The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

This is why magplars are blackballed from vet trials ( dps )

Ihatenightblades
Ihatenightblades
✭✭✭✭✭
You ever try doing a DPS parse with a magplar? You can have someone wearing worm, applying ele drain and tossing shards and STILL run out of magicka half way through..

This is SAD. When mag dk was having sustain issues in pve it was buffed shortly after and since then the sustain on mag dk is acceptable.

Why cant we reduce some cost on these abilities for magplar? Mag dk got every abilitys cost amount reduced by a ton

I think magplar needs love damage isnt the problem i dont think its the sustain.

Maybe its time to look into buffing magplar ONLY on sustain.

Maybe reduce cost of shards and vampires bane? Any ideas?
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funny. I on a whim put my MagPlar to the Test Dummy tonight. Max gear, buffs etc.

14k DPS...
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Funny. I on a whim put my MagPlar to the Test Dummy tonight. Max gear, buffs etc.

14k DPS...

Umm 14k.... .... umm ok. Case in point.
    PC / NA
    Templar Healer "False Eye"
    Sorc Healer "Potema the Wolf Queen"
    Warden Healer "Heavy Attacks Online"
    Magicka Nightblade DPS "Nephaleth Telvanni"
    Dragonknight Tank "Nico's Facsimile"

Builds & Guides:
    Horow's Templar Healer Guide for Trials (Murkmire updated)
    How to get Felms to jump correctly in vAS HM?
    Horow's vMA Magicka Sorc Build for beginners and lazy farmers
    Horow's Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Heavy Attack Build - Summerset Isles Ready
    More builds at anthem-guild.com/pve/.

Notable Achievements:
    - World's first 18 Axes vAA clear
    - World's first 20+ enrage stack Llothis in vAS HM and World record cone damage
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You ever try doing a DPS parse with a magplar? You can have someone wearing worm, applying ele drain and tossing shards and STILL run out of magicka half way through..

This is SAD. When mag dk was having sustain issues in pve it was buffed shortly after and since then the sustain on mag dk is acceptable.

Why cant we reduce some cost on these abilities for magplar? Mag dk got every abilitys cost amount reduced by a ton

I think magplar needs love damage isnt the problem i dont think its the sustain.

MagDK sustain is buffed from what the other magicka characters do. We give them a free attack. There are magplars that handle sustain just fine and in reality the magplar you are speaking of probably has a bad build and rotation or something.

I still know a couple players that main magplars and clear all the trials including HM. They do just fine.

The link below is to a build for the current live game. Two unbuffed parses at the end for 35-36k dps. Not stellar for mag dps but not bad either. I saw someone post they could only get 14k on the dummy...

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/noss-guide-to-magicka-templar-trial4-man-dps-thiefs-guild/

maybe this will help and debunk what the OP is suggesting.

Oh, and for those that just want to see the dummy parse. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=50&v=_hf_xtsJ6BA

Really shows what the OP has said is not the case by any means.
    Edited by idk on September 28, 2017 5:23AM
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

14k DPS...

Sounds about right, I'm no way an expert at getting high DPS/knowing my rotation but even my max was like 13k
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

14k DPS...

Sounds about right, I'm no way an expert at getting high DPS/knowing my rotation but even my max was like 13k

Thing is, the average DPS for your typical casual PvE player is around 15k, 20k if you're built good enough. Then you have those who follow the Meta builds and create their characters with the aim of doing Trial Leaderboard runs, and they can reach numbers in the 30s, 40s, Hell even 50s. The downside is the higher the number gets, usually means the stricter builds get. If you wanna be the best possible, you're gonna get shoehorned into a very specific playstyle.

But honestly even for me, 14k is a very depressing number for where I want to be. My poorly built StamBlade does better than that.
    Edited by ArchMikem on September 28, 2017 5:21AM
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    14k dps is very low, i can get about 19k just by spamming jabs + LA weaving on my stamplar. You guys must be doing something wrong to be getting such low DPS.
    Edited by tplink3r1 on September 28, 2017 5:35AM
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tplink3r1 wrote: »
    14k dps is very low, i can get about 17k just by spamming jabs on my stamplar. You guys must be doing something wrong to be getting such low DPS.

It's called running out of Magic and having nonexistent recovery.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    14k dps is very low, i can get about 17k just by spamming jabs on my stamplar. You guys must be doing something wrong to be getting such low DPS.

Even with Channelled Focus you still run out of magic
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

MagDK sustain is buffed from what the other magicka characters do. We give them a free attack. There are magplars that handle sustain just fine and in reality the magplar you are speaking of probably has a bad build and rotation or something.

I still know a couple players that main magplars and clear all the trials including HM. They do just fine.

The link below is to a build for the current live game. Two unbuffed parses at the end for 35-36k dps. Not stellar for mag dps but not bad either. I saw someone post they could only get 14k on the dummy...

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/noss-guide-to-magicka-templar-trial4-man-dps-thiefs-guild/

Oh, and for those that just want to see the dummy parse. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=50&v=_hf_xtsJ6BA

36k is pretty low ta

Ok and thats what this post is about so why are u defending magplar and then not? Im confused. And yes 14k is trash i do 30k with my magplar and thats my lowest i do out of all my toons.

My stam ward even does 35k
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my magplar I run:
    5 Moondancer (Dualwield)
    5 Julianos
    2 Grothdarr

With the correct moondancer proc I sit at 1,8k mag-recovery which is enough to sustain. Only issue is that I have to QQ for synergies every 30 seconds. Also popping synergies is buggy and doesn´t always work.

The main issue for magplars at the moment is that their main dps skills isn´t giving the extra %-damage as it should. Sweeps and radiant destruction does less damage than they should due how the damage from their abilities is calculated at the moment.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno any ETA on a fix for magicka Templars main dps abilities??
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

36k is pretty low ta

Ok and thats what this post is about so why are u defending magplar and then not? Im confused. And yes 14k is trash i do 30k with my magplar and thats my lowest i do out of all my toons.

When was I defending Templars? The funny remark? I said this thread was funny because it was made the same night I randomly decided to DPS test my MagPlar for once and saw how depressingly low it's number is. What's funny was purely the coincidence. On topic I completely agree that Templars need work, not to mention every class. Frankly the nerfs to Resource Sustain need to be removed.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    On my magplar I run:
    5 Moondancer (Dualwield)
    5 Julianos
    2 Grothdarr

With the correct moondancer proc I sit at 1,8k mag-recovery which is enough to sustain. Only issue is that I have to QQ for synergies every 30 seconds. Also popping synergies is buggy and doesn´t always work.

The main issue for magplars at the moment is that their main dps skills isn´t giving the extra %-damage as it should. Sweeps and radiant destruction does less damage than they should due how the damage from their abilities is calculated at the moment.

Problem is, magplar gets good only after RNG God takes notice of you and gifts you with two Moondancer Swords. You don't have many options for resource management outside of having Moondancer. The best bet for most magplars (those who aren't lucky enough) is running destro(lightning)/destro(flame). That can help with resource management.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on September 28, 2017 8:38AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

36k is pretty low ta

@Ihatenightblades

It does demonstrate your OP sustain information is inaccurate. That guy didn't have sustain isssues. As I said, whoever you were discussion was probably using a bad build or rotation.

Also. Was not saying the parse was great compared to the other magicka classes though I think it would be good for the discussion if you posted one of your magicks unbuffed parses to show what you consider worthy.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

14k DPS...

Thing is, the average DPS for your typical casual PvE player is around 15k, 20k if you're built good enough. Then you have those who follow the Meta builds and create their characters with the aim of doing Trial Leaderboard runs, and they can reach numbers in the 30s, 40s, Hell even 50s. The downside is the higher the number gets, usually means the stricter builds get. If you wanna be the best possible, you're gonna get shoehorned into a very specific playstyle.

But honestly even for me, 14k is a very depressing number for where I want to be. My poorly built StamBlade does better than that.

Actually there are quite a few setups that allow you to reach similar numbers in raids. It all depends on the group, etc. So what you're saying about being forced into 1 build to get high DPS is kinda false. Dummy tests are for comparing one setup to another, not for general DPS measuring. Magplar for instance, sucks on the dummy (compared to other Mag classes aside Warden) but shines in raids due to longer execute phases.

Still. As of now, melee magicka characters aren't really used in raids. Stamina melee is just better.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    On my magplar I run:
    5 Moondancer (Dualwield)
    5 Julianos
    2 Grothdarr

Don't run Grothdarr on magplar dude. Ypu want skoria or 1slimecraw and 1 kena
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if it's the cost reduction from being a Breton but I can get through a 3 mil dummy without a single heavy attack on my magplar. I run blue food but I do use one regen on my jewelry. Granted, I'm not pulling spectacular DPS but it does slightly better than my mag sorc, who I do heavy attack every other rotation on.

Edit: I'm definitely not saying that Templars don't need some love. It's just from my experience their issues are that they have an execute that scales poorly, not resource management problems.
    Edited by Danksta on September 28, 2017 4:06PM
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it is pretty hard to do a solo parse on a dummy with a magplar. I have to spec for some regen. channelled focus and ele drain help a lot as well. With 5 moonancer and channelled focus I have no issues in trials but my dps only really shines in execute.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamplar is the way to go for now. It's the circle of life or Ouroboros or something.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • damarky
    damarky
    ✭✭✭
    oh please buff magic Templars. I have 2 parked up doing jack all
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    go stamplar, they have solid dps and your group will love you for power of the light and good war machine uptime from crescent sweeps

magplar not so much. if youre a melee magplar, youre just taking a stam spot who will outdamage you no questions asked. rangeplars can pull some decent dps, but magblades and mag sorcs for the most part outdamage them anyways.

yea, they arent in a good spot, but i still play mine cause i was able to get moondancer swords. those are always fun
  • kypranb14_ESO
    kypranb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heres an idea! Replace the Burning Light passive with a sustain passive. *insert trollface here*

Seriously though, do away with all proc-stuff. Implosion and Burning Light are kinda ridiculous in my opinion.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Heres an idea! Replace the Burning Light passive with a sustain passive. *insert trollface here*

Seriously though, do away with all proc-stuff. Implosion and Burning Light are kinda ridiculous in my opinion.

Yes! Let's bring Magplar deeps in line with mag warden... oh wait, that's a terrible idea.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with melee magplars and magdks is that theres no reason to invite them to a raid when you can invite stam dds with much higher dps. Not to mention that stam dds can buff each other with support sets.
    ZOS cant even fix the scaling of templar abilities, which is just ridiculous.
    As a magplar main, I agree... This is sad.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radiant Aura and Channeled Focus add nearly 600 magic per second. Elemental Drain is good for other classes but not Templars. Tank will be laying down breach with their taunt so you don’t need it. Radiant Aura has minor Magic stealer and a recovery buff.

With 2k regen my MagPlar is never low on magic that’s with two swords on my main hand. My DPS is 38k. Not the best but it’s a solid number since I can Sustain it. You really shouldn’t do what works for other classes.

Off topic but my Nightblades stamina and magic keep that miss chance up. Miss chance is not big on mSorc and mDK but my Nightblades don’t fight without it. You have to use the unique power of each class.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • paallterrain148
    5 spc, 4 moon, 2 skoria. Only 3 PC's divines. 2k sd fully buffed, no breech or spell pots, running the world's most sloppy/forgetful rotation pulls 16k easy.

That's my Argonian dungeon healer. If your DPS build is pulling less then mine, you got issues that buffing Templars won't fix. I'm using luminous shards, and include rapid regen in my rotation...
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 spc, 4 moon, 2 skoria. Only 3 PC's divines. 2k sd fully buffed, no breech or spell pots, running the world's most sloppy/forgetful rotation pulls 16k easy.

That's my Argonian dungeon healer. If your DPS build is pulling less then mine, you got issues that buffing Templars won't fix. I'm using luminous shards, and include rapid regen in my rotation...

I forgot to add that my Toon is an Argonian as well. DPS not healer but all my toons are Argonian. A min/max race should but 40-41k no problem.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword