The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

[VIDEO] Simple CPU/GPU usage test ( Stormhaven : 720p/1080p/1440p/4k )

RouDeR
RouDeR
✭✭✭✭✭
I have noticed slight performance improvement since Clockwork City but the game Engine is still trash ...
Configuration :
CPU: i7 7740x OC to 4.7ghz
GPU: evga GTX 1080ti stock
SSD: 1TB 850 EVO
1x16gb DDR4 RAM 3000 MHZ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pkq_FvV13U
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And, what's your point?
    confused24.gif
    Options
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    And, what's your point?
    confused24.gif

More improvement needed is my guess.
    Options
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the point is that ESO is CPU limited and performance is similar despite resolution when CPU limited in populated areas.

I watched the video without audio so not sure if there was dialog in the video.
    Options
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's an idea, instead of posting your youtube garbage to earn ad revenue why don't you just post a paragraph with the fps results and CPU utilization.
    Options
  • TheUndeadAmulet
    TheUndeadAmulet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanar wrote: »
    Here's an idea, instead of posting your youtube garbage to earn ad revenue why don't you just post a paragraph with the fps results and CPU utilization.

lol only like 100 people are gonna watch it that's like 10 cents. Max.

But he still should actually type down some of the findings with images.
    XBOX NA 1000+ CP
    nerf ping please
    Options
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My game looks the same on 1920x1080 ULTRA on a Nvidia 750ti
    Options
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the point is that ESO is CPU limited and performance is similar despite resolution when CPU limited in populated areas.
    "CPU limited" can mean two things. The CPUs are doing too much work or they aren't doing enough work.

His video does not show either of those scenarios ...
    confused24.gif
    Options
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "CPU limited" can mean two things. The CPUs are doing too much work or they aren't doing enough work.

confused24.gif

I admit to watching the video on my phone with no audio, but it looked to me that his frame rate was basically the same at 720p up to at least 1440p. And in all cases he was not reaching the max 100 fps. That to me clearly shows that in populated areas the performance is limited by CPU rather than GPU.

It might have also demonstrated that the while the game does have multiple threads it heavily relies on one. The better single core performance you have the better the game will run in those populated areas.
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

confused24.gif

I admit to watching the video on my phone with no audio, but it looked to me that his frame rate was basically the same at 720p up to at least 1440p. And in all cases he was not reaching the max 100 fps. That to me clearly shows that in populated areas the performance is limited by CPU rather than GPU.

It might have also demonstrated that the while the game does have multiple threads it heavily relies on one. The better single core performance you have the better the game will run in those populated areas.

You are correct.

However this is all common knowledge for any game. Increasing resolution will only increase the load on your GPU, not the CPU.
    Options