The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Still don't have all the sets

Narvuntien
Narvuntien
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
We still don't have access to all the sets in the boxes.

Yes it is much better now but I went onto the PTS to test a bunch of sets and I wasn't able to get a hold of a bunch of them.

Most importantly the PVP sets. I had to go to Cryodil and use all my AP to buy boxes until I found the pieces I needed then transmuting them into the trait i wanted... It took making more template and transfering more AP to get it.

I also wanted to use sets that drop in Dragonstar Arena, beyond the masters gear.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same here...but I will not be doing Dragonstar vet (really really struggle still on non-vet - it just doesn't fit well in my brain).

But then I realize that if I could "get it all" I wouldn't appreciate the process as much. Still looking for Trinimac Shields (love the look) - but have never gotten a Trinimac or Ancient Orc motif page drop. Ever.

Recently I found that my beloved/desired "Skull staff" is actually the Draugr staff. I'll start doing more mage/fighter dailies; never seen a page of it ever on undaunted dailies.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry I should of been clear... not all the sets on the PTS template.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahh... PTS is too freaky for me; I would have done it for Morrowind, but of the 4 of us who regularly play together, only 3 got invites - we weren't gonna have only 3 of us play there.

Other than that, I would get frustrated at seeing all my work/new characters/progress get 'lost'.

But that's just me.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Ahh... PTS is too freaky for me; I would have done it for Morrowind, but of the 4 of us who regularly play together, only 3 got invites - we weren't gonna have only 3 of us play there.

Other than that, I would get frustrated at seeing all my work/new characters/progress get 'lost'.

But that's just me.

In the PTS, when there is a big update coming, they copy characters from NA servers for 2-3 weeks, then EU servers for 2+ weeks. It is how it happens.

That said, I agree, they need to have ALL the sets available to the player in the PTS. Most of us don't want to hop into Maelstrom arena, Dragonstar Arena, or Cyrodiil to get those last sets that we might be using.

I also think they need to update a series of sets that have become outdated and frankly impossible to use except in a very very niche build. Some of us want to use sets like Ice Furnace (so either change it so that it is Spell damage instead of weapon damage, or make the 5 piece bonus proc off of any ice damage, just have a lower proc chance)
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...