The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Linking ESO To Steam And ESO Plus

Snowflakey
Snowflakey
✭✭✭
Hello dear ESO community :)
I already have ESO on PC, but might decide to buy it on steam. My question is that if I buy ESO on steam and link it to my current non-steam account, will I be able to:
A ) Log on my first (and non-steam) account's characters by opening the game on steam?
B ) Buy ESO Plus from steam and have the benefits on my first account? (As in, I buy ESO Plus on my new steam account, and have all the benefits (DLCs, monthly crowns, etc.) on my main account's characters)
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Edited by Snowflakey on November 6, 2017 9:41AM

Best Answer

• IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Snowflakey wrote: »
    Hello dear ESO community :)
    I already have ESO on PC, but might decide to buy it on steam. My question is that if I buy ESO on steam and link it to my current non-steam account, will I be able to:
    A) Log on my first (and non-steam) account's characters by opening the game on steam?
    B) Buy ESO Plus from steam and have the benefits on my first account? (As in, I buy ESO Plus on my new steam account, and have all the benefits (DLCs, monthly crowns, etc.) on my main account's characters)
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You can't link the two accounts together. They will always be separate accounts.

After you have purchased steam copy, however, you can install the launch client through steam and then update and install the game via launcher, then at the log in screen, you can log in to either account.

If you want ESO plus on your original account, you will need to add your payment info on account.elderscrollsonline.com and set up ESO plus. Anything you buy on Steam will only apply to the Steam account, not your original account.
    Answer ✓
  • Snowflakey
    Snowflakey
    ✭✭✭
    Just to made it clear for anyone else who has this issue in the future, when you link an existing ESO account to a steam account, you'll be able to log in with your existing ESO account's characters with no problem. On top of that, if you then proceed to buy ESO Plus from steam, your existing ESO account's characters will benefit from all the perks. I'm presuming if you buy expansions from steam, your existing account will also benefit from those.
    Of course, it's worth noting that you'll need to buy ESO from steam first to link your account to steam, even if you already have non-steam ESO.
    Edited by Snowflakey on November 6, 2017 9:41AM