Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Refund for Erroneous Crown Store Purchase of the Clockwork City Collector's Edition

Shadowshire
Shadowshire
✭✭✭✭
After a player purchases the Clockwork City DLC, the Crown Store should not offer the Clockwork City Collector's Edition. Also, perchance the player buys the Clockwork City Collector's Edition, then the Crown Store should not continue to offer the Clockwork City DLC.

There is nothing gained that is worth the cost to buy both. For whatever reason, I overlooked that I had already purchased the Clockwork City DLC, and bought the Clockwork City Collector's Edition because it was the only one that was available. At the time, I assumed that the initial release of the Clockwork City DLC was no longer available, because I did not recognize its darkened panel among all of the other DLCs which I have bought previously with Crowns.

Afterward, I realized what had happened, namely, an expenditure of 4000 Crowns for 5 Crown Experience Scrolls which I don't need, a Mount that I will never use, and a Pet that I will not include in playing the game (nor will I display either the mount or the pet at a homestead).

So I want a refund at least of the Crowns that I spent first for the Clockwork City DLC. ZOS can have the other items back if they will refund the 4000 Crowns for the Collector's Edition instead. However, I cannot find a way to contact anyone at ZOS about this matter.

The Log-in for the Support feature of the ZOS website fails, without any explanation, although I correctly enter the user ID and password for the "Account" and for logging-in to play the game. As far as I know, the user ID and password to log-in to "Support" are the same as for the "Account". (The user ID and password are different for the ESO Forum, however.) In fact, when I use the "Sign Up" feature on the page displayed by https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/utils/login the result is a display of the log-in dialog for the "Account".

Evidently the ZOS website Support feature recognizes that I already have an "Account" at least while I am, in fact, logged-in to play the game. But there is no access to anyone who can do anything about the Account and/or transactions at the Crown Store. This situation is no way for anyone who is serious about providing ESO as a service to run their business, because it will eventually ruin their business.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If you are unable to log into the ESO support website using this link, you can contact us by following the steps below:
    1. Visit the account recovery page and select your platform, your Userid, and the appropriate option in the drop down for "Issue Type."
    2. Fill out the form to the best of your ability. If you are currently using a different email than the one that is associated with your ESO game account, please enter that in the Your Current Email Address line.
    3. Enter what you can remember about your account in the Account Ownership Verification fields.
    4. Attach any proof of purchase you may have to the form.
    5. In the Describe Your Problem in Detail box, please include the email address that is currently associated with your ESO game account and a brief description of your issue.
    6. When you have finished filling out the form, click the Submit button at the bottom of the page.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    If you are unable to log into the ESO support website using this link, you can contact us by following the steps below:
    Thank-you for your reply. The 4000 Crowns which I spent have been refunded to my account. :smiley:

Edited by Shadowshire on November 1, 2017 4:03AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi