The connection issues for the North American PC/Mac megaserver have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!

(lore) Did sotha sil use dwemer automatons before moving onto fabricants? Vma

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
In vma, there is two cwc rounds and in them are dwemer automatons but apostles see dwemer creations like some taboo... are dwemer automatons used in vma because convneniance and zos didn't have existing fabricant models to add to the rounds? or did seht actually use dwemer automatons?
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure he looked at them since a lot of his creations are steampunk. Figured out how they work, what made them tick, maybe started off modelling everything based on them, then as time progressed, evolved his technique and style to be his unique clockwork style. You know, used them as a starting point for his machinations.
    Edited by Froil on November 2, 2017 4:45PM
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He took inspiration from the Dwemer initially - the Precursor factotum is made out of Dwemer parts, mostly - but early on he dropped that and used his own designs.

It's probably a matter of not having the assets yet.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He took inspiration from the Dwemer initially - the Precursor factotum is made out of Dwemer parts, mostly - but early on he dropped that and used his own designs.

so is it safe to say that vma needs updating? or are the dwemer automatons in vma lore friendly? let me a call @Enodoc
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    IIRC there are some refabricated Dwemer machines in the Halls of Fabrication Trial too.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IIRC there are some refabricated Dwemer machines in the Halls of Fabrication Trial too.

I havnt played hof yet so I cant confirm
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, there's spheres, spiders and centurions, which are modified but largely visually similar. One of the bosses is a huge spider (I guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it...) I can't remember if they explain why they're there.

In any case, if they were to go back and touch up VMA like they did with the dro-m'Athra in Stonefalls and Reaper's March, the reskinned versions in HOF would make sense.
    Edited by rhapsodious on November 3, 2017 1:20PM
  • elias.stormneb18_ESO
    It should be noted that the stages of the Maelstrom Arena aren't the Clockwork City, just inspired by it. If the Baron Who Moves Like This that made them wanted to put Dwemer autmatons in it, there's nothing wrong with that lore-wise. There's also Dwemeri writing in the Maelstrom Arena stages; which doesn't appear in the Clockwork City. The Arena is its own thing, and not actually connected to Seht in any way.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should be noted that the stages of the Maelstrom Arena aren't the Clockwork City, just inspired by it. If the Baron Who Moves Like This that made them wanted to put Dwemer autmatons in it, there's nothing wrong with that lore-wise. There's also Dwemeri writing in the Maelstrom Arena stages; which doesn't appear in the Clockwork City. The Arena is its own thing, and not actually connected to Seht in any way.

Are you sure? There is actual treasure hunters etc in those stages
  • elias.stormneb18_ESO
    aliyavana wrote: »

Are you sure? There is actual treasure hunters etc in those stages

Yes; Fa-Nuit-Hen even says so. The stages of the Maelstrom Arena are all parts of Fa-Nuit-Hen's realm of Oblivion, created by her Barons Who Move Like This. The stages mimic many different realms, such as the Shivering Isles, Ashpit, Spiral Skein and Clockwork City. The Treasure Hunters are only there because the Baron that created the stage wanted them to be there; they may well actually be Daedra made to look like mortals. Also, Seht and his Clockwork Apostles would never allow some Daedra to create an arena in his realm; so the stages couldn't actually be there.
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Considering that Sotha Sil had contact with the Dwemer as he discovered how to use Kagrenac's Tools to turn the Tribunal into the living gods. So it's perfectly reasonable he saw what the Dwemer had made, experimented with them and then started to improve upon what they had made with his own designs and ideas.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »

so is it safe to say that vma needs updating? or are the dwemer automatons in vma lore friendly? let me a call @Enodoc
    As Elias said, VMA doesn't really have anything to do with the actual Clockwork City, so lorewise it doesn't need to "match" the real CWC. Fa-Nuit-Hen likely copied some aspects of CWC for the arena, but changed up some things to make them more interesting. Or maybe wasn't even aware that Seht has his own fabricants rather than automatons.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I see basically no influence of the Clockwork city in the Maelstrom Arenas. It seems like its just Dwemer influenced. Dwemer delve hunters are not an uncommon thing and all the Machines in there are Dwemer origin, not CWC.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see basically no influence of the Clockwork city in the Maelstrom Arenas. It seems like its just Dwemer influenced. Dwemer delve hunters are not an uncommon thing and all the Machines in there are Dwemer origin, not CWC.
    Hmm maybe, but they are literally called Seht's Balcony and Seht's Flywheel, so they're definitely supposed to be Clockwork-based.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Hmm maybe, but they are literally called Seht's Balcony and Seht's Flywheel, so they're definitely supposed to be Clockwork-based.

This, a simple reskin on the automatons to refabricated ones, and the gear changed to precursor era gear would be good... so people won't confuse dwemer and clockwork
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, there's spheres, spiders and centurions, which are modified but largely visually similar. One of the bosses is a huge spider (I guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it...) I can't remember if they explain why they're there.

In any case, if they were to go back and touch up VMA like they did with the dro-m'Athra in Stonefalls and Reaper's March, the reskinned versions in HOF would make sense.
    Noticed that on second play trough, the enemy khajiit was dro-m'Athra, that was an nice touch leading up to the trial.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.