The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How Can NB Cloak While Being Soul Assaulted?

• Pastas
    Pastas
    ✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    Anyone know if you are a nb and you mark another nb and can still see them when they use cloak will soul assault still damage them when they try to cloak away never tried it JW lol

This does anyone know lol

You'll continue to soul Assault them I assume, no different than a detect pot

Nope. there is a big difference between detect pots and NB mark.

Potions prevent target from using stealth, so NB can´t use cloak meanwhile the debuff is active.

NB mark allows the caster, and ONLY the caster, to SEE stealthed targets, but it does not prevent NB to use cloak.

So you can still cloak through Soul Assault while you are marked.
    Edited by Pastas on November 2, 2017 10:08AM
    WARNING
    This post may Include horrible gramatical and orthographic errors
    Read on your own risk
    AD
    Dar'foo Stamblade Zorg-gro-Wurf DK tank Far-Datxo Templar healer Valmir Spellius Magsorc
    Randolf Omberic Magblade Felien Golas Magdk Faenor Oakwood Stamplar Sader Dustorm Stamsorc
    EP
    Do'Ragash Stamdk Caius Grachus Stamden Dalyne Narus Magplar
    DC
    Melkar Spellius Magden
    PC EU
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    raasdal wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »
    Dots are the least scary thing in PvP due to purges and low dmg.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA i´m dying. Lethal lol dot.

I hope this was a joke?

?

When do you hear: "Oh no darn that viper dot really got me." "Oh no. I got dotted to death." "Not the stamNB dot ganker noooo." That stamwardens dot combo just wiped the whole group.

Sure the niche stamsorc build is cute. But if you are 1vXing, and/or there is a templar. Say bye to dots. Also earthgore. Or cloak. The dots which you spent time applying go byebye.

Not saying DoT's are OP or anything.

But the answer to your question is; Because people are clueless and think that you can use the original "Deathrecap" to determine what ACTUALLY caused you to die.

No one is saying "Oh no darn that viper dot really got me.", because they do not FEEL that it killed them. It is the same with all DoT's in the game, and the way they work on your mind. Try go fight a Magicka DK. His largest damage output is Burning Embers. No Discussion. But stil, no one will ever say "oh no, that Embers DoT got me". But in fact that Embers Burn DID get you. Because that DoT, along with one or two others maybe, was the only reason that you were at 40% health, when you got Fossilized and dual-whipped for the rest of your health. But in this case, people will blaim Fossilize and Whip. Because those were the things that, to the receivers eyes and feelings, were the skills that killed him. But in fact, he got killed by the DoTs.

Duels are a little different. Duels you have one focus, and one incomming damage. You can keep dots up without much threat of them being purged by a healer. (Unless you are dueling templar then gg.)

I main mdk, and have played against many. The dots themselves don't really hurt especially if you are playing meta v meta in heavy. DOTs tick for like 2/300 each. The reason they are used more is for skoria, healing or a passive buff. The only class that can really get me with their dots are stamsorcs.

Which brings me to my second part. They aren't awful for pressure in 1v1s but unsustainable in higher fights due to everyone and their mother purging/suppressing. Which is why I say they shouldn't be suppressed.

So you basically want templars and nightblades get trashed in duels because you are unable to break cloak (with a mag dk lol...)?
    Every post I see from you is like nerf sorcs, nerf nightblades or buff magdk, it's getting boring because you downplay the strength of magdks in such a ridiculous way that it's not even funny anymore (for example rating shields stronger than block + healing synergie with sword an board or rating mag dk sustain as the worst sustain in the game).

Edit: Would have never thought that I would defend cloak mechanic one day >.<

How about a button that stops all direct damage whilst active? Is that fair. Nope.

Also. I want a nerf to shields (Not sorcs, buff streak) AND to permablock. (What a buff to DK amirite) Generally a lower TTK. If you want to twist what I am saying, go ahead.

Shields have less counters, but as I mentioned, the block aspect is stronger. And DKs do have the worst sustain. By a good bit too. Watch gilliams video. Downplaying DKs strengths. OK, ask kodi or sypher. (when he plays) Also, where in there did I say nerf templar. The worst nerfed class as is? Oh wait. I didn't.

I quote: "This isn't a nerf NB comment either. They are by far the best balanced class. I'd even make cloak a little more flexible. (Have it take 2 ticks from stationary GBAoEs like caltrops etc to break) It just doesn't make sense completely ignoring them whilst in it." More than a fair deal, cloak becomes a STEALTH device rather than a temp immortality.

Psst, this I have also played a dot based stamsorc, but thankfully on that I had hurricane to reveal, even then still it was an issue because if I got them low, they could run and heal all whilst hidden. And reasons like these are why dots builds are so rare. Unlike you, I'd like balance.

Tell me why I am wrong. :*
    Edited by ak_pvp on October 31, 2017 12:15PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Storymaster
    Storymaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Min-Maxxer World Problems.
    Character Profiles:
    Puck Tanglevine - Bosmer Nightblade
    Cyron Kane - Imperial Dragonknight (Retired)
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope this was a joke?

?

When do you hear: "Oh no darn that viper dot really got me." "Oh no. I got dotted to death." "Not the stamNB dot ganker noooo." That stamwardens dot combo just wiped the whole group.

Sure the niche stamsorc build is cute. But if you are 1vXing, and/or there is a templar. Say bye to dots. Also earthgore. Or cloak. The dots which you spent time applying go byebye.

But the answer to your question is; Because people are clueless and think that you can use the original "Deathrecap" to determine what ACTUALLY caused you to die.

No one is saying "Oh no darn that viper dot really got me.", because they do not FEEL that it killed them. It is the same with all DoT's in the game, and the way they work on your mind. Try go fight a Magicka DK. His largest damage output is Burning Embers. No Discussion. But stil, no one will ever say "oh no, that Embers DoT got me". But in fact that Embers Burn DID get you. Because that DoT, along with one or two others maybe, was the only reason that you were at 40% health, when you got Fossilized and dual-whipped for the rest of your health. But in this case, people will blaim Fossilize and Whip. Because those were the things that, to the receivers eyes and feelings, were the skills that killed him. But in fact, he got killed by the DoTs.

Duels are a little different. Duels you have one focus, and one incomming damage. You can keep dots up without much threat of them being purged by a healer. (Unless you are dueling templar then gg.)

I main mdk, and have played against many. The dots themselves don't really hurt especially if you are playing meta v meta in heavy. DOTs tick for like 2/300 each. The reason they are used more is for skoria, healing or a passive buff. The only class that can really get me with their dots are stamsorcs.

Which brings me to my second part. They aren't awful for pressure in 1v1s but unsustainable in higher fights due to everyone and their mother purging/suppressing. Which is why I say they shouldn't be suppressed.

If you are fighting a group and there is one competent magplar it doesn't matter if you use dots or if you have insanely high burst. The Templar will keep every member of their group alive. Magplar is stupid strong it's one of the main reasons i feel solo play is dying. magplars are in every fight. They are impossible to kill And they make everyone else impossible to kill as well.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I hope this was a joke?

?

If you are fighting a group and there is one competent magplar it doesn't matter if you use dots or if you have insanely high burst. The Templar will keep every member of their group alive. Magplar is stupid strong it's one of the main reasons i feel solo play is dying. magplars are in every fight. They are impossible to kill And they make everyone else impossible to kill as well.

I don't think its that bad, if you are on a bursty class, burst down the healer, kill the scrubs. Its just generally that dots in eso are UP outside of duels.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I hope this was a joke?

?

So you basically want templars and nightblades get trashed in duels because you are unable to break cloak (with a mag dk lol...)?
    Every post I see from you is like nerf sorcs, nerf nightblades or buff magdk, it's getting boring because you downplay the strength of magdks in such a ridiculous way that it's not even funny anymore (for example rating shields stronger than block + healing synergie with sword an board or rating mag dk sustain as the worst sustain in the game).

Edit: Would have never thought that I would defend cloak mechanic one day >.<

How about a button that stops all direct damage whilst active? Is that fair. Nope.

Also. I want a nerf to shields (Not sorcs, buff streak) AND to permablock. (What a buff to DK amirite) Generally a lower TTK. If you want to twist what I am saying, go ahead.

Shields have less counters, but as I mentioned, the block aspect is stronger. And DKs do have the worst sustain. By a good bit too. Watch gilliams video. Downplaying DKs strengths. OK, ask kodi or sypher. (when he plays) Also, where in there did I say nerf templar. The worst nerfed class as is? Oh wait. I didn't.

I quote: "This isn't a nerf NB comment either. They are by far the best balanced class. I'd even make cloak a little more flexible. (Have it take 2 ticks from stationary GBAoEs like caltrops etc to break) It just doesn't make sense completely ignoring them whilst in it." More than a fair deal, cloak becomes a STEALTH device rather than a temp immortality.

Psst, this I have also played a dot based stamsorc, but thankfully on that I had hurricane to reveal, even then still it was an issue because if I got them low, they could run and heal all whilst hidden. And reasons like these are why dots builds are so rare. Unlike you, I'd like balance.

Tell me why I am wrong. :*

You can't compare dots with direct dmg, dots are much more costefficient, if there aren't counters to dots then dots would become a must have (also some dots apply by not spending any ressources at all).

What is overpowered on shields beside shieldstacking with Harness? Without Harness magicka I think we can agree that magsorc is in a rather weak spot compared to the other magicka classes.

Worst sustain? You get double sustain by battleroar which equals around 4500 magicka and stamina around every 30 seconds, with no ultgen modifiers at all and you have this as a passive, so no need to slot a sustain ability on your bar. The sustain is weaker if you ignore the part there you get also ressources for your off stat.

I don't think cloak is good balanced and would like to see it reworked but for other reasons than surpressing dots, dots still need counterplay in my opinion.

Great... I've also played a duel build with bleed stacking on my heavy armor nb there one bleed tick critted for over 3k, and now? How is that balanced without any counter against it at all? Nobody complained about bleeds, because people didn't realize that it actually was the bleed who killed people (they blamed Incap instead).

Don't know why you bring Kodi and Sypher in here but I doubt that anyone of them rates magdk as weak in battlegrounds (and duels) :p Magdk isn't that great in open world, so here is the deal: Give them a spec which is good in open world but make that spec less dominant in battlegrounds and duels. No spec is good at everything all at once (and shouldn't be).
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.