Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

CTR Animation

del9
del9
✭✭✭✭
The pickup animation is ruining CTR matches. @ZoS make it uninterruptible or shorten the cast time to a fraction. In the case of capping an enemy's relic who has another relic waiting at their base, there is now no defense against the instant recap. Used to be you could run over or camp the relic spawn. Now I wont bother chasing my relic, just play it safe and wait for an easy, boring capture. Or camp defensively and permatank+bash.

If the dev's intention was to slow the pace of CTR a bit - don't worry, adding CP has accomplished that. If there must be an interruptable animation to pick up, there should be the same to capture. But really, just do away with it or make it uninterruptable. Try to salvage what fun we can from CTR ( I'll also settle for deleting CP)
PCNA

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup. Once they get your relic there is no counter.

I really miss snaring the relic runner and speeding past them to grab their relic and prevent the cap. It was great because it then forced a fight, which was always fun because you knew that whoever won would get a cap.

Now it’s just tanks on defense spamming bash on tanks on offense
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with this but they still need to make it so you can't get major/minor expedition or immov
    Edited by Mihael on October 24, 2017 5:28PM
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually like the changes, and the only "issue" with it that I see is how overpowered perma-blocking is (which isn't just an issue in CTR, obviously). Having someone on defense actually matters a lot more now, since the opposing team(s) can't just super speed in and out, or block-walk into the flag in order to pick it up. Now you'll actually need to defeat, distract, or CC the defenders in order to get the flag, and I think that's a good thing.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mihael wrote: »
    I agree with this but they still need to make it so you can't get major/minor expedition or immov

Only if you can't get snared/root spammed
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally think the change is brilliant, it was a joke poping immovable pot and running back and forth... this makes defending viable. I do however think scoring might need a short channel too though, as its pretty much impossible to save the day now. But generally good change
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blobsky wrote: »
    I personally think the change is brilliant, it was a joke poping immovable pot and running back and forth... this makes defending viable. I do however think scoring might need a short channel too though, as its pretty much impossible to save the day now. But generally good change

It is a terrible change. You can bash people indefinitely. Now the only way to win against a good team is if they mess up, or if you use an animation glitch to make it so they cant see you (hide a small char inside a big char) and therefore can't bash you.

I'll bash people for 2-3 minutes. Then if i miss one due to lag or just misclicking, they pick the flag up, and voila, because they're an unkillable tank it's an instant score. Meanwhile my team is doing the same thing.

I don't want to stand around in a circle hitting the bash button against other players for minutes on end, only for a match to time out...

I do not queue for BGs anymore, and i used to be almost exclusively a BG player. Even deathmatch just isn't fun with all these unkillable builds and all these glass cannon stealther builds running around trying to steal kills.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

It is a terrible change. You can bash people indefinitely. Now the only way to win against a good team is if they mess up, or if you use an animation glitch to make it so they cant see you (hide a small char inside a big char) and therefore can't bash you.

I'll bash people for 2-3 minutes. Then if i miss one due to lag or just misclicking, they pick the flag up, and voila, because they're an unkillable tank it's an instant score. Meanwhile my team is doing the same thing.

I don't want to stand around in a circle hitting the bash button against other players for minutes on end, only for a match to time out...

I do not queue for BGs anymore, and i used to be almost exclusively a BG player. Even deathmatch just isn't fun with all these unkillable builds and all these glass cannon stealther builds running around trying to steal kills.
    Like I said above, the issue here isn't the change to CTR, it's the combat balance of the game being - to be frank - downright awful. Properly built damage specs can blow me up in a few seconds, and I can do the same to many of them (not block heavy DKs or shield spamming Sorcs, but most everyone else). Then there's a barren middle ground of mixed offensive/defensive power that almost doesn't exist in the game, until we get to the other end of the spectrum, where there are perma-blockers that I hit for like 800 damage.

Reverting the change to CTR would do absolutely nothing to improve the game's combat, and would simply bring back the people that use speed gear, dodge roll spam, immovability potions, and reflects in order to cap flags with ridiculous speed. Prior to this most recent patch, defense was - generally speaking - utterly pointless...especially for Magicka builds.

If the combat balance was better, I think most people would really like this change to CTR.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the new mechanic because it makes defending more practical, but the cast time is too long for sure.

Also I agree it would be better if there could be a way to cockblock a cap like you could before. I definitely don't like how once the enemy gets your relic there is nothing you can do to prevent a score.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »

Like I said above, the issue here isn't the change to CTR, it's the combat balance of the game being - to be frank - downright awful. Properly built damage specs can blow me up in a few seconds, and I can do the same to many of them (not block heavy DKs or shield spamming Sorcs, but most everyone else). Then there's a barren middle ground of mixed offensive/defensive power that almost doesn't exist in the game, until we get to the other end of the spectrum, where there are perma-blockers that I hit for like 800 damage.

Reverting the change to CTR would do absolutely nothing to improve the game's combat, and would simply bring back the people that use speed gear, dodge roll spam, immovability potions, and reflects in order to cap flags with ridiculous speed. Prior to this most recent patch, defense was - generally speaking - utterly pointless...especially for Magicka builds.

If the combat balance was better, I think most people would really like this change to CTR.

Make the animation unbashable but last 5s. They cant block while the animation is in effect and that would stay that way. That's enough time for a good DPS defense player to drop someone.

• Johnfred24
    Johnfred24
    ✭✭✭

Simple solution, make immovable pots not work when you have the relic. Same with speed buffs.

If they want the pick up animation to stay, then they should make it uninterruptible so tank builds with no damage that are almost impossible to kill can't just guard the relic by spamming bash and staying alive.

Also remove CP obviously
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just kill the defence... this is pvp not pvrunaround. No matter how tanky a guy is, good teamwork or solo damage is goodbye defence
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
  • Pastas
    Pastas
    ✭✭✭
    del9 wrote: »
    The pickup animation is ruining CTR matches. @ZoS make it uninterruptible or shorten the cast time to a fraction. In the case of capping an enemy's relic who has another relic waiting at their base, there is now no defense against the instant recap. Used to be you could run over or camp the relic spawn. Now I wont bother chasing my relic, just play it safe and wait for an easy, boring capture. Or camp defensively and permatank+bash.

If the dev's intention was to slow the pace of CTR a bit - don't worry, adding CP has accomplished that. If there must be an interruptable animation to pick up, there should be the same to capture. But really, just do away with it or make it uninterruptable. Try to salvage what fun we can from CTR ( I'll also settle for deleting CP)

I really like this change. It makes CTR more tactical, and makes combat more relevant in this mode.
    No more esasy mode Coward+immo sprinters :)
    WARNING
    This post may Include horrible gramatical and orthographic errors
    Read on your own risk
    AD
    Dar'foo Stamblade Zorg-gro-Wurf DK tank Far-Datxo Templar healer Valmir Spellius Magsorc
    Randolf Omberic Magblade Felien Golas Magdk Faenor Oakwood Stamplar Sader Dustorm Stamsorc
    EP
    Do'Ragash Stamdk Caius Grachus Stamden Dalyne Narus Magplar
    DC
    Melkar Spellius Magden
    PC EU
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This.
    Not being able to stop the enemy from turning in a relic is a valid concern, but being bashed over and over instead of fighting it out comes down to combat balance with CP.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just kill the defence... this is pvp not pvrunaround. No matter how tanky a guy is, good teamwork or solo damage is goodbye defence

That’d be great if his team’s spawn point wasn’t directly behind him.

• ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That’d be great if his team’s spawn point wasn’t directly behind him.

Spawn timers are another silly mechanic. You can only hope you kill people just after the last respawn. x)
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU