The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Isnt there usually a crown sale with every new dlc??

Bigevilpeter
Bigevilpeter
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Where is it this time?
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope so!!
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Qyrk
    Qyrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not usually. It's not expected for every DLC
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black Friday is the next likely date. But it would be the first sale with the new larger crown bundles so it's uncertain how the discounts may be changed going forward.
    signing off
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Changes every year....lets see what happens after the week of Nov 7th
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No? That's never been the case.

There's been usually two sales, one in March-April, and one around the end of November. Any sync-up of the time of the sale with release of DLC has been purely coincidental.

As others have said, the next sale will be Black Friday. This has happened enough times that it is very likely.

They'll also be running a special bundle for Black Fredas.

gp_crwn_bundle_blackfridaybundle2017_1x1.jpg

That makes the likelihood of a crown sale more likely.
    PC-NA Goat
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Phage wrote: »

There's been usually two sales, one in March-April, and one around the end of November. Any sync-up of the time of the sale with release of DLC has been purely coincidental.

As others have said, the next sale will be Black Friday. This has happened enough times that it is very likely.

Actually as far as I recall since 2015 every single dlc release had a crown sale along with it, I know I buy the DLCs on that discount
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phage wrote: »

Actually as far as I recall since 2015 every single dlc release had a crown sale along with it, I know I buy the DLCs on that discount

I also buy DLCs on discount, and this isn't the case. The last 3 sales had nothing to do with DLC.
    PC-NA Goat
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just be patient man. The next sale will be in here in less than a month.
    PC-NA Goat
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nope, not sure where you got that idea from. Some may have been close to a DLC release but I don't ever recall seeing these Crown sales with every DLC release.

Crown sales are a few times a year. This year was April (or maybe late March, I forget but usually expect in the spring), end of August and the next will likely be for Black Friday (Nov.24).
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BloodWolfe wrote: »
    Nope, not sure where you got that idea from. Some may have been close to a DLC release but I don't ever recall seeing these Crown sales with every DLC release.

Crown sales are a few times a year. This year was April (or maybe late March, I forget but usually expect in the spring), end of August and the next will likely be for Black Friday (Nov.24).

Sometimes they call it a special event sale but it always coincides with new dlc even when there was no special event. I bought all the dlc with that crown sale so I know
  • BloodWolfe
    BloodWolfe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes they call it a special event sale but it always coincides with new dlc even when there was no special event. I bought all the dlc with that crown sale so I know

Unless it happened back in 2015 and early 2016 with the first 2-4 DLC releases I have never seen a sale with every single DLC launch, if even all of those ones. The odd sale has coincided with (or close too) a DLC's release but it's not every single DLC release.

You also mentioned above in a previous post "as far as you recall", so not trying to sound rude but that means you don't remember 100% and just think that's how it was. It definitely has not been with every single DLC release and you can see others have said this same thing but may have coincided with some of them.

Anyway, not trying to argue but don't worry because in approximately 4 weeks we will see the next sale for Black Friday. I will be very surprised if they don't do a Crown pack sale for Black Friday.