Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Crusher glyph worth it for DPS?

NewFordOrder
NewFordOrder
✭✭✭
I currently have weapon damage glyphs on both my daggers. I've seen some builds recommend using a crusher glyph on one of them. Is this really worth it? Can someone advise the pros and cons?
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does an off-hand weapon's enchantment ever proc?

• WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For PVE you should avoid it. A standard crusher glyph reduces enemy resistance by 1622. This works out to just over 3% damage increase while active, and has at most 50% uptime (5s on, then 5s cooldown). Many other enchants will do far more damage, such as weapon damage, poison, disease, or prismatic.

The other reason you want to stay away from using crusher, is the many tanks run a better form of it (infused crusher for 2109, or Torugs infused crusher for 2741). By using a lesser form of crusher you will overwrite the powerful one the tank is using. In this case your crusher glyph is effectively increasing the enemy's armor.

Edit: You should keep the weapon damage glyph on your off-hand, since it only procs on light and heavy attacks. Put something like a poison enchant (not an alchemy poison) on you main dagger and weapon skills will activate it on cooldown. There is no point in using 2 of the same enchant since they share a cooldown.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on November 10, 2017 2:49AM
  • NewFordOrder
    NewFordOrder
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks so much, @WrathOfInnos
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. I am not sure your glyphs still stack (they used to, but glyphs do have an internal cooldown, now ? ... Or only flame/ice/poison/etc glyphs? <- maybe someone else knows for sure)

2. This one I am sure of... the trinity of reduction-penetration-(unmigitated)damage is quite special for your build, no one can give you advice unless they do happen to use the exact same build and skills. If you like to check the effect a glyph change has on the damage of your skills you may use the build editor ( http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor ty, @Berenhir for sharing the link) to crunch some numbers.

3. The basics are easy... your damage done depents on an effective use of penetration and reduction abilities to get as much (unmigitated)damage to the enemy as possible. So:
    - if your damage done is only slightly increased by weapon damage glyphs use at least one add penetration glyph instead
    - if penetration is at max already (buffs!) use reduction glyph.

Have fun testing!

edit: Just to round this up: Generally reducing armor/spell resistance is more effective against targets that have low resistance already. This may affect your choice of glyph depending on the content you play (PVE mobs differ significantly from PVP-players!).
    Edited by Elsterchen on November 10, 2017 3:21AM