those bizarre mounts, implemented just to earn more and more RL money. Who awaits now for the Dwemer legend to be told again or revealed it's deep secrets. Are you still interested why they disappeared and are you ready to see Dwemers again? I'm not so sure about myself. While playing Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim I was fascinated about Dwarven culture, stories and historical treasures and monuments I was finding over the land. I was so eager to read anything about this species.
    Now they are everywhere, like a bread and butter. Can see a dwemer mounts in many types, or a dwemer like entire dlc with strange people and weird mechanical places no one knows where they came from. I no longer think that Dwemers are a mystery, and personally I no longer await them to return. It's all the ESO's fault.
    Edited by Gargath on November 13, 2017 10:20PM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    uuuhhh cyros sideways and touching an ocean with every town miles away from actual locations, lore breaking to the extreme
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZioGio wrote: »
    The Imperial City districts are rotated about 30 degrees.
    ESO:
    Dailies-ImperialCity.jpg
    Oblivion:
    t_e_s__iv_imperial_city_by_samofsuthsax-d312le9.jpg

One era needs to fire their cartographer. :P

The way I read the Oblivion-era map, the seal at the top left points north, so both maps of the Imperial City are accurate.

That's what I thought too. Is that Dragonborn symbol in the corner not a compass pointing north?
    3) The Racial Phylogeny book is based on one person's research and may or may not be fully accurate. I do think of the Dunmer/Nord family where the Nord father is married to the Dunmer woman and has sons who look Nord but have a more ever so slight greyish hue, and mildly pointy ears like some Bretons.

That example is a bit misleading, since the sons are probably from an earlier marriage. The current couple has only been married for about ten years (since the end of the Akaviri war) and the sons are all significantly older than ten.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • teiselaise
    teiselaise
    ✭✭✭
    WHY DOES THE *** LIZARDS HAVE BREASTS!!???? WHY AM I EVEN ALIVE?!??
    Edited by teiselaise on November 13, 2017 11:21PM
    Argonian masterrace
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talos? CHIM? 4th Era?

Cake?

Not too much frosting...or ice cream cake...mmm!
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    ZioGio wrote: »
    The Imperial City districts are rotated about 30 degrees.
    ESO:
    Dailies-ImperialCity.jpg
    Oblivion:
    t_e_s__iv_imperial_city_by_samofsuthsax-d312le9.jpg

One era needs to fire their cartographer. :P

The way I read the Oblivion-era map, the seal at the top left points north, so both maps of the Imperial City are accurate.

That's what I thought too. Is that Dragonborn symbol in the corner not a compass pointing north?

That example is a bit misleading, since the sons are probably from an earlier marriage. The current couple has only been married for about ten years (since the end of the Akaviri war) and the sons are all significantly older than ten.

It is my understanding that the Akaviri war raged a few hundred years. I believe the sons could easily have fallen into being born at the 'end' of the father's service to the pact. I've not done this quest in some time so I'd have to play it again or read about it again to be certain, but look again at the son's appearance. They have pointy ears and a very slight grey hue to their skin.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyserus wrote: »
    When ppl talk about "breaking lore" they need to realize ZOS is part of "lore-writing team", which means they get to decide what wasn't filled in, and even if they have contradiction between old lores, as long as there is a plausible explanation like the ones I have given, they are good to go.
    I never understood that either, TESO lore has *literally* been made up by people who work for the company that, wait for it, completely made up the TESO universe.

They can come up with anything they want and make it lore. It's their creation ...
    rolleyes.gif
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Lyserus wrote: »
    When ppl talk about "breaking lore" they need to realize ZOS is part of "lore-writing team", which means they get to decide what wasn't filled in, and even if they have contradiction between old lores, as long as there is a plausible explanation like the ones I have given, they are good to go.
    I never understood that either, TESO lore has *literally* been made up by people who work for the company that, wait for it, completely made up the TESO universe.

They can come up with anything they want and make it lore. It's their creation ...
    rolleyes.gif

I guess what bothers people is that they do not want ZoS to jump the shark for quick cash or general mmo tropes.
    <And plenty more>