The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How much GB required for all DLC + Morrowind?

LittlePinkDot
LittlePinkDot
✭✭✭✭✭
Like the title says. How much space will I need to have if I wanted to Download off DLCs and Morrowind.
And is there anything I can do to save space? The last patch was 25 gb
  • terrordactyl1971
    terrordactyl1971
    ✭✭✭✭
    A 25gb patch is likely to be overwriting 20gb or so of existing data, its not all going to add to the existing total
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently the full game install on the PC is about 70GB.

As for Patches, because of how the data cabs work on the consoles, they can't just send out a 200Mb file to patch, they have to send out a large multi GB file as they have to replace everything.

So, long story short, the patch size has little to do with how much extra space you will need on your drive to have the full game installed. IIRC, the Clockwork City update was about 3GB in size.

PS4's are easy to add external drives to, and you can get a 4TB disk based external for less than $100. But, for gaming, I would go with the SSD type, and those are $100 to $200 right now for 500GB class drives.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SSD drives work for PS4? Wouldnt it slow down the game since the system has to take it through a USB?
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

SSD drives work for PS4? Wouldnt it slow down the game since the system has to take it through a USB?
    USB on ps4 gives 5gbit/s(theoretical maximum 640MB/s), which isn't much less than 6gbit/s(theoretical maximum 768MB/s) over sata3 anyway, no-one prevents you from placing ssd drive into console.
    Nestor wrote: »
    Currently the full game install on the PC is about 70GB.

As for Patches, because of how the data cabs work on the consoles, they can't just send out a 200Mb file to patch, they have to send out a large multi GB file as they have to replace everything.

So, long story short, the patch size has little to do with how much extra space you will need on your drive to have the full game installed. IIRC, the Clockwork City update was about 3GB in size.

PS4's are easy to add external drives to, and you can get a 4TB disk based external for less than $100. But, for gaming, I would go with the SSD type, and those are $100 to $200 right now for 500GB class drives.
    And now game size is 94gb, how did this happened?)