The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What style of patching do you prefer?

TheNightflame
TheNightflame
✭✭✭✭✭
I remember in the past hearing people say that changing a lot of things at once makes it impossible to balance the changes. Now, with smaller incremental changes being made, some people feel left waiting for things to be fixed. I was wondering which of the two patch styles is preferred, now that we've been through both of them.
Edited by TheNightflame on October 17, 2017 10:57PM

What style of patching do you prefer? 35 votes

Smaller incremental patches (like now)
65%
SirAndySolarikenMojmirAlienSlofkojouTannus15feyiiToRelaxStrider__RoshinGreenSoup2HoTVaohAlpheu5PuzzlenutsSirMewserMarabornwingrionJawasaSubversusSaintSubwayyScottOfLibertaliaeso_nya 23 votes
Many changes and re-works in each patch (like some earlier patches)
20%
KetarmishXvorgApheriusAlurueRandomName123LadislaoGaunterODim 7 votes
Indifferent
14%
BelegnoleGhettokidSaturnanaAvran_SyltRABIDxWOLVERINE 5 votes
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One where [insert main here] is not nerfed.

I'd honestly prefer a rust style patch. BIG stuff every now and then. Bugfixes and small value changes weekly/biweekly. 1 week of imbalances vs 3 months :/
    Edited by ak_pvp on October 17, 2017 11:21PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like 1 large change per year, like the sustain nerfs and cp overhaul that came with morrowind and then the rest of the year adjusting for that change making small incremental changes.

Some changes are so large that you can't do them as small adjustments.

Class / skill balance should always be done in small adjustments.
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Where's the option for even smaller even more incremental and even more frequent than now?

For instance, the way most Overwatch tweaks are done.
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indifferent
    Well it depends. Sometimes it's best if a lot is done at once, because otherwise it doesn't work. Other times small adjustments are needed to fine tune.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm fine with current iteration, tho I'd prefer if Zos revisit and made changes after patches go live to adress some stuff clearly unbalanced, instead of waiting till the next patch to do so.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Previous games I have played did not do such large changes every patch, though the gearing could not be effected since each class had one set of gear per role, essentially.

I think the complex nature of the game where any class can use any weapon, the guild skill lines and toss in a seeming less endless choice of gear sets. is a challenge for Zos to handle.

If they actually come up with a system to manage updates they, and us, would be better served with a major balancing update once a year and minor tweaks in between. Until then, if ever, we have what we have.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on what you mean by "like now":

On the PTS its good thats how it should be.

But on Live its a different stroy. We get a Patch and then 2-4 weeks after the Patch went live we get a few fixpatches and thats it.
    There should be a "Balance" patch every 3-4 weeks on life. Else the game will never be balanced.
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Torrent, so that I don't have to put up with 1mbs ZoS limits.

Oh, not that style, hmm... I prefer baby steps. The problem isn't always how long you wait for balancing, because it takes a couple of months for a new meta to settle (more when a new class is introduced), it's how big a sledgehammer comes down when it does come.
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love if they'd stop to gang up with my boss and wouldnt roll out the bigger patches either on my day off or when im on a businesstrip and have to wait for hours until snippy hotel wifi manages to download the patch :/
    Perfect timing 4/4 times this year....
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Many changes and re-works in each patch (like some earlier patches)
    Haste makes waste....

More changes but under the concept of "season"
    Edited by Xvorg on October 18, 2017 7:12PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week