Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Display Character Name Issue

Calsifer
Calsifer
✭✭✭
I know, this has been talked about before. I get that its probably not going to be fixed. But it disturbs me to no end, like a splinter in the mind that you can constantly feel but can never remove.

I have created several female characters but HATE the fact that my PSN tag is displayed instead of my Character Name.

There is no reason Anyone needs to see my PSN tag above my head or in my character's title. All names are forced to be Unique for some reason (lazy coding would be my guess) that is unnecessary. The Unique ID field for the character database could infact be the PSN tag. Its unique, there for EVERYONE, should they want to, should be allowed to name there Character Legolas or what ever.

The lazy work around that ZOS did is beyond STUPID, Everyone else still sees your PSN tag, WHAT WAS THE POINT? This is a stupid ostrich with its head in the sand fix to this issue. Just because I dont see the problem on my screen doesn't mean its not still a problem. IT IS STILL A 8 DIVINES DAMN PROBLEM.

What possible reason could there be to not allow us all to see the chosen name someone creates for their character and in turn have everyone else see the chosen name we choose for our own character? Again WHY would I even bother making a character name if all people see is my PSN tag.
  • shadelon
    shadelon
    ✭✭✭
    There is an option in the settings under nameplates to for you to see char name instead.
    The Airstrike - Flower Lady

Champion 871 [Lv 50 Magward Healer, Lv 50 Stamward DPS, Lv 50 Warden Tank, Lv 50 MagWard DPS]

Guild Master of the League of Assassins (check us out at www.leagueofassassins-ps4.guildlaunch.com
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shadelon wrote: »
    There is an option in the settings under nameplates to for you to see char name instead.

Also can apply to text chat and guild views too in settings
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • shadelon
    shadelon
    ✭✭✭
    Hm i know it displays char name for say, zone, group, emote, and yell but can't find anything to set it for guild too. How do you do that?

Champion 871 [Lv 50 Magward Healer, Lv 50 Stamward DPS, Lv 50 Warden Tank, Lv 50 MagWard DPS]

Guild Master of the League of Assassins (check us out at www.leagueofassassins-ps4.guildlaunch.com
  • Calsifer
    Calsifer
    ✭✭✭
    Ok you silly Ostriches, next time you adjust your setting so it shows your character name, ask some random player what THEY see. They dont see your character name they see your PSN tag. ONLY YOU SEE THE CHARACTER NAME.
    Edited by Calsifer on October 18, 2017 7:51AM
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    guild is different as its per account, not character
  • heartburnkid
    heartburnkid
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody seems to understand what the op wants here.

Surprising.

Anyway, I agree op. If the setting stated ‘universal name display preference’ and actually mattered what everyone else saw, it would make sense. I don’t care if I can see my toon name, I want others to see it. Psn name is way too personal and leads to, and can lead to direct harassment. ‘But block them!’ I know. Just give me the option to display my awesome character names. Or switch everyones default option to character names because most of the players are probably too dumb to know you can change it anyway.
  • Calsifer
    Calsifer
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps this is why the Dev Team has not corrected the issue. They dont seem to understand the immersion problem of seeing Gangsta_Thug_Life2497 instead of Legolas. lol
  • shadelon
    shadelon
    ✭✭✭
    I am pretty sure i read somewhere that it isn't something they can fix due to some thing with sony/microsoft's end.

• Calsifer
    Calsifer
    ✭✭✭
    Gonna have to call the B.S. flag on that “It’s something they can’t fix.” There are already two solid examples of MMORPGs on PS 4 where the PSN gamer tag is hidden, but still accessible should some one try to abuse other players. Never winter nights and Sky Forge BOTH allow your character names to be displayed without the PSN tag even being visible. To say it can’t be done because of Sony is a BOLD FACE LIE.
  • heartburnkid
    heartburnkid
    ✭✭✭
    Calsifer wrote: »
    Gonna have to call the B.S. flag on that “It’s something they can’t fix.” There are already two solid examples of MMORPGs on PS 4 where the PSN gamer tag is hidden, but still accessible should some one try to abuse other players. Never winter nights and Sky Forge BOTH allow your character names to be displayed without the PSN tag even being visible. To say it can’t be done because of Sony is a BOLD FACE LIE.

Dc universe online as well.
  • Calsifer
    Calsifer
    ✭✭✭
    Something that further bothers me about this Display Name issue is if you are Male and your PSN tag is 1337_Dude and you create a female character, then obtain the glorious title of Lady for purchasing a Notable home. . . Everyone does not see Lady Galadrel, but rather LADY 1337_Dude. WHAT. . . THE. . . HELL!!! how is this acceptable?!?!!?
  • Calsifer
    Calsifer
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure I created this thread in General Discussions to draw attention to EVERYONE as it affects EVERYONE. Why is this now HERE in General Help? Someone trying to burry this in an obscure forum the general community hardly ever reads?