Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Fortune and Fate" achievement?

Marabornwingrion
Marabornwingrion
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Can someone tell me what I need to do to get this achievement?
I've already completed all 24 quests in Clokwork City but I have no idea how to get it... :(

KYZvowr.jpg

Best Answer

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fortune teller go back to it and talk to it from that sidequest
    Edited by Aliyavana on October 26, 2017 10:53AM
    Answer ✓
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »

Thank you! <3
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »

Thank you! <3

Also nice achievement total you got, you are beating me by 2kish
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Thank you! <3

Also nice achievement total you got, you are beating me by 2kish

Thanks ;) I'm still trying to finish Master Angler... But I'm less and less motivated each day :sweat:
    After that I should have 27k
  • Ithilwenn
    Ithilwenn
    ✭✭✭
    Where is the fortune teller? This achievement has been driving me nuts! If possible can someone take a screenshot of the NPC? thank you!
    War doesn't forge character, it reveals it.

Ithilwenn- AD Nightblade
    Tarielana- AD Templar
    Guildmistress of the Abandoned Legion
    Former Empress of Haderus, Chillrend, Axe of Belharza, & Shor (2018 Mayhem Event)
  • ViciousBunnii
    ViciousBunnii
    ✭✭✭
    Yea, this is the last quest for me to finish in CWC. I cannot figure out where to start it. :/
    PC/NA

Forever salty about the Shadow Rider Senche
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ithilwenn wrote: »
    Where is the fortune teller? This achievement has been driving me nuts! If possible can someone take a screenshot of the NPC? thank you!

Here ya go:

pW9jtnQ.jpg

GYLS7SF.jpg
    Edited by Marabornwingrion on October 27, 2017 10:49AM
  • MagiiC_One
    MagiiC_One
    ✭✭✭
    i talk to him but nothing happend. is there a side quest to unlock that achiewvment?
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MagiiC_One wrote: »
    i talk to him but nothing happend. is there a side quest to unlock that achiewvment?

Yes
  • d8rmir
    d8rmir
    ✭✭✭
    HnO62rZ.jpg

I have done the quest, and it says this...am I missing something?
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    d8rmir wrote: »
    HnO62rZ.jpg

It's not a quest. You need to speak with the guy in the outlaw refuge, read the book next to him, and then go back to the Prognosticator.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MagiiC_One wrote: »

@MagiiC_One @d8rmir

In Slagtown there is an NPC complaining about the Prognosticator and how it controls your life and how it ruined his mother's life etc. Talk to them, and that should get you the passphrase after a another quest or activity. I kind of stumbled into this one so not exactly sure of the steps, but I think this is how I started it.

Edited by Nestor on October 27, 2017 4:30PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• d8rmir
    d8rmir
    ✭✭✭
    @DisgracefulMind ok thanks it worked!
  • MagiiC_One
    MagiiC_One
    ✭✭✭
    thanks for the help.
  • d8rmir
    d8rmir
    ✭✭✭
    @Nestor after the quest, I had to go back to the outlaw refuge and read a book. Only after that I was able to unlock the achievement.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor after the quest, I had to go back to the outlaw refuge and read a book. Only after that I was able to unlock the achievement.

I think the guy sitting sends you to talk to someone in there and yes, you have to read that book
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is said book ? I've ran round the refuge 10 times now
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sequence... this prophecy... I wonder about the days to come...

Guess we'll see in a couple of weeks if I'm right.
          In verity.
  • Ithilwenn
    Ithilwenn
    ✭✭✭
    Ithilwenn wrote: »

Here ya go:

pW9jtnQ.jpg

GYLS7SF.jpg

@Astrid_V I had done everything up til this point. I didn't know that facto was there so the screenshots are what helped me! Thank you so much!
    War doesn't forge character, it reveals it.

Ithilwenn- AD Nightblade
    Tarielana- AD Templar
    Guildmistress of the Abandoned Legion
    Former Empress of Haderus, Chillrend, Axe of Belharza, & Shor (2018 Mayhem Event)
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am losing my mind. I talked to the Prognosticator and it flashed across my screen 'quest started: fortune and fate' but there is nothing in the quest journal so what do I do next? I searched for the guy in the outlaw refuge but he's not there. I am so lost.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I completed the Prognosticator quest, went back to refuge to Palbatan standing next to the middle shaft, diretly oppposite the entrance. I talked to him and read a book beside him. It didn't give any quest but when i went back to the valley and talked to the Prognosticator, it had a new option to finish the achievement.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have completed the original quest (where when asked by quest npc abt your fortune & it says it can't compute) plus the subsequent quest with the same npc.

Went back to Outlaws Refuge. No Palbatan to be seen. Went back to prognosticator & it gave option for passcode phrase which has got from dead person's book. Chose that. Gave same response as before.

Where am I going wrong?
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ignore my post above. Decided to go back & have one more try & it worked. No idea as had not done anything to trigger a change. But hey ***.

And not that much of a spoiler if have completed the main quest line as that is far more explicit!
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can't find the guy or book in outlaws refuge
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Jasonnnsaurus
    Jasonnnsaurus
    Soul Shriven
    In case anyone is still or will have trouble finding the book in the Slag Town Outlaw Refuge...enter the main, ground entrance from the city, down the ramp, walk immediately forward and there’s a book on some crates called Thoughts of the Honored Assistant.
    Edited by Jasonnnsaurus on November 18, 2017 9:53PM
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I visited the refuge with an alt that has not done the Prognosticator quest. The alt can't see the man nor book in Refuge. I guess they appear after that quest is finished.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    I visited the refuge with an alt that has not done the Prognosticator quest. The alt can't see the man nor book in Refuge. I guess they appear after that quest is finished.

Yes you have to do the quest first, then the book appears in the refuge, next to the centre column to the right of the merchant.

I couldn't find the man first time around but it seemed to work just reading the book. So I tested it out with my second character and didn't even look for him;

Finished quest, unsuccessfully tried the passcode I found in the note found with his mother (not sure I found that first time so it's pretty irrelevant except as a nice story point) and it didn't work, went straight to the refuge and read the book that had now appeared, returned and got my fortune and completed the achievement.

Hope that helps!
    PS4 EU
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    thank you guys for the helpful information
    PC-EU @lientier
  • fusedshadow
    fusedshadow
    ✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    I completed the Prognosticator quest, went back to refuge to Palbatan standing next to the middle shaft, diretly oppposite the entrance. I talked to him and read a book beside him. It didn't give any quest but when i went back to the valley and talked to the Prognosticator, it had a new option to finish the achievement.

If you go back to the Outlaws and the Palbatan, (npc) isn't there, the book is there directly in front of you and you can read it then finish the quest.