Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Finally, a food that's better than Witchmother's Potent Brew!

• Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phage wrote: »
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    Most recipes are never going to be used, why should this be any different?

I would certainly use this recipe if it suited my characters needs, as being well over CP cap I have no use for Ambrosia. I'd suggest there are a lot of players who might use it.

"A lot of players" - no. It's a very, very, very small percentage of players that would be willing to use this. Don't kid yourself.

As for it not being used, it's a brand new recipe. If they are putting out new content, it should be usable. Instead this recipe is now in the same trash bin as Orzorga's Smoked Bear Haunch.
    So it is nearly as useless as all of those burnt trees and branches the Halloween festival is giving us, along with 99.99% of all recipes in the game.

You have your opinion, I'll stick with kidding myself.

Talking about recipes, not the useless burnt *** you get in the event. :) It's a fact that the overwhelming majority of players will not use this.

This is a gold level recipe, it should have been made usable by the majority of players.

They need to stop putting perfect roe in as an ingredient in these recipes so that people will actually use them.

thank you for representing me and all the other players in the game with your 'overwhelming majority' statements. Please actually ask people next time before doing so, since many of us do not agree with your opinion. Yes, an opinion, with no basis in facts. Just because you would not use something, and you know one person who wouldnt, this is not an overwhelming majority.

By definition, if you disagree, that makes you the minority. So I didn't misrepresent you. It's not an opinion to state that the majority of people won't use this recipe. It's a fact.

How do I know this? Because the majority of people don't use Orzorga's Smoked Bear Haunch. That, my friend, is what we call compelling evidence. It's happened before and it's going to happen again.

Other than for hybrid builds, this is much better than smoked bear haunch. I won't use it in PvE, but it's going to be a primary food for PvP. Is there a stam version?

Although gold recipes use perfect roe, you make 4 per roe and they last for 2 hours. Fish for 25 perfect roe and your set for 200 hours of playtime. Sure, it's a time sink, but I completed the fishing achievement in I think 2-3 zones and and had about 30 perfect roe to show for it. Came close to poking my eyes out, but not THAT close.

Edit: That was before I started using an addon that makes a bell sound when you should reel in. Now I watch movies and fish at the same time.

Which add on?
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    Most recipes are never going to be used, why should this be any different?

I would certainly use this recipe if it suited my characters needs, as being well over CP cap I have no use for Ambrosia. I'd suggest there are a lot of players who might use it.

"A lot of players" - no. It's a very, very, very small percentage of players that would be willing to use this. Don't kid yourself.

As for it not being used, it's a brand new recipe. If they are putting out new content, it should be usable. Instead this recipe is now in the same trash bin as Orzorga's Smoked Bear Haunch.
    So it is nearly as useless as all of those burnt trees and branches the Halloween festival is giving us, along with 99.99% of all recipes in the game.

You have your opinion, I'll stick with kidding myself.

Talking about recipes, not the useless burnt *** you get in the event. :) It's a fact that the overwhelming majority of players will not use this.

This is a gold level recipe, it should have been made usable by the majority of players.

They need to stop putting perfect roe in as an ingredient in these recipes so that people will actually use them.

thank you for representing me and all the other players in the game with your 'overwhelming majority' statements. Please actually ask people next time before doing so, since many of us do not agree with your opinion. Yes, an opinion, with no basis in facts. Just because you would not use something, and you know one person who wouldnt, this is not an overwhelming majority.

By definition, if you disagree, that makes you the minority. So I didn't misrepresent you. It's not an opinion to state that the majority of people won't use this recipe. It's a fact.

How do I know this? Because the majority of people don't use Orzorga's Smoked Bear Haunch. That, my friend, is what we call compelling evidence. It's happened before and it's going to happen again.

Other than for hybrid builds, this is much better than smoked bear haunch. I won't use it in PvE, but it's going to be a primary food for PvP. Is there a stam version?

Although gold recipes use perfect roe, you make 4 per roe and they last for 2 hours. Fish for 25 perfect roe and your set for 200 hours of playtime. Sure, it's a time sink, but I completed the fishing achievement in I think 2-3 zones and and had about 30 perfect roe to show for it. Came close to poking my eyes out, but not THAT close.

Edit: That was before I started using an addon that makes a bell sound when you should reel in. Now I watch movies and fish at the same time.

Which add on?

Most likely Votan's Fisherman. It adds the sound, and also a giant hook on the screen to let you know to reel in.
    PC-NA Goat
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's useful it's gold so lasts longer too.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    It's useful it's gold so lasts longer too.

It lasts 2 hours. The same as Witchmother's Potent Brew (a purple recipe).
    PC-NA Goat
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Vaoh wrote: »
    As an endgame PvEer who wants to min-max their build..... I’ll pass. This new gold food is better in every way that Witchmother’s Brew (more of each stat), and adds that Health Recovery which is actually pretty decent.

.... but to require Perfect Roe? That’s ridiculous. Maybe I’ll keep like 20 on me for the rarest of score run occasions. Otherwise I really wish they never added this new recipe. It’s essentially a stat boost to rich players. Spell pots being so pricey was bad enough.

It's like 1500 gold/hour... I'm a poor pvper but I could sustain spell power pots and this food easily

It’s really more pricey than that, and Spell Power pots are very pricey. Are we talking fair PC prices or ripoff console prices? I’m talking about ripoff console prices.

Either way, expect the price on Perfect Roe (especially on console) to skyrocket. Good luck with your “1500 gold/hour” then.... you’ll be spending those hours fishing lol
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That food is far from better
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    That food is far from better

How so?