Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Visible Damage

Solohope
Solohope
✭✭✭
I was wondering if we will ever get too visibly see the damage we do to enemies. What I really mean by that is that an enemy that is at full health and one that is one the verge of death look exactly the same, and if it weren't for their health bars I could never tell I've done damage to enemy in the first place. So I was wondering if ZOS ever intends on adding elements such and blood, cuts and damage armor onto the mobs and npc's in this game because I would really love to see that happen.
PC NA - @Solohope
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wish we could also see damage numbers in the chat box. so we can reference the fight and what happened or didn't happen during the battle in numbers like other mmo's have.
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @dwemer_paleologist: Since you're on PC, I can recommend the addon "Combat Metrics" for that. It's a very extensive combat analysis tool, and has among other statistical things a full log of everything that happens during a fight. Not just damage, but also healing, resource changes, buffs, debuffs etc.
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loc2262 wrote: »
    @dwemer_paleologist: Since you're on PC, I can recommend the addon "Combat Metrics" for that. It's a very extensive combat analysis tool, and has among other statistical things a full log of everything that happens during a fight. Not just damage, but also healing, resource changes, buffs, debuffs etc.

@Loc2262 just to let you know, i was refering to eso developers and i want nothing to do with those add-ons, sorry.
    thanx for trying though.
  • akredon_ESO
    akredon_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ummm.... just to make sure im understanding the question... you are wanting to see the psychical numbers you do to a target.... if soo that is in the options menu O_o you just turn it on
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would love a damaged armor skin
  • KeiruNicrom
    KeiruNicrom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like seeing their armour visibly wear and tear while the slowly gain bruises and cuts throughout a fight? I dont tgink the engine could handle that kind of subtle change in real time from characrer to character
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solohope wrote: »
    So I was wondering if ZOS ever intends on adding elements such and blood, cuts and damage armor onto the mobs and npc's in this game because I would really love to see that happen.
    ...I kinda doubt they will... though it would be so great if they did!
    Would not even have to be all that much, just... switching from the normal visuals to a "battle scarred" version when they go under 50% HP? That should be doable, right? Maybe a second switch to a "badly wounded" at below 20%...

But while we're at it, have you noticed all the NPCs you rescue from burning buildings of find "badly wounded" for avenging purposes also have no blood, no wounds, no burns, not even torn clothing?

Or how the corpses you find in your travels only come in three versions - skeletal, badly burned husk, and "peacefully dead". No gruesome wounds, no dismemberments, no fresh torture victims... none of that.

Same for "finishing blow" animations - we have those for the magical damage - burning to ash, freezing and crumbling, melting by poison, etc.; but nothing for the physical stuff... no decapitation by sword, no headshot by arrow, no throat slash by dagger, no brains bash by mace, no chest cleave by axe... if we get the magic stuff, why not the bloody stuff as well? The game IS rated "M" after all...

...heck, I'd pay extra for a DLC that refitted all the "bloody mess" into my ESO! Some "brutality pack" from the crown store, that only those who like their ESO gritty and brutal would then buy and indulge in...
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    D0PAMINE wrote: »

How's about..3/4 through the fight your bow breaks in half..../cry

• itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wish we could also see damage numbers in the chat box. so we can reference the fight and what happened or didn't happen during the battle in numbers like other mmo's have.

I'm guessing you're on console? Cause pc has add one galore for that. Combat metrics being numero uno.
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • THWIP71
    THWIP71
    ✭✭✭✭
    Too bad ZOS doesn't allow actual "mods", like Bethesda does for their games. :/

gore_overhaul.jpg

• paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@dwemer_paleologist You do know that they have added that as a base function now right? Just look under settings.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    D0PAMINE wrote: »

How's about..3/4 through the fight your bow breaks in half..../cry

Guess I shouldnt have bought tempers from the shady khajiit?
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@dwemer_paleologist You do know that they have added that as a base function now right? Just look under settings.

I'm guessing they are talking about referencing these numbers AFTER THE fight, which no, ESO does not have that option unless you're using add ons.
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~