The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Armor stats on Tanks.

Lefthy
Lefthy
✭✭
Hi all, here agoing trying to figure out some things.

I recently returned to my main DK tank and updated the build for this patch. But i notice that most of the current builds dont get high armor numbers. Why is that?

I remember that when building a tank, one of the main stats with health was armor, and trying to get that 50% damage reducción was one of the focus points.

Now with this new builds i get something like 23-25k of armor and i fell like i get to much damage when i drop the block.

I dont really have troubles with the bosses, but when i agro a big group of trash mobs my hp start to drop sustancialy when i drop the shield.

Is that normal? Are you tanks going around whit your shield up all times? That seems like a pretty static way to play and i dont know if i like it.

thank you all.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This might explain a lot about taking damage:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/279426/damage-mitigation-explanation-and-list-of-options/p1

Also for Trials I do Tank with my shield up for most of the time, but not so much so in dungeons.
    Options
  • iam117
    iam117
    ✭✭✭
    This might explain a lot about taking damage:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/279426/damage-mitigation-explanation-and-list-of-options/p1

Also for Trials I do Tank with my shield up for most of the time, but not so much so in dungeons.

This ^

on my dk my stats are around 32k health - 25k stam - 15k mag. fully buffed im just over 29k resists. this is for trials, and shield is mostly up. for dungs mostly just block during boss mechanics and add knockbacks
    <Liv3mind>
    <PC/NA - Legion Of The Bloodworks>
    Snowflake Patrol
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Long story short, a tank gets most of its mitigation by blocking as that reduces damage by a percentage before resistances. Also spell resistance tends to be more important due to the fact most AoE/DoT damage in end game content tends to be spell & elemental in nature; two classes offer spell resistance bonuses so you will most likely be quite close to the cap there. 27K+ physical resistance is enough for any end game content. The resistance cap for mitigation is 33K so you are already getting >80% of possible mitigation at that value. Investing in % mitigation from CP is more beneficial.
    Edited by Asardes on October 18, 2017 5:15PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
    Options
  • Lefthy
    Lefthy
    ✭✭
    Alright then, it seems like maybe i overrated the armor cap.

I would swap the infused shield for a reinf one, to get something like 27 resist full buffed.

Yeah i get that in trial you permablock almost all the bosses,but i got worried getting hurt in trash pulls like this.

I have to get use to it again prob.

Thank for the info! i will get it in time.

Options