Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Enter the #10MillionStories Sweepstakes"

• Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    - deleted -
    Edited by Shadowshire on November 2, 2017 11:25PM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was excited for a minute, until I had to choose my country.

United States
    Canada
    Finland
    France
    Germany
    Mexico
    Norway
    Russia
    Switzerland
    United Kingdom

Feels great to be Irish.
    Surely it does! Hmmm..... are the seven counties of Ulster (?) in northern Ireland in the United Kingdom?

Edited by Shadowshire on November 2, 2017 11:32PM

• Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Do we know what happens if they mysterious box tries to give us a mount/pet/house/whatever that we already have?

Short answer: This won't be an issue, and you won't get duplicate collectibles.

Don't even care what the long answer is, because the short answer sounds awesome!
    Awesome .... unless the alternative is that the player won't get anything instead of a "collectible" which they don't have.

I'm such an optomist, I know. :blush: Hopefully that will happen if (and only if) the player already possesses a duplicate of every possible prize item.

• Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two questions:

1)
    Should I enter

'@gametag'

or simply

'gametag'

in the form?

2)
    Do I have to log in the game daily with all of my characters or is one character enough?
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »
    why are gamers from germany allowed to take part and gamers from holland, austria(me) not? what is the reason for that?
    we also have the euro as currency, so what?

@ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_KaiSchober . @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

and that means we also cannot take part in the ingame box event, cause that is same rulez?!?

cause if that is the case that some countries are more liked or get more love from zos, then I will consider taking my RL money and spend it somewhere else.

Gina confirmed that everyone can get mystery boxes since that's separate from the sweepstakes.

And sweepstakes entry availability is based on laws in different countries and states that would prohibit people there from entering. It's not about ZOS, it's about laws.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why on Tamriel can't people from the non-listed locations enter for the prizes that do not contain anything of real-world value. Like having that NPC made after your character...

in my jurisdiction, i think it's because even gifts are taxed, so giving out a prize is more trouble than it's worth for their accounting/law team. dunno how many situations are similar
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do we know what happens if they mysterious box tries to give us a mount/pet/house/whatever that we already have?

Short answer: This won't be an issue, and you won't get duplicate collectibles.

Don't even care what the long answer is, because the short answer sounds awesome!
    Awesome .... unless the alternative is that the player won't get anything instead of a "collectible" which they don't have.

I'm such an optomist, I know. :blush: Hopefully that will happen if (and only if) the player already possesses a duplicate of every possible prize item.

• Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Azurya
    Azurya wrote: »
    why are gamers from germany allowed to take part and gamers from holland, austria(me) not? what is the reason for that?
    we also have the euro as currency, so what?

@ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_KaiSchober . @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

and that means we also cannot take part in the ingame box event, cause that is same rules?!?

According to ZOS representatives, players are not required to enter the sweepstakes in order to receive rewards during the seven-day in-game "event". Of course, players who are not entered (including those who are not permitted to enter) will not receive any of the daily bonus sweepstakes entries that are included in the "event" rewards. But they should receive the other potential rewards regardless.

• shadoza
    shadoza
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing there I want.

I hate the special treatment of group players there in the middle. Play any dungeon with the randomizer? Does that thing even work for solo dungeons?

Perhaps my subscription is not valued because I play mostly solo? Considering...
  • preedb16_ESO2
    preedb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    If the countries like mine, Sweden, aren't allowed to participate in the sweepstakes, please also exclude us all from your "10 million players" counter, and scrub this whole *** then because then you won't reach 10 mil.. DUH!
  • Cambruin
    Cambruin
    ✭✭✭
    I know it is all about 'laws and regulations', but I've heard it so often now, yet no one ever bothered to explain.

So what exactly is it about 'our' countries that prohibits us from winning digital goods with no monetary value outside the game? Is there a link somewhere? An explanation? Anyone got anything?
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am flail-levels of excitement for this
    tenor.gif?itemid=8727998
    Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • Zyjin
    Zyjin
    ✭✭
    Super excited for this event! Lots of awesome stuff!

Good luck to everyone!
  • SunnyBunny
    SunnyBunny
    ✭✭✭
    I was very excited about this contest. I have been talking it up to just about everyone only to last minute see that because I live in NY I won't be able to win the "grand prize". This makes me so very sad....I love this game and would have loved to be able to have a chance to get something as amazing as the things that were listed. I know I'm not alone in this either....I would ask if there was a way that you could actually run a contest where everyone was included. Maybe not win money - but the other things, like free monthly membership or some other such thing.
    Of course you guys are busy with all the other things you have going on - try NOT to make this one of the million stories ok
    Lone Wolf Help ~ Royal Bank of Tamriel ~ Black Market Wares

I Know I'm Lost

*Ernestina - Imperial Temp
    *Ennus - Bosmer Sorc
    *Greavy - Orc DK
    *Somniate - Ra Gada NB
    *Cilano - Imperial DK
    *Ba'Raka - Khajiit Warden
    *Bird In Hand - Argonian Templar
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please spend this money on actually fixing bugs.. at least everyone wins then!

"Enter the #10MillionBugs Sweepstakes"
    Edited by Docmandu on November 5, 2017 1:31PM
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Enter the #10MillionBugs Sweepstakes"

Agreed, lets fix the current server/bug issues
    Edited by Bhaal5 on November 6, 2017 12:49AM
  • eklhaftb16_ESO
    eklhaftb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forcing people into group dungeons is an awful thing to do to us "alone together" players. Can't we get something from delves, world bosses and dolmens, too? Maybe some tokens to collect and spend on mystery boxes, like 10 for 1 or so?

As if it wasn't bad enough that most of unique cosmetic rewards are locked behind forced group gameplay... now you also lock contests behind it? If I wanted to be stuck with forced group content, I would've stayed in WoW, you know. :expressionless:
  • ZOS_KelseyGamble
    Not available for New Zealand again. You guys need to do some worldwide sweepstakes i don't see why we get excluded there's no rules on gambling here beside's being 18+. Pretty sad we miss out once again :(

A lot of it comes down to the rules and regulations for ANZ as a whole (I'm the ANZ Community manager, hello!). Unfortunately because Straya has some tricky rules NZ often comes as a package deal (typical Australians, I know :smile: ). We've heard the feedback though, and we're going to do our best to make comps available in ANZ wherever its remotely possible.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny how Norway can participate but not Sweden......gg zos
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theres a ANZ community manager...... :o. Mind is now blown
  • Elrosahir
    Elrosahir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just have a question: are the boxes differently in normal or vet.? Like in vet you earn purple boxes, in normal blues. Where the chance is over for good stuff?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Ariana Elensar - Magicka Sorcerer
    Aldmeri Dominion - EU - PC
  • Rolando1000
    Rolando1000
    Soul Shriven
    Why is Sweepstakes not available for Sweden? Why isn't available for all countries?
  • Longpig
    Longpig
    Soul Shriven
    I'd kinda like it if the boxes were capped at 3-5 a day or something, so I wouldn't feel compelled to level up and run dungeons with my mules and could generally be more chill about it as I have little self-restraint when it comes to freebies.
  • EvilKiwi
    EvilKiwi
    ✭✭✭
    Kinda not fair how a lot of the player base is excluded from entering the sweepstakes. A lot of countries not on the list, including mine, New Zealand :neutral:
    No Lollygagging.
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    No players from south America can participate so....
  • Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok so why didn't I get a mystery crate did it not start yet?
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cameron991 wrote: »
    Ok so why didn't I get a mystery crate did it not start yet?

The dungeon swag part starts on Nov. 30.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Slaunyeh
    Slaunyeh
    ✭✭✭
    I was excited for a minute, until I had to choose my country.

United States
    Canada
    Finland
    France
    Germany
    Mexico
    Norway
    Russia
    Switzerland
    United Kingdom

Feels great to be Irish.

That is a hilariously short list. Less "some locations are ineligible to participate" and more "a few locations are eligible to participate."

I don't know how the rules work, but I don't see anyone else having this much issue with international competitions. Maybe it's time to adjust things so more than a handful of countries can enter?
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #10millionusuallylongloadscreen
  • Drinkwater222
    uh i entered my username wrong but email right and it accepted what should i do? @ZOS_GinaBruno