The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Enter the #10MillionStories Sweepstakes"

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ListerJMC wrote: »
    I have a question, because I'm not sure if I've understood it correctly: are those of us who live in countries that are ineligible to participate in the sweepstakes still able to get mysterious reward boxes during the in-game dungeon event? I know we wouldn't get the extra sweepstakes entries, I'm just curious if the reward boxes are also tied to being able to enter the event.

Thanks for any reply and sorry if I missed where it answered this!

Yes, everyone will be eligible to receive the reward boxes from the upcoming dungeon event (and we'll publish an article with more details about this as we get a little closer to its start).

oh nice, this is what I was thinking too, I am from a country not being able to participate in the event, but the mysterious reward boxes - I will be able to receive, as reward for using random dungen queue from LFG tool - nice!!
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why on Tamriel can't people from the non-listed locations enter for the prizes that do not contain anything of real-world value. Like having that NPC made after your character...

Becuase, regardless of value of the prize, it is a random drawing for a prize, which is most likely in violation of the excluded areas gambling laws.
  • Eradrann
    Eradrann
    ✭✭✭
    Question on the entry form, it asked for ESO User ID? I used my Xbox Gamertag for that, is that correct or is it my name on the forums?
    Xbox Series X - GT: VintageVinyl450 NA Player on the EU Server (always looking for help with dungeon/job dailies)Main - Eradrann, AD, Wood Elf, Bow/Bow Stamblade, 1500+CP
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the drops be the same in both random normal and random veteran dungeons?
  • monkey36948
    monkey36948
    ✭✭✭
    out of curiosity can the dung que be ANY crown store item or are you guys making new ones for it and does this include items you cant get in the crown store anymore such as the dro mount and pet
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was excited for a minute, until I had to choose my country.

United States
    Canada
    Finland
    France
    Germany
    Mexico
    Norway
    Russia
    Switzerland
    United Kingdom

Feels great to be Irish.

They seriously need to stop doing these region-locked competitions -_-
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet another sweepstakes just for 10 countries and middle finger to the rest of the world!
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    KingMagaw wrote: »
    IN-GAME DUNGEON EVENT
    Complete a random dungeon using the Dungeon Finder and earn bonus rewards: mounts, costumes, and more. Event live from Nov 30. To Dec. 6.

So to qualify for all the entries i only need to do a random dungeon via party window to qualify from NOV30- DEC6?

Is this character or account specific to get a random loot box?,

Many thanks

Read all.
    You can obtain a Mysterious Reward Box once per day per character.
    Edited by Akrasjel on November 1, 2017 9:46PM
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -We get maintenance in our peak time (8:00-1030 aest/gmt+10)
    -Zos server lags up and most end game content becomes nearly unplayable durning our peak times.
    -now we can not enter competitions either.

Feels like Australia is geting discriminated against here :'(
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bhaal5 wrote: »
    -We get maintenance in our peak time (8:00-1030 aest/gmt+10)
    -Zos server lags up and most end game content becomes nearly unplayable durning our peak times.
    -now we can not enter competitions either.

Feels like Australia is geting discriminated against here :'(

I know lots of Australian plays who do trials and dungeons just fine.
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Refering to ps4/na. And are they with a group of Australian? Or just a solo aussie with a group of Americans?
    Edited by Bhaal5 on November 1, 2017 10:27PM
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Do we know what happens if they mysterious box tries to give us a mount/pet/house/whatever that we already have?

Short answer: This won't be an issue, and you won't get duplicate collectibles.

Don't even care what the long answer is, because the short answer sounds awesome!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, with the ingame event I'm fine, just gimme dark shaman costume!!!
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • vrine
    vrine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see ZOS being inclusive of lots of countries! /s

At least allow other countries to be eligible for the non-monetary prizes (excluding the dungeon event).
    @vrine
    PC - NA - DC
    Altoholic [15/15]

Flo - Khajiit - DK WW - Tank - lvl50
    Uxith - Argonian - Sorc Vamp - DPS - lvl50
    Both - Imperial - Temp WW - DPS - lvl 50
    Skua - Khajiit - Temp - DPS - lvl 50
    Little Marmoset - Bosmer - Warden PVP - DPS - lvl 50
    Borrows-A-Feeling - Argonian - Temp PVP - Healer - lvl 50

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So for Xbox players what's our ESO ID. Is that GT or Forum name @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Awesome sweepstake!!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • DRTE
    DRTE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not available for New Zealand again. You guys need to do some worldwide sweepstakes i don't see why we get excluded there's no rules on gambling here beside's being 18+. Pretty sad we miss out once again :(
    DRAGON SPAWN

Tyrion septim. Stam DK
    Agneyastra. Mag DK
    Evil Buu. Mag Sorc
    Super Evil Buu. Stam Sorc
    Carmala Jabspammer. Magplar
    Get some help. Stamplar
    Plebby Longstockings. Stamblade
    Nightbot. Magblade
    Unslaad Krosis. Magden
    Dirty lich. Magcro
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HeroOfNone wrote: »
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Enter the #10MillionStories Sweepstakes for a chance at hundreds of epic prizes! We're thrilled to announce that starting right now, we'll be continuing to celebrate ESO's 10 million player milestone with a massive sweepstakes promotion.

This new promotion kicks off today and gives you a chance to win one of hundreds of prizes, including the opportunity to be created in game as an NPC, a trip to PAX East 2018 (on us!), and tons more great loot: every in-game collectible sold in the Crown Store, ESO swag, custom PCs & consoles... and that's just the start. For more info, be sure to check out the article linked above or the official sweepstakes page.

It appears this sweepstakes is not eligible to everyone in the US again:
    excluding residents of Florida, New York, Rhode Island, the territories and military installations

I'm guessing this the issue with prizes over $5000 need to be bonded. @ZOS_GinaBruno any idea if they could break some of these prizes up into smaller sweepstakes so some of us can participate? Also I still seem to be able to enter, you may want to post a disclaimer or add a state check.

rules

Actually, yeah. Why doesn't ZOS make it a bunch of smaller sweepstakes for more places to enter? Make one for everything that exceeds 5k in one contest, everything that's under 5k but over 500 in a second, and everything under 500 in a 3rd. That way, NY, FL, and Rhode Island can participate, and people can register for what they want, instead of registering for one huge sweepstakes in hopes of getting the 1-3 year ESO plus membership, the 4 mounts, or the 4 homes (those were the things I wanted, but I can't partake bc FL).
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    The dungeon event is a super idea, especially for those whose countries laws stop you from allowing them enter the sweepstakes.
    You guys ought to consider adding housing to the reward boxes too.
    Also, please don't let really abysmal drop rates turn this super event into a disappointing burnt-twig-fest
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Golnebo
    Golnebo
    ✭✭✭
    I must admit... I am a bit hurt by the fact that I cannot enter the sweepstakes :(
    Did you forget about The Netherlands because of its size (or lack thereof) ?

I guess I'll be enjoying my amazing collectibles I will be getting from the mysterious box through tears of dissapointment :smile:

PC - EU

{Nemesis the Magnificent} - Wannabe Magician with a nack for accidentally killing everything around him - Aldmeri Dominion High Elf Mastercrafter.
    {Knightmare the Wild} - Fiendish Templar Lady with a must kill attitude - Dunmer by birth - EP by choice.
    {Thinks-he-is-Funny} - Tough EP Argonian Dragon Knight. Drinks his ale in Belkarth - Secretly in love with his battlesister Knightmare the Wild. Battlegrounds King.
    {Son-of-a-Witch} - Confused Nightblade who took up the dark arts of black magic. Literally sits in Mournhold all day doing nothing. Dreams of returning to Dragonstar Arena.
    {Eilalenya Alkinaerith} - Strikingly beautiful High Elf of the Aldmeri Dominion - Seducer of men and elves - Learning the Healer ropes. Heals for fun.
    {Blue Bear-y Pie} - Think-outside-the-box Mastercrafter Warden - Enjoys long walks on the beach - Protector of Tamriel's fauna and wildlife - Breton lady.
    {Neopatra} - Grumpy old Veteran - Wreaks havoc in Cyrodill - loves her grandchildren - Redguard Brute. In case of bad mood she turns into a werewolf.
    {Sneaky little Maraya} - Gorgeous Redguard Bombshell - Evil stamsorc who loves to clear dungeons of monsters.
    {Seven of Nirn} - No-nonsense brutal lady-Orc. Always rambling on about the Covenant. Get with it or get out kinda StamSorcOrc.
    {Reeks-of-Incompetence} - Hangs in the balance DK. Studied to become a dentist. Alcohol made her do nothing all day. Argonian Historian.
    {Doctor Whoops} - Self conscious Sorc . Father to 18 children. None of which are anywhere in sight. Proves shield nerfs wrong. Currently doing vDSA.
    {Daisy Deathbringer} - Foul necromancer that likes to hang at funerals and graveyards. Mostly plays with the dead, does not deal much death.
    {Major Defiler} - Lovely necromancer who likes to study life. Puts the word romance in necromance.
    {Cindiana Jones} - Defected Templar. Very deadly in Battlegrounds. Likes to wander around Cyrodill.
    {Sideskirt Bob} - Nightblade who got his nickname when a lady Nord mentioned his waistline.
  • melek-taus
    melek-taus
    ✭✭✭
    Legoless wrote: »

United States
    Canada
    Finland
    France
    Germany
    Mexico
    Norway
    Russia
    Switzerland
    United Kingdom

Feels great to be Irish.

They seriously need to stop doing these region-locked competitions -_-

WTF I was also very excited to see EU was finally accepted for a competition....but then I saw the Netherlands is not even on the list.... WTF
    My grand parents live in Germany, I was born in Germany, could I use Germany?????
    EU/PC
    Malek Taus - VR16 Khajit Stamina GankKnight -

Will gank for Skooma....
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno My inner Justiciar won't leave me alone until I point this out:
    Storm Astro Horse, Wild Hunt Guar, Dwarven Wolf, Skeletal Senche

Please have your website person fix it. :s
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno My inner Justiciar won't leave me alone until I point this out:
    Storm Astro Horse, Wild Hunt Guar, Dwarven Wolf, Skeletal Senche

Please have your website person fix it. :s

I think someone's a closet Houston baseball fan. :tongue:

(go 'stros)
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Official Reaction™ to this delayed but Official Sweepstakes™ is:

nw1aGEE.gif
    ...delayed but official happiness and appreciation.
    Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • markdeloma
    markdeloma
    ✭✭✭
    Tell me please is it still necessary to send a paper application by regular mail or it's just enough register as a participant via the website using my account ID and e-mail address?
    And thank you for this event (and including Russia)!
    Head of Emerald Turtle
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    United States
    Canada
    Finland
    France
    Germany
    Mexico
    Norway
    Russia
    Switzerland
    United Kingdom

It's really sad the situation repeats like with previous contest. I was excited about the prizes untill I realised that a country on my west side (Germany) and east side (Russia) are on the list, but not mine.
    Won't even bother to ask why they again allow the discrimination. Let me feel like a worse customer again, thanks :/ .
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Lord_Ninka
    Lord_Ninka
    ✭✭✭
    It really is such a bummer to read the entire article and get all excited about it, only to find figure out when you try to participate that your country is not on the short list and you can't participate.

It's a real disappointment and although I'm sure there's some complicated legal reason, I can't help feeling that it is unfair.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's pretty ironic when you call it 10 million stories, celebrating 10 million players, and at the same time excluding a considerable part of them from the competition.

And I don't care that it's because of some local regulations (which is the argument of only those players who actually can participate). If there was a way to organize the event where you were giving away crown crates or plan to give us mysterious boxes during the upcoming dungeon event (so... just for logging in or do sth in game), you should do it this way so the whole playerbase could participate.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Storm Atronach Horse, Wild Hunt Guar, Dwarven Wolf, Skeletal Senche

@ZOS_GinaBruno THANK YOU! *hug*
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why are gamers from germany allowed to take part and gamers from holland, austria(me) not? what is the reason for that?
    we also have the euro as currency, so what?

@ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_KaiSchober . @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

and that means we also cannot take part in the ingame box event, cause that is same rulez?!?

cause if that is the case that some countries are more liked or get more love from zos, then I will consider taking my RL money and spend it somewhere else.
    Edited by Azurya on November 2, 2017 10:29PM
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    *bump* Random dungeons only? Or, can Mystery Boxes be won for specific LFG queues like Spindleclutch?
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs