The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

How to get a successful pug group for trials.

Stinkyremy
Stinkyremy
✭✭✭✭✭
Probably a stupid question with the only answer being "you don't"

Today has been a nightmare, nhof pug group who think ignoring basic mechanics is easier than doing the mechanics correctly, quitters constantly, half team gone by last boss had to wait for members to find players.
took us 2 hours to do the dungeon, where if we had just done what was need we could have done it in an hour or less.
I joined for the triplets the night before and the entire team left at the end boss.
then after finally completing it, I hosted and found an entire group for vAA which took up to an hour of spamming zone chat in all zones. We got to the storm atro just for the healer to tell us that the other healer had 28k health and was using the heavy armour shield, he doesn't play with noobs, quit and the entire team disolved. We didn't even attemp to attack the boss other than when I triad to find a replacement healer they agrod and the entire team got wiped, left and disbanded.

How do I find a pug group for vet trials, or even normal trials where it is just simple and we run through as needed without all the bs that comes with it.
Edited by Stinkyremy on November 6, 2017 11:50PM
  • X_LadyPhoenix_X
    X_LadyPhoenix_X
    ✭✭✭
    You have already answered yourself... Find a guild... It's usually the best way to get a group for trials. :smile:
    Mistress of Shadows (GM) <ShadowKnight Syndicate>
    an active,adult only, social guild that dabbles in everything on PS4 NA, Est. Oct. 2015
    For the Pact!
    ---
    Master Thief
    ---
    | Lady Phœnix ~ Nord DK | Yelena Elethea ~ High Elf Templar | Stalks-among-Shadows ~ Argonian NB | Inyoni Yezulu ~ Redgaurd Sorc |
    | Chändra Nälaar ~ Dark Elf DK | Elora de Danan ~ Breton Sorc | Velia Vixen ~ Wood Elf Warden | Serephina Valyrin ~ Imperial DK |
    ---
    PSN: X_LadyPhoenix_X
  • C0L0SSUS
    C0L0SSUS
    ✭✭
    “You don’t “ :)
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have already answered yourself... Find a guild... It's usually the best way to get a group for trials. :smile:

I recently started another thread about the elitism I recently experienced in a trial guild, I started a thread here a few weeks ago looking for a guild for end game content as I am fed up with pug groups and just want to complete trails with people who are just playing the trail to complete it.
    I experienced the other end of the spectrum where I am treated like a leper and not even reinvited to do trials with them specifically because they want to get on the leaderboards and I don't have the gear they think I need so i am not worthy.
    irony here is that they didn't even finish the trail either!
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Russia PUG find you
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• fioskal
    fioskal
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't have a trial guild, your best bet is to stack it with people you know are good/friends/etc. Each person from zone is an unknown factor - could be really good, could be really bad. For normals I'll grab a group from zone no problem, if I'm doing a vet I'd hesitate to grab more than a few. I'm not interested in wasting anyone's time, and rather would have a run that I can be pretty sure will be fairly smooth.
    -Fiona-
    PC - NA
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So... the healer with 28k HP and shield was bad, but you doing dps with your shield is okay? xD
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a pug with a mag dps on sword and shield can't be a successful pug.

/thread
    Edited by raj72616a on November 7, 2017 12:12AM
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stinkyremy wrote: »
    I recently started another thread about the elitism I recently experienced in a trial guild
    There is more than 1 guild in this game. If one guild was bad find another one. Simple.
    I started a thread here a few weeks ago looking for a guild for end game content as I am fed up with pug groups and just want to complete trails with people who are just playing the trail to complete it.
    Yes, people want to complete trials. But will this trial be easy for them to complete with "DD" who's doing dps with his sword and board? Nope.
    I experienced the other end of the spectrum where I am treated like a leper and not even reinvited to do trials with them specifically because they want to get on the leaderboards and I don't have the gear they think I need so i am not worthy.
    If the guild wants to complete a trial with highest possible score, you as a member of the guild and this trial group, need to perform well to help them achieve this. If you don't wanna support your group with anything, then looks like group content is not for you.
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    I recently started another thread about the elitism I recently experienced in a trial guild
    There is more than 1 guild in this game. If one guild was bad find another one. Simple.
    I started a thread here a few weeks ago looking for a guild for end game content as I am fed up with pug groups and just want to complete trails with people who are just playing the trail to complete it.
    Yes, people want to complete trials. But will this trial be easy for them to complete with "DD" who's doing dps with his sword and board? Nope.
    If the guild wants to complete a trial with highest possible score, you as a member of the guild and this trial group, need to perform well to help them achieve this. If you don't wanna support your group with anything, then looks like group content is not for you.

If you remember from the other thread, I didn't make the orc mag DK to do trials with, I made the alt as a fun char to play as, Doing vet dungeons. Might even take min in Vma. Although I have done normal trials with the alt already.
    There is nothing wrong with the dps on that char, it is just the autismos who believe that a sword and board dps cannot dps good.
    I'm talking about my main, nord DK tank.
    I didn't say anything about the 28k health healer, I couldn't even see his health, it was the other healer who called him out and started crying like a baby then quit before the trail even began properly.

"If the guild wants to complete a trial with highest possible score"
    Yeah well this is the thing, I started the thread looking for group for end game content, the guy messaged me on PSN, asked me what gear I had, if I had warhorn ect. Made sure I know mechs, all standard questions to be expected form allowing someone to join your trial team for an "interview".
    It wasn't until we were IN the trial vAA and I asked them why they didn't do the cheat/skip and they said they are going for score.
    I asked them why and they never even answered. I never made any mistakes, never died, never taunted the main tanks target. Not been invited back and have been ignored.
    To me a trial is a means to an end, to get gold jewellery, not for epeen, or that I have to play it so rigorously, how I am "commanded", that actually playing the trial is not fun.
    I never asked for an elitism guild, I just said i'm looking for a group to do end game content with because pug grouping is killing me a little inside every time I do a trial with them.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why would you even want to run a trial with pugs?
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »
    Why would you even want to run a trial with pugs?

I don't, It's the only way for me to do vet trials. I haven't got a guild to do it with.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How do I find a pug group for vet trials

You don't.
    Of course, you can try, but most likely you'll keep wiping.
    But I have an idea: if you have a thing for sword and board dds and healers, you could make your own guild. No rules, 100% "play as you want". :)
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You don't.
    But I have an idea: if you have a thing for sword and board dds and healers, you could make your own guild. No rules, 100% "play as you want". :)

" if you have a thing for sword and board dds and healers"
    wtf is that supposed to mean?
    Do you think I am *** because I make 1 alt with an unconventional set up?
    Grow up child.
  • Cage_Lizardman
    Cage_Lizardman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure you're a troll, but you're funny so it's ok.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You don't.

Grow up child.

Lol, I didnt say that. You did. ;)
    Actually making a new guild is a good solution for people who dont want to follow the rules of existing guilds. Chances are you’re not alone, and you could try to find likeminded people.
    At least thats much more productive than blaming others.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Bisbatron
    Bisbatron
    If you didn't get invited back to other runs, maybe it's you or your attitude? I spent a lot of time taking groups on Vet trial training runs, what was most important wasn't "insane" dps, it was people's attitudes while in the trial, and judging by how you act, whether or not you're a good tank/DD or not, I wouldn't have you in my group.

To be fair, most people here do doubt most of what you say, as you are unable to actually back up any of your claims. If you're adamant that your alt can pull "insane" dps(chances are unlikely) then maybe it's your tanking skills need some work, but because of your "I'm always right" attitude, people don't want to help you.
    Edited by Bisbatron on November 7, 2017 1:03PM
  • Stinkyremy
    Stinkyremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You don't.

Grow up child.

Lol, I didnt say that. You did. ;)
    Actually making a new guild is a good solution for people who dont want to follow the rules of existing guilds. Chances are you’re not alone, and you could try to find likeminded people.
    At least thats much more productive than blaming others.

I was actually thinking about it, nearly every guild I have been in seems to not be about helping the guldies but more about accumulating money for the few.
    Though I don't want to actually start a guild, and I wont be able to make a successful guild on my own, it would be nice to be in a traditional guild where prices in guild store are set to benefirt guildies rather than profit from them and guild bank is used as a way for players to help each other rather than for guild leadership to profit from.
  • xRIVALENx
    xRIVALENx
    ✭✭✭

I was actually thinking about it, nearly every guild I have been in seems to not be about helping the guldies but more about accumulating money for the few.
    Though I don't want to actually start a guild, and I wont be able to make a successful guild on my own, it would be nice to be in a traditional guild where prices in guild store are set to benefirt guildies rather than profit from them and guild bank is used as a way for players to help each other rather than for guild leadership to profit from.

You are in the wrong type of guild if they are focused primarily on the guild store and procuring profit. PVE focused guilds are out there, you just have to find them.

Edited by xRIVALENx on November 7, 2017 2:08PM
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you are on NA/PC you can join Friendly Dungeon Runners ( link in signature ). Even if you are already in a trial guild, you can use FDR as a filler for when players need to leave your group for what ever reason. Not many of us do Vet Trials but there are a few members in the guild that have.

Each week when I do trials I normally have to fill with players from zone. The reason is not everyone wants to run trials 2/3 times every week. For the most part I don't have any problems with pugs. Every now and then I will get one that doesn't wait for others then just rushes to the next section of the trial, and some times I get a troll that wants to complain about everything.

Edited by vamp_emily on November 7, 2017 2:21PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• X_LadyPhoenix_X
    X_LadyPhoenix_X
    ✭✭✭

I recently started another thread about the elitism I recently experienced in a trial guild, I started a thread here a few weeks ago looking for a guild for end game content as I am fed up with pug groups and just want to complete trails with people who are just playing the trail to complete it.

You play on PS4 now yes? I could shoot you an invite to the guild I run. We're more a social guild, but trying to work on getting the vet end game content done. There are some requirements we're trying to implement, but nothing to drastic I think. We're looking to just get completions in Vet trials atm, but unfortunately I'm unable to find ppl that really want to give it effort...
    Mistress of Shadows (GM) <ShadowKnight Syndicate>
    an active,adult only, social guild that dabbles in everything on PS4 NA, Est. Oct. 2015
    For the Pact!
    ---
    Master Thief
    ---
    | Lady Phœnix ~ Nord DK | Yelena Elethea ~ High Elf Templar | Stalks-among-Shadows ~ Argonian NB | Inyoni Yezulu ~ Redgaurd Sorc |
    | Chändra Nälaar ~ Dark Elf DK | Elora de Danan ~ Breton Sorc | Velia Vixen ~ Wood Elf Warden | Serephina Valyrin ~ Imperial DK |
    ---
    PSN: X_LadyPhoenix_X
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There are guilds that are focused on competition, and there are guilds that are not. I have two social guilds that run Trials on a weekly basis, both Normal and Vet. For the Vet, we expect you to know what you are doing, but you learn that running the normals. In the normals we teach people about the mechanics, and run the trial like it's Vet so we don't learn any bad habits.

Competition Trials guilds are pretty obvious as to who they want in the guild, its easy to find them, and avoid them, as the case may be.

Find a good guild, and trials will be part of your game play. If your PC/NA, I can get you into two guilds that are good.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"