The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please change what procs Tava's Favor!

Samsayia
Samsayia
✭✭✭
I don't normally come on the official forums much other than to read patch notes and check if the server is down, but the changes made to evasion--while I know was intended to attempt balancing something not related to the ulti-gen tank build---comes at the death of the Tava's Favor set which is a beloved option for DragonKnight ulti-generation Tank builds.

If there's any way we can change what procs tava to save it as an option for tanks, it would be appreciated by at least this tank.

For my bit of soap box time....I don't care what it gets changed to, but to change what procs tava...maybe like when you block a heavy amount of damage? take a lot of direct physical damage? Or I....I dunno, anything, change it to anything tank-specific. Anything at all, just please don't kill Tava's forever. And while I know some players might want to say "use bloodspawn" that's not a replacement for tava's, IMO neither is dragonguard. For the record, my build uses all three of those sets as a hybrid build, Dragonguard, Tava's Favor, and Bloodspawn. It's well balanced and has pros and cons to usage. It's high resource spend, but high resource gain and takes training on the player's part to master the resource management while also not moving the bosses and mobs around like crazy. It allows me to use chains and talons for grouping at will on top of the resource spending for buffing and taunting, but I have to mind the timing between ultimate drops, potions, and use of heavy attacks to keep up with the high resource spending. Because I can drop a lot of DK standards I can spend my standard during mob fights and my team can coordinate with me--they wait for me to chain pull in mobs, then use the synergy to lock them down, that saves me the cost of using talons for that fight so I can spend more on chains. The build has cons in that I use champion points to make up for not getting to resistance caps, the build doesn't really do much damage, doesn't provide shields for the group beyond what igneous shield gives, it won't hold up in PVP and it's not cut for veteran trial tanking (holds up well in normal trials where most builds hold up okay). What it does do is maximize the damage my DPSers can do. With morrowind's release the build had to be moved over to a hybrid build from stamina (which IMO made it even stronger though caltrops had to be given up.) I can't describe how much fun I've had doing vet HM ruins of mazz on this build and being able to group things together as they spawn. Tanking vHM Selene is on a whole new level when I can chain pull in ALL of the spawns and my team locks them down in my standard, and keep Selene taunted and as still as possible AND dodge roll her heavy attacks. It makes a LOT of work for me but it's so much fun. The death of Tava's wipes out a major source of the ulti-gen needed to breathe life into the build. It has it's limitations but I find it to be well balanced because of those procs and cons. Again it's incredible fun as a tank and makes things fun for my DPSers. With Tava's out, even while still using Dragonguard and Bloodspawn how much I spend my resources to do the things that I do, it won't keep up and there's no other sources of major evasion to adapt the build to for Dragonknights. : (

Please save Tava's favor for tanks. Whatever the proc is changed to I'm sure tanks could adapt to some how. Please don't leave this set dead.

To other players reading this, I'm not saying I couldn't use another build and go on with my life. More that I'm trying to say Tava's Favor doesn't have to die like this. If there's anyway ZoS could adjust what procs Tava's to save it as Tank build option....I'm here to say I'd really, really appreciate it.
  • Samsayia
    Samsayia
    ✭✭✭
    No one? Is it that the ulti-gen set is really that unpopular or that not enough people care to ask the dev's to try and keep it alive?

Or, let me re-ask that question, what OTHER builds out there even use Tava's besides the ulti-generation tank build? And who would still use it now after the changes made to evasion?

Last time I checked Tava's has only ever been used by dragonknight tanks, but I could stand to learn a thing or two considering I avoid PVP in ESO. What I'm getting at here is: if Tava's Favor is broken for tanks it's pretty much broken in general then, yeah? No one else gonna use it as far as I know. I approve of the changes made to Evasion, but the cost to the death of Tava's Favor for tanks doesn't....have to be that way.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just use the hist bar set problem solved
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Samsayia
    Samsayia
    ✭✭✭
    Hollery wrote: »
    Just use the hist bar set problem solved

Hist Bark is a craftable set, so is Tava's. Can't run two craftable 5-pc 2 sets at the same time.
    Google the sets bruh :/
  • RT_Frank
    RT_Frank
    ✭✭✭
    You'll be surprised by how many people say to use hist bark to fix tavas it's crazy :D

In regards to your post, I have a dk tank that had the exact same setup. The best solution to replace tavas is to use werewolf hide. It's medium armor so you'll need some jewelry and weapons to maintain 5 pc heavy armor. But werewolf hide is amazing! Much better than tavas since they nerfed shuffle a while back and you don't have to slot shuffle! You can also try potentates which is a 3 pc set so you can have the other 2 pc be of a random set or a sword and board vma/dsa set. Also, if you really want to ulti gen, be a vamp and slot invigorating drain. That 5 ult per sec is too good to pass up among the badass passives. The fire weakness is not even noticeable.

Also, i disagree about ulti gen builds not being viable for vet trials. I have tanked vet trials many times on my old ulti build and it has been my best tanking setup by far (better than my Ebon/alkosh setup which is now my off tank setup). Not provinding the best igneous shields or having full resistance means little to tanks when compared to sustainability and group buffing. However, you shouldn't be using dk standard as a tank. You're wasting your ult points that should be going into warhorn, or the occasional barrier/magma armor.

Edited by RT_Frank on October 30, 2017 5:53PM
  • Mithoron
    Mithoron
    ✭✭✭
    Roll a NB tank, then you can use your Tava's again....
  • Samsayia
    Samsayia
    ✭✭✭
    Mithoron wrote: »
    Roll a NB tank, then you can use your Tava's again....

No nightblade tank uses Tava's, fren. Nightblade's don't get resources funded to them for dropping ultimates. Read up on how dragonknight passives work and why it's in a dragonknight's interest to gen ulti. Also, nightblades are ulti generators enough on their own IMO. they sneeze and have their ultimate ready.
    RT_Frank wrote: »
    In regards to your post, I have a dk tank that had the exact same setup. The best solution to replace tavas is to use werewolf hide. It's medium armor so you'll need some jewelry and weapons to maintain 5 pc heavy armor. But werewolf hide is amazing! ....

...However, you shouldn't be using dk standard as a tank. You're wasting your ult points that should be going into warhorn, or the occasional barrier/magma armor.

I have looked at potentates but Dragonguard Akaviri I felt had better passives for a hybrid build. However I like the Hide of the Werewolf set. Thank you for that suggestion Imma have to look into that asaps.

As far as standard goes, I have warhorn on the front bar and mostly that to aid in all the maximize dps for the dpsers. My standard sits on the back bar and I use it sparingly--when I feel like it namely. I can fully understand the argument for Magma armor, but I find them to be interchangable depending on what else the group is running. I used to run magma armor, just ended up preferring standard due to what my healers tend to run.
  • Capsaica
    Capsaica
    ✭✭✭
    PvP is certainly a place where you will see Tava's used. I use it on an ulti-regen stam sorc build and would be pretty bummed if they changed the way the set activates. I can understand your pain, however.

I have tested Werewolf Hide (Like @RT_Frank mentioned above) as a replacement for Tava's and have found it to be a nearly equivalent if not better set in certain situations. As a tank, it would almost certainly be better. Perhaps give it a try and see what you can do?
  • Samsayia
    Samsayia
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you both for the Hide of the Werewolf suggestion. I can tell I can make this work well with Dragonguard and Bloodspawn! Ahh I'm so excited to get this build fixed!
  • Psyonico
    Psyonico
    ✭✭✭
    The problem with werewolf is that it takes away the 5/1/1 bonus to undaunted since you then have to run 2 medium pieces
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psyonico wrote: »
    The problem with werewolf is that it takes away the 5/1/1 bonus to undaunted since you then have to run 2 medium pieces

@Psyonico You can use 3 jewelry with a weapon and shield. No medium required.
  • charley222
    charley222
    ✭✭✭✭
    if you are Magicka build you got Shalk Exoskeleton http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Shalk+Exoskeleton+Set

but again if you are stamina build you get again screw nothing new here like always , one more amour heavy armor magicka have and not stamina in heavy armor this just make any sense
    Edited by charley222 on October 31, 2017 10:09PM
    the wall of the covenant
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it's PvP you can just craft it in medium and run shuffle. 1/1/5 has only marginally more mitigation than 1/5/1. For PvE Torug's is better anyway.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |