The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

differences between houses

sawyerpavel
I want to know about the differences between houses - AMAYA Lake Lodge and Ald Velothi Harbor House. Whether it is necessary to save 1 300 000 coins for AMAYA Lake Lodge or Ald Velothi Harbor House has the same restrictions on the number of objects inside (mounts, servants, tables and decorations) or difference only in the size of the garden plot and the area of the house?

Best Answers

• Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ald Velothi is a medium house and has a cap of 200 Furnishings, 10 Collectibles and 3 Special Collectibles
    Amaya Lake is a large house and has a cap of 300 Furnishings, 20 Collectibles and 4 Special Collectibles.

Those numbers are doubled if you have an active ESO+ Subscription.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
    Answer ✓
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still think it is VERY wrong of ZOS not to include the player and item cap in the description of a house when you go to preview it. There's no reason why they cannot list/disclose this information for both subs and non-subs. If anything, showing both item limits might encourage more players to consider subbing and further supporting the game. NOT having that information in the description itself is downright shady IMO.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Answer ✓
  • sawyerpavel
    Thank you very much
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you’re new to homestead, a medium house might make more sense so you can see if you like it. But both of those are really good houses...they have nice outdoor areas and pretty good interiors.

One other distinction...more expensive homes tend to get more air clearance. Homes have an invisible “roof” that limits how far up your character can go. I’ve never tested those homes...but as an example, the home in south bankorai has the roof set right at the roof of the house, so that you can’t actually even go up on the roof to build a patio setup. The roof for the reapers March house is about...oh...another 30 feet above the tip of the home’s roof. My Grand Topal Island has a roof like 18 stories in the air...waaaaaaay up.

If you want to build comtraptions or ramps or stuff, bigger homes let you go higher.
  • Trepis26
    Trepis26
    davey1107 wrote: »
    If you’re new to homestead, a medium house might make more sense so you can see if you like it. But both of those are really good houses...they have nice outdoor areas and pretty good interiors.

One other distinction...more expensive homes tend to get more air clearance. Homes have an invisible “roof” that limits how far up your character can go. I’ve never tested those homes...but as an example, the home in south bankorai has the roof set right at the roof of the house, so that you can’t actually even go up on the roof to build a patio setup. The roof for the reapers March house is about...oh...another 30 feet above the tip of the home’s roof. My Grand Topal Island has a roof like 18 stories in the air...waaaaaaay up.

If you want to build comtraptions or ramps or stuff, bigger homes let you go higher.

Thank you , this is a good tip and I had no idea about these invisible roof's
    take care