Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Unreachable lore books?

tinythinker
tinythinker
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Has anyone encountered them?

I've seen them under tables, etc, in Stonefalls (below deck on the ship at the Dagger's Landing Site), in Deshaan (a crafting station in an old mine), and by a fishing spot at Nimaltan in The Rift.

Are they really unreachable or is there a trick to it that has eluded me? Are they just there to tease players? Have you seen them? Could you reach them?

(Not claiming a bug or anything, just asking about some content I've seen.)
Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
(And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • RussianRambo
    Has anyone encountered them?

I've seen them under tables, etc, in Stonefalls (below deck on the ship at the Dagger's Landing Site), in Deshaan (a crafting station in an old mine), and by a fishing spot at Nimaltan in The Rift.

Are they really unreachable or is there a trick to it that has eluded me? Are they just there to tease players? Have you seen them? Could you reach them?

(Not claiming a bug or anything, just asking about some content I've seen.)

I have encountered them. One day I found a lore book under a bed, but couldn't reach it. Next day that book appeared to be lying on top of the bed. So I read it ... That really is a bug. I remember one time I saw the blue glowing beneath a barrel which would usually signify that there is a lore book. As in the first case with the bed, the book was out of my reach and would have probably reappeared on top of the barrel later if I came back.
  • indhyrocksssb14_ESO
    indhyrocksssb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Yes, I've found them. Logging Out/In normally makes it appear on top of whatever surface it was under.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, will try that.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • kirbus
    kirbus
    ✭✭
    found one under a stool took a couple minuets and sneaking to finally get it. im wondering are all lore books in set locations or do they appear randomly? im thinking randomly because i have found nearly half of all the lore books in one faction territory.
    You can have it. I don't even like sweetrolls. <Crying on Inside>
    ...Yes, someone did steal my sweetroll.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some are fixed for each zone and others are more random.

Oh, and I ran across another unreachable book. The /reloadui command didn't help, but relogging as suggested here did.

• Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Havent seen any bugged lore books yet (collected 100+) but some normal books which were bugged. All of them in quest only rooms/caves. Restarting the game or restarting the quest never fixed it for me :( A shame since you cannot go back to them.
    One of them was in the endless slaughter mage guild quest. In the last burned house before the final fight there was a yellow glowing note or letter on a crate, but interacting with it did not work. Tried relogging and abandoning+redoing the quest of course
    @Malediktus --- Ebonheart Pact, EU-Megaserver
  • Jirki88
    Jirki88
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I've seen some of these lorebooks that are bugged. It seem to happen quite frequently with those that lay on a barrel/crate/nightstand or so, that they load laying on the floor INSIDE what they were supposed to lay ON.
    Veritas et aequitas, et usque ad mortem.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just saw another one in Snapleg Cave under a hide blanket. At least now I can get them, but I guess it is a bug after all.

• Nabren
    Nabren
    I can confirm that logging out and back in generally fixes the lorebook positions. Have not ran into a case yet where that didn't work.
  • markc01
    markc01
    ✭✭
    I have always fixed the lorebook glitch by log out and then log back in... but now, after Morrowind expanision, ZOS fixed Cryodiil so that when you log out you get kicked out of Cryodiil. All that stuff that use to get fixed by log out and log in now doesn't work in Cryodiil. GEEZ!
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    markc01 wrote: »
    I have always fixed the lorebook glitch by log out and then log back in... but now, after Morrowind expanision, ZOS fixed Cryodiil so that when you log out you get kicked out of Cryodiil. All that stuff that use to get fixed by log out and log in now doesn't work in Cryodiil. GEEZ!

That's not good. Which book/what location?

• TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You always seeking the forbidden knowledge, the books that no one should read... One day Hermaeus Mora will take you to Apocripha.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are also lore books that if you miss them, you'll never be able to get them again. They are (very smartly) put in "one in a lifetime" rooms, whose door locks permanently after the quest is over.
    An example: during Craglorn questline you are sent to kill some "generals". One of them lives in an underground fortress and his throne room (where you kill him) locks forever once you killed him. Of course, if you forgot / did not notice the book in there, you are out of luck about ever getting it again.
  • sabretalon
    sabretalon
    ✭✭
    I've had them as well.

Also had the walk through walls one as well.

A pain when it takes forever to log out and in again
    Xbox One EU servers

GamerID: Sabretalon

Also have it on PS4 but not my focus console

Casual play, explorer and altaholic. ESO+ member