Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How Can NB Cloak While Being Soul Assaulted?

Vapirko
Vapirko
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So I’ve seen this happening a few times in recent weeks. A handful of times when I was using Soul Assualt and again today when a fellow team member was using it. The NB is actively being soul assaulted and they cloak out of it. Soul assualt is suppose to prevent cloak? Now I understand you can purge some effect of SA, but does this work while you’re being soul assaulted? Anytime I’ve tried to cloak while being soul assaulted it straight up doesn’t work. So I’m asking from both sides of the fence, to learn to use and deal with it more effectively.

Best Answer

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    BohnT wrote: »
    1. Shame on you for using soul assault
    2. you can cloak after 2 seconds just like the tooltip says.

Yeah thanks mate, but you didn't understand/answer my question. The NB cloaked during soul assault, not after. I have no shame for using soul assault lol, although Ive since switched to ice comet. Was just crutching on it while learning magtemp or backbar it for those pesky unkillable tanks.

Soul assault is a 3+ second channel and only prevents cloak the first 2 seconds
    Answer ✓
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah thanks mate, but you didn't understand/answer my question. The NB cloaked during soul assault, not after. I have no shame for using soul assault lol, although Ive since switched to ice comet. Was just crutching on it while learning magtemp or backbar it for those pesky unkillable tanks.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vapirko , @BohnT is correct

Re-read the tolltip.

Soul Assault is 3.5 seconds, you can't cloak for 2, so part way thru you can.

It doesn't say for 2 seconds AFTER soul assault ENDS as you are assuming
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭
    Shame on you for wanting it all and upset about a weak counter lol.

Yes you can cloak it.

Hold block, hit vigor, spam cloak, drink a tri pot. . That is the prescription.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can avoid a good part of soulassaults dmg that way aswell - it has a short windup animation and 3.4s channeltime.
    The windup animation is considered part fo soulassaulting aswell which means it´s part of the 2s cloak prevention making cloak the best counter to it in the game as you can cancel it at about 40% of total dmg done.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    More importantly. Why does it suppress on target dots? If you can heal in it, you should take on target dot damage in it. (Without being revealed.)
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    More importantly. Why does it suppress on target dots? If you can heal in it, you should take on target dot damage in it. (Without being revealed.)

Maybe cloak does suppress dots because nightlbades need a way to counter dot/bleed builds?
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nerf cloak now, make it health based and a kamikaze job!

Kill all NB!
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe cloak does suppress dots because nightlbades need a way to counter dot/bleed builds?

If it didn't, it would literally be one of the worst abilities in game
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Vapirko wrote: »

Soul assault is a 3+ second channel and only prevents cloak the first 2 seconds

Okayyy got it, I assumed it was as additional 2 seconds but then I guess it would say that. I guess since its a dot and dots continue in cloak it seemed odd and kind of counterintuitive since cloack is not a purge or maybe they count it as a los break? Additionally I always felt that trying to cloak during SA I was immediately pulled out again but I guess my timing was off.
    Azurya wrote: »
    nerf cloak now, make it health based and a kamikaze job!

Kill all NB!

lol nowhere do I say nerf NBs, I regularly play one.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Healing? Dots are the least scary thing in PvP due to purges and low dmg. Sorcs, DKs or wardens can't reliably keep them off either. Its unnecessary with what it provides.

If it didn't, it would literally be one of the worst abilities in game

???

No. It wouldn't. Invisibility, becoming untargetable, and stopping direct+channeled damage. Whilst being able to cast inside it. Also protection or guaranteed critical. Far from useless.

This isn't a nerf NB comment either. They are by far the best balanced class. I'd even make cloak a little more flexible. (Have it take 2 stationary GBAoEs like caltrops etc to break) It just doesn't make sense completely ignoring them whilst in it.

Does it pause the DoT timer so it has to tick unless purged. Cause if not that is even more unfair.
    Edited by ak_pvp on October 30, 2017 9:27AM
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know if you are a nb and you mark another nb and can still see them when they use cloak will soul assault still damage them when they try to cloak away never tried it JW lol
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dots are the least scary thing in PvP due to purges and low dmg.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA i´m dying. Lethal lol dot.

I hope this was a joke?
    <Noricum>

• ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

I hope this was a joke?

?

When do you hear: "Oh no darn that viper dot really got me." "Oh no. I got dotted to death." "Not the stamNB dot ganker noooo." That stamwardens dot combo just wiped the whole group.

Sure the niche stamsorc build is cute. But if you are 1vXing, and/or there is a templar. Say bye to dots. Also earthgore. Or cloak. The dots which you spent time applying go byebye.
    Best houseknight EU.
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope this was a joke?

?

When do you hear: "Oh no darn that viper dot really got me." "Oh no. I got dotted to death." "Not the stamNB dot ganker noooo." That stamwardens dot combo just wiped the whole group.

Sure the niche stamsorc build is cute. But if you are 1vXing, and/or there is a templar. Say bye to dots. Also earthgore. Or cloak. The dots which you spent time applying go byebye.

Not saying DoT's are OP or anything.

But the answer to your question is; Because people are clueless and think that you can use the original "Deathrecap" to determine what ACTUALLY caused you to die.

No one is saying "Oh no darn that viper dot really got me.", because they do not FEEL that it killed them. It is the same with all DoT's in the game, and the way they work on your mind. Try go fight a Magicka DK. His largest damage output is Burning Embers. No Discussion. But stil, no one will ever say "oh no, that Embers DoT got me". But in fact that Embers Burn DID get you. Because that DoT, along with one or two others maybe, was the only reason that you were at 40% health, when you got Fossilized and dual-whipped for the rest of your health. But in this case, people will blaim Fossilize and Whip. Because those were the things that, to the receivers eyes and feelings, were the skills that killed him. But in fact, he got killed by the DoTs.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I hope this was a joke?

?

DoTs (and other undodgeable dmg) are what kills medium armor builds. There is only so much Vigor can outheal (and it isn't much, especially on stam NB with zero +healing modifiers).
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

I hope this was a joke?

?

DoTs (and other undodgeable dmg) are what kills medium armor builds. There is only so much Vigor can outheal (and it isn't much, especially on stam NB with zero +healing modifiers).

Imo dots are what kills everything in duels. Especially for stam builds.
    <Noricum>

• DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

I hope this was a joke?

?

Imo dots are what kills everything in duels. Especially for stam builds.

Well, you can atleast hope to survive against them with dmg shields or heavy armor mitigation (bleeds being an exception tho) - on medium it's just a ticking clock though even with insane amounts of weapon dmg (for big vigor ticks) & 7 impen.

But I won't bother complaining much about them as long as I can instagib people with a cloak combo on my stamblade, I'll just refrain from dueling S&B magicka DKs.
    Edited by DDuke on October 30, 2017 1:02PM
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

Re-read the tolltip.

tooltip says"enemies affected by this ability," so technically there should be a running 2 sec reveal for the whole channel but wouldn't be the first time ZO$ created confusing ability lol
    Edited by Zaldan on October 30, 2017 1:07PM
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zaldan wrote: »
    Beardimus wrote: »

Re-read the tolltip.

tooltip says"enemies affected by this ability," so technically there should be a running 2 sec reveal for the whole channel but wouldn't be the first time ZO$ created confusing ability lol

thanks, this is how it sounded to me
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It suppresses DoTs because DoT ticks would pull your from stealth if not, that's the only reason I can see
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It suppresses DoTs because DoT ticks would pull your from stealth if not, that's the only reason I can see

This. This is why I said it would be stupid if it didn't suppress the dots
    Edited by Waffennacht on October 30, 2017 7:47PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    Anyone know if you are a nb and you mark another nb and can still see them when they use cloak will soul assault still damage them when they try to cloak away never tried it JW lol

This does anyone know lol
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You'll continue to soul Assault them I assume, no different than a detect pot
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah. But i think (idk, it seemed to me a few times) that an invis pot will break LOS just enough to break soul assault even if marked. Not positive on that
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This. This is why I said it would be stupid if it didn't suppress the dots

I said it shouldn't reveal you though. It should be that hard to change. Sort of like how oblivion gets through shields without breaking them. But then again, its cloak we are talking about. Which is buggy even to this day.
    Edited by ak_pvp on October 31, 2017 8:27AM
    Best houseknight EU.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »

I hope this was a joke?

?

But the answer to your question is; Because people are clueless and think that you can use the original "Deathrecap" to determine what ACTUALLY caused you to die.

No one is saying "Oh no darn that viper dot really got me.", because they do not FEEL that it killed them. It is the same with all DoT's in the game, and the way they work on your mind. Try go fight a Magicka DK. His largest damage output is Burning Embers. No Discussion. But stil, no one will ever say "oh no, that Embers DoT got me". But in fact that Embers Burn DID get you. Because that DoT, along with one or two others maybe, was the only reason that you were at 40% health, when you got Fossilized and dual-whipped for the rest of your health. But in this case, people will blaim Fossilize and Whip. Because those were the things that, to the receivers eyes and feelings, were the skills that killed him. But in fact, he got killed by the DoTs.

Duels are a little different. Duels you have one focus, and one incomming damage. You can keep dots up without much threat of them being purged by a healer. (Unless you are dueling templar then gg.)

I main mdk, and have played against many. The dots themselves don't really hurt especially if you are playing meta v meta in heavy. DOTs tick for like 2/300 each. The reason they are used more is for skoria, healing or a passive buff. The only class that can really get me with their dots are stamsorcs.

Which brings me to my second part. They aren't awful for pressure in 1v1s but unsustainable in higher fights due to everyone and their mother purging/suppressing. Which is why I say they shouldn't be suppressed.
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »

I hope this was a joke?

?

Duels are a little different. Duels you have one focus, and one incomming damage. You can keep dots up without much threat of them being purged by a healer. (Unless you are dueling templar then gg.)

I main mdk, and have played against many. The dots themselves don't really hurt especially if you are playing meta v meta in heavy. DOTs tick for like 2/300 each. The reason they are used more is for skoria, healing or a passive buff. The only class that can really get me with their dots are stamsorcs.

Which brings me to my second part. They aren't awful for pressure in 1v1s but unsustainable in higher fights due to everyone and their mother purging/suppressing. Which is why I say they shouldn't be suppressed.

So you basically want templars and nightblades get trashed in duels because you are unable to break cloak (with a mag dk lol...)?
    Every post I see from you is like nerf sorcs, nerf nightblades or buff magdk, it's getting boring because you downplay the strength of magdks in such a ridiculous way that it's not even funny anymore (for example rating shields stronger than block + healing synergie with sword an board or rating mag dk sustain as the worst sustain in the game).

Edit: Would have never thought that I would defend cloak mechanic one day >.<
    Edited by Ragnaroek93 on October 31, 2017 9:52AM
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.