Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Will Trials / vDSA ever be added to Group Finder?

Troneon
Troneon
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Seems annoying that getting groups for example vDSA takes such a long time most players give up waiting, log off and go play a game they do not have to waste an hour just to get a group together. You can spam chats in guilds, zone etc and still wait forever to just get 4 players to do vDSA....

Any chance these will be added to group finder?

So many times I log in...try to get groups started only to give up an hour later and go play another game.
PC EU AD
Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • Ladislao
    Ladislao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, this will not happen.
    Everything is viable
  • SammyFable
    SammyFable
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's Dungeon FInder, not Trial Finder.
    Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Tick Tock Terrorist Tormentor
    Immortal Memer
    Gryphon Heart
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SammyFable wrote: »

MMO's do have raid finders, FF14, WoW, Swtor
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see DSA added as an option. It is VERY difficult to find 4 people willing to run it with me.
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    I would love to see DSA added as an option. It is VERY difficult to find 4 people willing to run it with me.
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »

This ^^

Edited by Troneon on October 26, 2017 4:54PM
    PC EU AD
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting groups for trials and especially DSA doesn't long. That's what guilds and friends lists are for. If your not using them for the purpose stated your doing it wrong.

if your not finding luck with your current guilds either your not participating with them normally or your in the wrong guild unless you have a rep for dying a lot. Especially if the trial or DSA is the current weekly.

While I'd have no issues with the normal versions being in GF even though I am aware of the train wreck they'd be I certainly wouldn't join them since most would be a waste of time. tyey would be one great fodder for entertaining threads in the forums by players who think their good complaining about others.

Tgoss other games you speak of have very vanilla mechanics and I've only seen the least challenging versions in their GF.
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »

I can say some of them do but. If their equivent of vet difficulty. Only the normal.
    Edited by idk on October 26, 2017 5:12PM
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Even with guilds, zone chats etc etc, no one seems interested in DSA anymore. Only healers usually.

3 days of logging in, trying to get a group together, giving up after 30-60 mins....trying again later...and same again...

Shame ZOS can't learn from other games and their end game content.

Edited by Troneon on October 28, 2017 9:57AM
    PC EU AD
  • Zagnut123Zagnut123
    Zagnut123Zagnut123
    ✭✭✭✭
    Troneon wrote: »
    Even with guilds, zone chats etc etc, no one seems interested in DSA anymore. Only healers usually.

3 days of logging in, trying to get a group together, giving up after 30-60 mins....trying again later...and same again...

Shame ZOS can't learn from other games and their end game content.

Have u ever ran a random vet or a zone chat pug run. Now consider the fact that the only ppl the would ever que for a random trial are ppl that are so bad they make the run toxic for others and thus aren't candidates for raiding guilds. And now think of how many new ppl would be turned away because of that nonsence.

This is definitely not a good idea unless you don't care about completing the trial.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone who has ever done a veteran Trial and a veteran Dragonstar arena should know, that a group finder for those things would be a horrible horrible HORRIBLE idea.
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok then lets just accept DSA is dead like it was for years when they didn't update from VR14 for like ages....even now they finally have updated Craglorn...

No one bothers to run it...
    Edited by Troneon on October 28, 2017 11:58AM
    PC EU AD
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ok then lets just accept DSA is dead like it was for years when they didn't update from VR14 for like ages....even now they finally have updated Craglorn...

Cause its not super easy for everyone and for groups that are not that good at it it can take HOURS. Its also very repetitive and loses its charm fast. Most people run that place for the Master Bow and Master Resto staff but little else.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's not dead. Multiple of my friends / guild mates run it on a regular basis. Especially when you have not enough or too many people available for a trial, a dsa run is a nice alternative.

However I can see it's harder to find a group for it, when you are not part of a guild that does these kind of activities. But I don't think adding it to the current group finder will help much.
    Sure, back in the early days when we had a trial group finder, it actually worked quite well from my experience. But back then overworld content was much closer to the difficulty of trials, so most people who reached v10/v12 knew how to block, dodge and generally avoid getting hurt while doing decent amounts of damage.
    Maybe if the group finder was achivement locked, it could work. So a player, who is new to group content, could only queue for easy normal dungeons and if you want to queue for vet trials / vdsa, you need to have completed that trial on normal as well as a number of harder achivements like hm, nodeath and speedrun of several vet dungeons.
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Adding veteran Trials/ Arenas to Group Finder will not happen. Those are way too difficult. I would like to see them add normal versions tho. However, even then its better to have a guild that has a huge pool of players so its easy to find people to run with.
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Right now people are complaining about situations from dungeons when they queue from a group finder - dps using only bow light attacks, tanks without taunt slotted, fake healers and so on. Can you imagine how many complaints like this will be on forums when 12 random people will try to pug veteran trial or vDSA?

Group finder like this will only cause frustration, nothing else. Wanna do end game content? Find a guild and do not pug.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doubt it. Hopefully this never happens.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It would be even worse with group finder pugs.
    Vet versions of dlc dungeons are nearly impossible with pugs groups, according to the forums. And in those dungeons, there's usually only a few mechanics. In DSA, there are different mechanics on every stage and each arena requires specific approach. 4 random people with unoptimized builds and 0 coordination dont have any chances to finish vDSA.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems annoying that getting groups for example vDSA takes such a long time most players give up waiting, log off and go play a game they do not have to waste an hour just to get a group together. You can spam chats in guilds, zone etc and still wait forever to just get 4 players to do vDSA....

Any chance these will be added to group finder?

So many times I log in...try to get groups started only to give up an hour later and go play another game.

You can't just go into Stormhaven zone chat and be like, "LF3M max cp experienced tank healer dps for vDSA run" and expect everyone to flock to you.

You need a longer term strategy for finding players to join you. Talk to people in your vet dungeon runs, be friendly, be good at your role. Build up some people that you can depend on, and introduce them to each other. Run some vet DLC dungeons together, get some motif pages to sell, build a relationship of mutual respect.

And after you have enough people and everyone is comfortable with the rest of the group, actually schedule a run for a specific time and day. Very few people are willing to just drop whatever they are doing to go for a 1+ hours vDSA run with random people, but a scheduled event with other people you know to be good is much more appealing and usually much more fun.

PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Normal trials? Sure.
    vDSA? God no. This is way too hard for your regular pug that does 10k dps. It would be a disaster. Same story ofc for vet trials.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you had any idea how many high level players out there don’t even come close to 10k DPS.....

It would be cool if there was one and it gave that %25 Damage buff like the group finder does.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure if it will happen, however I hope not. It would be a disaster.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)