The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I want the 'Sapling, Crabapple' back

Moon3NL
Moon3NL
✭✭
After the Clockwork City update this beautiful sapling, which could be bought from the Home Goods Furnisher in Belkarth for 100g or at the Crown Store for 25 crowns, can no longer be bought.

Why has it been removed? It is a bug? Or is it because of the similarity between the Blooming Crabapple that costs 5000g? I don't get why you would keep an expensive item over a cheap item, when it comes to in-game gold. And even then, why remove the Crown Store version as well?

Surely I can't be the only one that was always delighted to see there was at least one cheap tree that had bright flowers in its branches.

Since I recently bought my first large home with a big garden I finally have the space to place a big amount of these saplings, but now they are gone! :/

dje6src0vw1c.jpg
Picture taken from ESO fashion, also see this link for evidence: https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/sapling-crabapple/
  • NetViperX
    NetViperX
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't even know that tree existed, but now that I do I wish I had a couple. Hopefully it's a bug and they will put it back on the vendor.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you are not the only one, actualy noticed that a few days ago and posted in bug forums. which is where i found out that yes, it was removed because of the same model as expensive tree (literally same identical model). if I were to guess - they kept expensive tree because when bought with crowns its ALSO more expensive. a sneaky money milking scheme if I saw one.

I agree wholeheartedly that it sucks, for much the same reason - it was pretty much the only inexpensive blooming tree. :(

as far as evidence goes, there are also multiple youtube videos that were going over all the vendor decorations and that tree is in them. as well as those of us who bought the cheap version before the change? still have it in our gardens.
    Edited by Linaleah on November 8, 2017 2:10AM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh that is really bad news. That crabapple is (was) one of my staple buys in the Crown Store, at several for every property I have.

Not surprised that @ZO$ removed the cheaper option, as no doubt people weren't buying the more expensive but very similar crabapple. Yet another black mark to @ZO$ for money-grabbing if this isn't a bug.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I just checked the Crown Store, and the 'Tree, Sturdy Crabapple' is still there for the moment in the Trees section at 25 crowns.

This is the one I have always bought, as opposed to the 'Tree, Blooming Crabapple' in the same section at 140 crowns. There is a difference between them, but not enough to warrant buying the more expensive version.

So either it never disappeared, or @ZO$ have hastily restocked!

Whichever, I have now bought 50 of them in case they mysteriously vanish. :p
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    either they added it back. or I'm going nuts, because when I was looking through crown section the other day to verify if they were both missing, i didn't see any cheaper versions. there were 2 purple trees, just like there are now 2 purple trees only in a vendor in belkarth. 5 and 6k respectively. so i checked the game now, and one of the purple trees is 25 crowns. so its not even money grabbing scheme its.... I don't know WHAT scheme.

now. I generally refuse to buy ANYTHING from crown store that can be bought for in game gold, especially when the in game gold price is 100 gold for a great number of reasons, at least one of those being - this adds up to a LOT of in RL money that could have been used for a lot of other things, including outfits i cannot actualy earn via in game means.

and yeah, its a we want you to pay crowns scheme. for those of us who utilized the in game shops - the tree sturdy crabapple? is 13k gold. blooming is 6k. crabapple sapling no longer exists.

you know I'm actualy genuinely getting pissed off now? ugg.
    Edited by Linaleah on November 8, 2017 5:07AM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lmao this was one of the main trees I used too. what the *** lol well now I'm definitely never buying it with crowns. I don't care if I have to pay 6k per tree
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was noticed during the PTS phase so I assume that was done to remove the duplicate entries.
    One of the reasons I bought a couple of them last week :smile:
  • tonyhextrab16_ESO
    tonyhextrab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I wanted a few of these trees a month or so ago, and went (as I normally did) to the vendor in Belkarth....who now didn`t sell it. So, i came on here to ask if anyone knew why....and I found this...

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/342006/identical-trees-different-prices

What? A bug report?...Feedback?? Way to go, guys.....what on earth did you think would happen? This is Zos we`re talking about, after all.
    No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
  • Moon3NL
    Moon3NL
    ✭✭
    Are you suggesting it was because of one feedback and/or bug report that they removed the sapling? I don't think that's the case, first because this sapling has been available since Homestead arrived in February and there must have been more bug reports about it since that time. Second, this post was in May and they changed it during the recent Clockwork City update. Removing an item doesn't seem like a lot of effort to me so they could've easily done it in a previous update.

I'm still hoping it was all an accident and that they'll return the sapling to the store. Changing the crown cost of the Sturdy Crabapple from 140 crowns to 25 crowns seems like a more serious issue which would cause a lot more people to complain about previously paying too many crowns...

On top of that, why is a 13,000g tree suddenly 25 crowns and the 6000g one still 140 crowns? That really doesn't make sense to me. @ZOS_GinaBruno, do you perhaps know more about this?
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what Moon said. not to mention. its not the only duplicate item, as in identical appearance, but 2 different gold costs. there is another one on that very vendor and THAT hasn't been changed. is it because the crabapple is actualy popular and they are trying to get more people to spend crowns on furniture?
    dirty worthless casual.
  • MrGraves
    MrGraves
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem I have (besides the removal of the sapling version) is that the blooming crabapple is not worth it. it's really lack luster in comparison to some of the crabapples you can find in Belkarth.

This is the crabapple you can buy (there's another for double the price but only a slight alteration really)
    lWZhPpf.jpg

Now here's one outside the bank in Belkarth
    skxS0by.jpg
    It clearly has more flowers and I'm sure players would be willing to buy this for 6-13k rather than the one we can buy. If this is what the crab apple looked like and the sapling looks all lack luster then the price difference would make sense and players would still be compelled to buy both.

• emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    if the change wasn't a mistake then idgi. why not just make new, nicer items for the crown store? If they made another tree entirely that would be crown store exclusive I'd buy it there rather than buy a crown store tree that's available for a lot of gold for what it is
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dang it! I read about its removal in the PTS forums and made a mental note to myself to pick some up before the update dropped, and uh...I forgot. Rats!