The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How I Would Fix PvP, How would you?

• jhharvest
    jhharvest
    ✭✭✭
    Malibulove wrote: »
    Have more creative campaigns:

30 Day No Doors, No Siege.

7 day No CP with all Keep, Scroll, and Emp bonuses doubled as negative penalties.

24 hour Bonus Keeps (Brindle/Dragon/Drake worth x30 score; but only if they're not a home keep.)

The campaign structure actually lends itself pretty well to allowing different game modes (not necessarily my terrible comedy ideas) but for whatever reason ZOS has decided not to innovate or alter Campaign rules in over 3 years. I mean they changed all the campaigns to no CP for that pre-Morrowind double AP event, so we know it's possible they could alter camps with different setups if they desired.
    I really like your ideas!

This is how I would fix Cyro:
    If you have one character at CP160, you can start a new character automatically on level 15 with horse upgrades, lorebooks, fighters guild progress and skill morphs levelled (but not unlocked). Kyne is the best PVP going at the moment but those 15 first levels and grinding the damn lorebooks on every mag character, that's so not cool.

I would also remove end of campaign rewards for your faction winning the campaign. Personal performance rewards only. Underdogs faction players should get increased AP. IC players are no longer counted in population numbers.
    l
    Also, out of personal spite: Nightblade Cloak now costs 75% more every time it's cast within 10 seconds. Lingering Flare duration increased to 45 seconds. ;)
    Edited by jhharvest on October 25, 2017 9:51AM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Delete PVP. Fixed.
  • Lord Xanhorn
    Lord Xanhorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I went into a no CP <50 campaign for the first time in years and there was a sorc level 29 and was unkillable. He had 5 guys all beating on him and he was just unkillable. That is incredibly fun for him but zero fun for the 5.

Fix this sort of thing and you can start the recovery of PVP in this game. I essentially gave up on PVP again after this. Its just dumb.
    I'm kind of a small deal!
  • jhharvest
    jhharvest
    ✭✭✭
    I went into a no CP <50 campaign for the first time in years and there was a sorc level 29 and was unkillable. He had 5 guys all beating on him and he was just unkillable. That is incredibly fun for him but zero fun for the 5.
    Because of shield stacking or something else? People suggested to ZOS that shield stacking should be removed. What ZOS did was make shields stronger (light armour skill now also blocks physical) but shorter in duration. You could technically run shield breaker to counter them but in low rank who's going to pay for shield breaker that's only good for a week before you hopelessly outlevel it.

I main a sorc. I use healing ward but no other shields. I'm not good but I have fun. I'm finding it harder to play my lowbie stamplar, since even with conspicuous poison and plenty of AOE, NBs just hit cloak and disengage whenever they want, unless I get lucky. My sorc mostly suffers from people in heavy armour, i.e. I don't have enough burst to kill them, not enough sustain to wear them down. But as I said, I'm not a good player so other sorcs will probably do better.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odd thread, disagree with the suggestions. And if you have played that long OP and have that much CP I'm surprised you haven't learnt to counter Sorcs.

Triple shield stack went out with Morrison's for most, and everyone has access to two wards.....

Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP