Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please remove consumables from the Crown Crates.

Lone_Wolf
Lone_Wolf
✭✭✭
Honestly. Paying for crowns (Or paying 15$ for ESO+ for crowns monthly) to buy crates only to receive a slew of useless potions, poisons, food items and what not that my characters can make better versions of with a bit of effort just seems like a HUGE waste of money. Even though they have value as gems when you convert then, they come in 1 gem for each 5/10/25 whatever quantity each item requires and that's an awful reward for spending real money on your game. Especially when at minimum to trade gems for anything of value starts at 16 gems. That's at least 4 crates you have to buy and just getting consumables. Crates should be bursting with actual rewards and not garbage that players can make for better and through items in game.

Now I have no problem with EXP scrolls or Mimic stones. Both of those provide a utility that players can actually use.
  • ChandraNalaar
    ChandraNalaar
    ✭✭✭
    I agree; nobody uses these consumables, and we all know they are there purely to dilute the drop rates of the items that people want or can make use of. I've also noticed that the drop rates for the mounts are being lowered every season. First season people got the mounts pretty frequently, with wild hunt there were still some good drop rates, dwarven crates they added the crown crate exclusive mounts (yet another rip-off that they don't talk about), and this season the rates are even lower and the good looking mounts are the crown crate exclusive ones. I don't mind the crown crates, personally; however, the introduction of crate exclusive mounts that you cannot spend gems on unsettles me. I saw a lot of threads in the beginning about how crates are fueling gambling addictions, but at least before you could eventually buy enough that you wouldn't have to buy anymore. Now, however, they've added the possibility for potentially limitless gambling because people want those exclusive mounts.
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea all the crown store and crown crate consumables are trash.... Actually they are worse than trash!
    Rhaegar Gregorson, The Ebonheart Centurion - Imperial Dragonknight
    RABIDxWOLVERINE - Xbox One, NA, Ebonheart Pact

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • Stormahawk
    Stormahawk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Especially at the epic and legendary tier. It's quite insulting to get a legendary item only for it to be an XP scroll...
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm alright with crown crates based on their earliest version, but agree that there are just so many consumables I just wouldn't use. I generally keep the mount training and exp scrolls for lowbie toons. All of the potions, poisons and food I could do without. I can craft so much better. Still I can live with it, just throw them into the woods chipper in exchange for a pittance of gems.

With the past two crate seasons I've grown to hate the crates more for the exclusive items that can't be bought for gems. It is the same thing that puts me off of buying blind box collectibles -those chase figures that are designed to make you come back and shell out more money on them.
    Edited by lonewolf26 on September 28, 2017 8:22PM
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm...what if instead of consumables the "zonk" draw was an RNG 1-3 gem? Let's think...if I pay 1500 crowns for four crates that's going to be 12-13 zonk cards.

So you set the RNG to offer an average of 20 gems per 4-pack. I think people would feel better if they knew that 20 crates would offer them as least one of the 100 gem items.

And (may god have mercy on my soul for giving ZOS this idea) you could introduce the super rare 500 gem cards.
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Replace food drops with gem cards or remove them completly.
    Edited by xSkullfox on September 28, 2017 10:01PM
    Groupfinder:
    The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
    • The first rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • The second rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
    • Fourth rule: only invited players can test.
    • Fifth rule: one invite at a time, fellas.
    • Sixth rule: crying or bashing on pts.
    • Seventh rule: NDA will go on as long as they have to.
    • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree. Please remove consumables (potions, food,xp scrolls, lessons etc) from crates. I would rather the items be small cosmeic items like hair or whatever. Just please no potions
    PC / NA
    Templar Healer "False Eye"
    Sorc Healer "Potema the Wolf Queen"
    Warden Healer "Heavy Attacks Online"
    Magicka Nightblade DPS "Nephaleth Telvanni"
    Dragonknight Tank "Nico's Facsimile"

Builds & Guides:
    Horow's Templar Healer Guide for Trials (Murkmire updated)
    How to get Felms to jump correctly in vAS HM?
    Horow's vMA Magicka Sorc Build for beginners and lazy farmers
    Horow's Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Heavy Attack Build - Summerset Isles Ready
    More builds at anthem-guild.com/pve/.

Notable Achievements:
    - World's first 18 Axes vAA clear
    - World's first 20+ enrage stack Llothis in vAS HM and World record cone damage
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    I extract gems from everything but riding skill books, and 1/3 of the mimic stone drops. I'd rather just straight up receive gems -- I can craft better than the other consumables offered. The research scrolls are cute, but even them I extract, same with XP scrolls.

Some cards that are just gems would be cool, and make those consumables and consumable bundles purchasable with crowns or gems directly and leave them out of the crates. Heck, if the crates contained much less filler, you could charge more crowns for them because of a better drop rate of higher tier rewards.

I know I'd pay more crowns for a crate that contained nothing less than the current blue quality. You could even have tiered crown crates -- lesser crates that are cheaper and contain mostly consumables and low tier fluff, regular crates that are basically as they are now, and 'exquisite' crates that have much better drop rates and no junky fluff. 200 for lesser crates, 400 for regular crates, and 600 for exquisite crates. Put a couple exclusive items in each crate tier to make people want the different tiers of crate.

Heck, allow people to purchase dlc and such with gems instead of crowns if they want to. Why not? You have their money already, may as well give options for microtransaction joy there.
    @Zhaedri PC NA

• ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. The consumables (except for XP scrolls) are genuinely unwanted padding.
    Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bloated loot tables aren't exactly a novelty in ESO though.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or they could just buff the potions up to crafted level equivalents. That way it's not a super awesome reward, but it's better than literally nothing.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's insulting that they include soul gems in the crates, when they're so easy to get in the game that you can have 300 of them in your inventory at any given time.
    Also, I hate the XP scrolls being gold and purple items. Heck with that. I've learned to not get excited when I see a card glow gold or purple, because chances are good I'll be disappointed. I noticed they've made the drop rates for the XP scrolls weighted more heavily than the drop rates for other gold and purple items.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The consumables aren't the "junk" or "padding". If you read the announcement about the clown crates, the only items you are guaranteed to receive are the consumables. You are paying for the crate of consumables that are supposed to be equivalent to at least the cost of the clown crate, with a chance of getting additional non-consumable items like costumes, pets, or mounts, with an infinitesimal chance of getting an apex reward, and an even more minute chance of the uber rare "only in crates" apex apex reward. Or however you want to refer to the only in crates drops.
  • iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elixirs, potions, poisons, stews, tincture etc are literally just fillers. I honestly wouldn't mind buying a crate that dropped 2 items, but those items were GUARANTEED pets, costumes, mounts, styles, housing items or actual utility items like mimic stones and exp scrolls. TBH I would buy MORE crates knowing my money actually goes into something, but when i'm junking 90% of the items I get it feels more and more like i'm being *** over.
    By all means keep them on the gem page but take them out of the damn crates drop list, or limit them to one card per pack.
    If they dont remove them, give us more per stack, instead of one stew can't we have a stack of 5 or 10.
    "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ
  • Lone_Wolf
    Lone_Wolf
    ✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »
    The consumables aren't the "junk" or "padding". If you read the announcement about the clown crates, the only items you are guaranteed to receive are the consumables. You are paying for the crate of consumables that are supposed to be equivalent to at least the cost of the clown crate, with a chance of getting additional non-consumable items like costumes, pets, or mounts, with an infinitesimal chance of getting an apex reward, and an even more minute chance of the uber rare "only in crates" apex apex reward. Or however you want to refer to the only in crates drops.

ESO is a b2p game with an optional monthly sub. The crown crates themselves are a very shifty move from the publishers to make more money out of people who have addictions to gambling or people who like to throw money at a thing until they get what they want.

Telling people "Hey there are these nice things in a crate, we know you already spent 60$ plus whatever on dlc, crowns and maybe ESO+. There's a chance to get nice rewards in here for your hard earned money, but here's a pile of junk that you have instead and can stand outside the window of our cosmetic storefront with only hope of obtaining one day."

If it were the way Overwatch does it where they hand out a free crate every so often I would have no problems with consumable items. But with them being crown exclusive, at least 75% of the cards they will receive in their crates are damn worthless.
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can not stand getting xp scrolls.

its all useful stuff...to someone. I just don't find anything useful from them anymore.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • OleResinHead
    OleResinHead
    ✭✭✭
    Yuppppp, I agree also. If they actually removed consumables from crown crates, I'd buy my first set of crown crates.
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought crown crates in previous seasons, because i liked that i got a random costume or a random pet. Hardly any potions at all, especially in the 1st and 2nd season. However this season, i am not buying a single one, simply because i hate getting the consumables. If it was always a random costume (say from the past) or a random cosmetic item - i would buy them, because it was fun, not knowing what kind of fun costume you would get. Not anymore.
    Nothing worse than getting consumables when i have stacks and stacks of soul gems in my own bank, and my crafter can make potions for me to last a lifetime.

Thanks, but no thanks.
    PC / NA

Builds & Guides:

Notable Achievements:
  • Heroeric1337
    Heroeric1337
    ✭✭✭
    I understand the premise for having consumable's in the creates, it wouldnt be much of a gamble without them. Instead, I propose they simply remove the useless collectables (Remove the potions and soul gems, the scrolls and books are helpful in my opinion) OR make the consumable items unbound, so they can be resold. With their properties, im sure there are a handful of players out there willing to pay a bit for them.
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand the premise for having consumable's in the creates, it wouldnt be much of a gamble without them. Instead, I propose they simply remove the useless collectables (Remove the potions and soul gems, the scrolls and books are helpful in my opinion) OR make the consumable items unbound, so they can be resold. With their properties, im sure there are a handful of players out there willing to pay a bit for them.

Yeah, with gold. In a guild store. Not with $
    PC / NA

Builds & Guides:

Notable Achievements:
  • Heroeric1337
    Heroeric1337
    ✭✭✭
    Horowonnoe wrote: »

Yeah, with gold. In a guild store. Not with $

Given the circumstances, I think plenty of players would be content with selling them for gold. These are items we do get in gambling after all, I wouldn't expect anyone to pay actual money for someones elses less desirables.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stormahawk wrote: »
    Especially at the epic and legendary tier. It's quite insulting to get a legendary item only for it to be an XP scroll...
    I got the legendary xp scroll in the free crates, loved it as I cached in for 33 gems so I could buy two hats, I say its the best thing ever.
    I buy crates for specific costumes and hair so anything who can be converted to gems is an bonus for me.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep agree, I bought more crates than I wanted to, and never got a dwemer mount, and although there does seem to be quite a few good items, most of the stuff I got was consumable trash. This garbage basically serves no purpose >:( The only redeemable thing about it was that I could break them into gems, but entire stacks only converted to 1 gem, which took me ages to actually get enough gems to buy something decent with them.
    'For love, for friendship and for valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.'

Zephyrle Starbreeze, Bosmer Nightblade
    Aefion Bloodclaw, Bosmer Sorcerer
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Please remove crown crates. That´s my plea. Won´t happen, but I must Yell it anyway.
  • CloneTrooper699
    CloneTrooper699
    ✭✭✭
    Could not agree more. Keep the Xp Scrolls, Keep the mimic stones and Keep the Riding lessons (good for alts), then add consumable dyes. Then make it that only one card from each box is a consumable from that list.
    I'm a goat
  • The_Smilemeister
    The_Smilemeister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, you guys took the gamble. It won't always go your way, but that's what makes you come back for more. The more you gamble and lose the more money ZOS makes.

Those potions are put there for a reason. When you lose out you become more desperate for that cosmetic item (which is essentially what all crown crate gear is with all those costumes and mounts) and you pay ZOS more money. You're a fool if you think ZOS will remove those potions from the crown crates and you're a fool if you spend stupid amounts of money funding this insult to gaming.

You know what you can do though? Quit gambling!

sore-loser-gambler-meme.jpg