The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Wait.. So battlegrounds are ONLY cp now? No Non-cp option?

Bryong9ub17_ESO
Bryong9ub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭
And ZOS thought this would be a good idea why?

Did I miss some kind of explanation for this?
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bad press to have one that works well and one that is dominated by CP enabled builds?
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cyro campaigns with CPs are more popular according to their data, so BGs should be more popular with CPs as well.

Gina mentioned it somewhere in the forums I believe. Not that I agree with it.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • doslekis
    doslekis
    ✭✭✭
    It's been pretty clear, they said they're going to try it out and if it doesn't work they'll change it back. Change was made by player requests, and how servers like vivec are always full while non champ is always empty.

Been numerous threads on pvp forum about it. I'm personally not happy with the change, only at 450cp, but I'll manage, as I play in CP enabled cyrpdiil.

Mainly worri3d about flag games and how championpoints make some strong tanks.
    I don't normally use daggers, but when I do, I choose dos Lekis.
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If all players acquire Morrowind, they will add the versions with and without CP.
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need No CP option
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Bryong9ub17_ESO
    Bryong9ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    doslekis wrote: »
    It's been pretty clear, they said they're going to try it out and if it doesn't work they'll change it back. Change was made by player requests, and how servers like vivec are always full while non champ is always empty.

Been numerous threads on pvp forum about it. I'm personally not happy with the change, only at 450cp, but I'll manage, as I play in CP enabled cyrpdiil.

Mainly worri3d about flag games and how championpoints make some strong tanks.

Fair enough, I'm still not a fan of the decision though. I'm only cp585 myself, which isn't that bad, but I feel for the low number players who enjoy playing battlegrounds
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First we nee dto focus on getting more people into BGs.

Then we can focus on making the BGs more enjoyable.

I think the consensus is that No CP is more enjoyable... but i understand ZoS's decision to prioritize BG population over BG balance. Hopefully in the future we can have both, and they are taking the right steps in that direction.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »
    Cyro campaigns with CPs are more popular according to their data, so BGs should be more popular with CPs as well.

Yet we have two campaigns for top lvl, non cp and cp, why it is different for BGs is beyond me. In Sotha Sil EU ( no cp ) after 5 pm it is pop locked across all factions. So, yeah.....USA doesnt = the world.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

I think the consensus is that No CP is more enjoyable... but i understand ZoS's decision to prioritize BG population over BG balance. Hopefully in the future we can have both, and they are taking the right steps in that direction.

I will not touch BGs anymore with CP in them. Not with a ten foot pole. Without I did them here and there, but with, forget it.
  • ParaNostram
    ParaNostram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dear ZOS,

Thank you for ruining Battlegrounds by forcing us to have only CP options. I needed the thing I actually did on this game for fun to be made no longer fun.

Sincerely,
    Me
    "Your mistake is you begged for your life, not for mercy. I will show you there are many fates worse than death."

Para Nostram
    Bosmer Sorceress
    Witch of Evermore

"Death is a privilege that can be denied by it's learned scholars."
    Order of the Black Worm
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If it's not fun then they will never get more people to participate . Adding cp does not change the core issues the players listed as "fun" . Fun to some is given a choice of what style BG to enter . Fun to others is not forcing pugs to fight pre made groups . An some others have said fun is a rating system that separates players based on gear quality . Fun to a lot of players is removing the paywall . Too many on going issues for players to pay more for PVP . Separate them from Marrowind .

I'm predicting this addition does nothing to spark new interest until one or more of those things I mentioned are addressed .
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL let farming begin oh well now the cheaters can bring their cheats to BG's now nice, glad I have not wasted anytime in them.
  • Bryong9ub17_ESO
    Bryong9ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    laced wrote: »

I will not touch BGs anymore with CP in them. Not with a ten foot pole. Without I did them here and there, but with, forget it.

I'm not going to touch them either. At least until I'm CP cap. Granted I'm only cp585 I will still feel that I am at a disadvantage compared to other with CP cap. It's the main reason I do non-CP in cyrodiil. I can only imagine how much this is going to suck for people with really low CP. It's basically giving the middle finger to the casual player that enjoys battlegrounds.

And on top of that I do a lot of pve and my Champion points are set up differently. With non-cp pvp i could keep my Champion points setup for PVE and not have to worry about changing them.

Guess I'll just take a break from battleground for a while.
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »

Yeah, because Cyrodiil and BGs are practically the same thing, so why don't *** up both?
    PC/EU
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    CP enabled Battlegrounds means more tanks that are even tankier holding objectives for the entire match without dying. Last thing any PvP mode in this game needs is more tanks.
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait for it to hit Xbox na and we got 4 perma block dk builds in there it's going to be so much fun
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Or maybe you make BGs more enjoyable so more people can get into them. Thats common sense right?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It always cracks me up when a dlc gets released, you read tons of posts that we're created in the PTS that the OPs obviously never read months before hand
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds