The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

FPS seems improved

AngryOldMan
AngryOldMan
✭✭✭✭
So i have noticed that my FPS in Cyro has gone up since last update. During heavy fights it could drop to about 10 FPS before, now i havent been under 25 even during heavy fights. Now i usually have around 50-75 FPS in Cyro, used to be 40-60(during easy loads/no battles). Has anyone else noticed a difference? I am very glad for the improvement im experiencing
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My framerate has improved greatly. It feels like it's almost back to it was during 2.1. For me, 2.2 and 2.3 introduced major performance issues.

But despite the improvement, I believe the FPS drop bug may still be present.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly the lag is still present.

Also they seem to have introduced some odd behaviour where skills and dmg get a delayed display on the client - i´ve seen people drop dead and only 2s after the dmg from frags + fury actually registered.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems slightly better indeed :)
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    loading screens in general are much shorter for me.

as to the rest..... not so sure about that yet
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's one side of the coin, it still ensues for the other half
    Edited by Mojmir on October 28, 2017 8:14AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stabilized for sure. But, the lag is awful still. Guards frags still cc and the scroll quests are still bugged. Would like to see scroll quests fixed at least.
    Edited by Vapirko on October 28, 2017 8:17AM
  • crusnik91
    crusnik91
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it has improved because everyone is farming for new gear and 2x exp event is still there. I will wait until cyro is more populated then I will judge it
    YT channel(Guides/Builds/gameplay)
    ~ Crescent Jayren Gaming ~

Glorious EP
    Jayren - V16 MagBlade AR30
    Crescent J'renz - V16 StamBlade AR46
    Crescent Lucrecia - V16 MagSorc AR32
    Courageous DC
    Crescent Sephiroth - V16 StamDK AR50
    Crescent Singu-rarity - V16 MagTemplar AR33
    Relentless AD
    Crescent the Tiny - V16 StamSorc AR10
    Crescent-The-Huge-One - V16 MagWarden AR18
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds promising, but aye lots of variables..
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Eirella
    Eirella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What, its gotten worse for me! :/
    (PC/NA) - | @Eirella - formerly @jinxgames | CP 1000+ | Mainly PvPer (EP) | Haxus
    /uninstalled
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Performance is still unacceptably low and now I lose sound when more than 3 people are on my screen.
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah you don't realize how much sound matters until you don't have it.
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Framerate seems to be slightly improved but has introduced an inconsistent frame time, dropping frames and stuttering
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yesterday in big fights, I lost sound AND could not use skills. At those times, some group-mates disconnected. Also had long loading screens during that time.

Frame rate during the fight was okay. I couldn't use skills, but it wasn't a slideshow. :|
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FPS is better for me but sadly, the server lag has not changed ...
    sad2.gif
  • DarkAedin
    DarkAedin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fri night pvp:

-got through 15min que

-Got into fight. Cannot swap bars, moved a bit away and still unable to bar swap. Died.

-Ran back to fight. Same thing, couldnt bar swap.

-Logged off
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    Do people accept miats pvp alerts now? We do pvp with out sound so visual indicators seems needed.
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i actually didnt get weird stuttering after ports like so many other people until after this update. My frames are dipping lower than usual
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can detect an increase in game smoothness is decently large battles around Bleakers for example. I haven't tried yet during super mega prime time pop-lock campaign time.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For the whole time when Morrowind launched the lag was so low that I could really say it was fine. With the launch of HotR the lag came back to PC EU which made it almost impossible playing at Primetime if you didn't follow a zerg.
    And now I'm sitting at 60 fps in huge zerg fights but i can't play the game because it is so laggy. Normally latency between 50-130 was normal for me with CWC I'm happy if i reach 300 for 5 seconds.
    The lag is as worse as it was when they added the Anti bot code. You can attack an enemy, run through a whole keep, come back to the enemy and then your damage will be noticed.

Meele skills are impossible to land your charakter consumes resources but the attack simply doesn't go off because the enemy's location isn't where he's on your Client.

@ZOS_GinaBruno please fix the lag cyro is unplayable right now, no matter how much fps i have if the lag is this bad you still can't play the game.
    Lag wasn't an issue please give us lag free cyro back
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Never really had frame issues since the FPS drop patch 2years ago. Problem nowadays is the ping and the sound bug. Had to quit this last sunday evening EST at primetime because my ping was at 350-400ms for over 45mins straight with sound cutting off everytime I would see more than 20 players on the screen.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug