Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

wow pre made groups in battlegrounds.

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »
    Does CS:GO have separate matchmaking for pre-mades? I wasn't aware if it does. What about dota 2? Overwatch?

Don't know about DOTA but having played a crap ton of overwatch, yes they have different matchmaking for pre-mades.

Can confirm, The more people you have in group in OW the higher it pushes your team SR as well as your teams hidden MMR number up.
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Idk why people play premades like yeah it's fun to win but is the win worth it when you have 0 competition, I don't hate on the guys who just play their main classes like they would and cyro and just group with 4 of their friends but the people who come in with a healer and tank and go super try hard then try to say they are just playing to have fun are a complete joke.
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mihael wrote: »
    Idk why people play premades like yeah it's fun to win but is the win worth it when you have 0 competition, I don't hate on the guys who just play their main classes like they would and cyro and just group with 4 of their friends but the people who come in with a healer and tank and go super try hard then try to say they are just playing to have fun are a complete joke.

I agree, it gets boring when you're just rolling other teams with a premade but at the same time it is really frustrating to queue solo and get terrible teammates. For example, yesterday I was in a deathmatch that we barely lost - I went 21 and 3 with decent damage/healing but one of my teammates went 0-17, which I didn't even think it was possible to do that bad. So we lost by a couple kills. That is infuriating. Generally I queue with 1 other person because at least then I have somebody competent with me but we don't roll over everyone like a 4 man premade would.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know what you mean. When a random group of us go in we can stomp because we know eachother, eachother's builds, capabilities and can communicate through TS. That is until we bump into a proper pre-made who have the same advantages as us but their builds are completely 100% battleground oriented. They just wipe the floor with us it's so funny. We don't take BG's serious enough to have dedicated roles and builds, the game modes just aren't competitive enough in the first place to get serious into it.

Now, if they added a proper 4v4 it would be a different story. That I would get into!
    PC EU
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There’s really only one group that bugs me when they do it. Can’t name and shame but I’m sure you know the one .. always have a guardbot and always aggressively playing objectives. They play pretty late US hours after all the other groups have logged off.

I play in premades pretty often but I have more fun solo fighting other pugs in the BGs If there are enough people in queue, the system really does separate (mostly) the solos from the premades, and getting a good string of solo games is the best because it gets my score much higher than when I’m with my team.

I was four Manning last night and no other groups were on and we just got so bored... we literally spent five minutes in the middle of the map taking turns jumping off a ledge to see what types of falling prevented casting abilities and which types didn’t. We still won the deathmatch by over 300 points and then we split up and went to Vivec. I’m pretty sure you were in a few of those matchs. You could be the best player in the world but there’s really no way a PUG is going to beat a 4man that’s used to playing together like ours. Killing opponents as they came at us one at a time just isn’t fun.. makes me feel like I’m serving down a soloer in Cyro. I overextended a few times to try to get some nice 1v1s with your magblade (you were really the only threat to us that entire night) but it seemed that your level 20 warden teammates wouldn’t leave me alone so I’d have to run back to the group and then our 4man would do it’s thing. Nothing fun or exciting about that.

The real shame is that our BG team’s characters aren’t in the same alliance, so we have no way to play together as a four man in cyrodil. That’s the main reason why you probably see my 4man playing and messing around in BGs when there’s little competition... but even we have limits.

Edited by Thogard on October 11, 2017 10:43PM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

There's a few crews that typically only run when they've got 4 on my platform, rotating in players as some leave. When they're running you absolutely cannot compete without a well built 4 man. The problem is that if you go nuclear to face the good teams then you just pug stomp everyone else. It's a question of pride for some people, they're so opposed to losing that they won't run without a squad even if that means boring stomps for hours. @bubbygink I'm sure knows of the double warden + magplar + X group that usually runs during AM hours on our server. They're all really solid and built to compliment each other, it's do the same or get smashed. And they have no problem stomping pugs for hours.

@Thogard I'm in the process of rolling red and yellow characters as a result of the BG changes so I can always hit cyro with my BG crew, whoever happens to be on. Witchmothers is coming ;)
    Edited by Lexxypwns on October 11, 2017 10:49PM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

There's a few crews that typically only run when they've got 4 on my platform, rotating in players as some leave. When they're running you absolutely cannot compete without a well built 4 man. The problem is that if you go nuclear to face the good teams then you just pug stomp everyone else. It's a question of pride for some people, they're so opposed to losing that they won't run without a squad even if that means boring stomps for hours. @bubbygink I'm sure knows of the double warden + magplar + X group that usually runs during AM hours on our server. They're all really solid and built to compliment each other, it's do the same or get smashed. And they have no problem stomping pugs for hours.

@Thogard I'm in the process of rolling red and yellow characters as a result of the BG changes so I can always hit cyro with my BG crew, whoever happens to be on. Witchmothers is coming ;)

Ditto! Can you guess what type of character I’m going to make? It rhymes with “ridiculously overpowered cheese burst perma-healing Stam warden”

I wonder if it’ll be as OP as it seems. Last time I swapped to an OP class everyone said that I would find it weak and that i was wrong, but a week later my baby mag sorc was going 20-0 in BGs solo queueing ;p
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been fortunate enough to find some new friends in BG's this week and run with them. We went on some nice win streaks and I even managed to place top 10 in a leaderboard.

So I guess to those just starting out and getting frustrated, talk to people. If you end up coming across a player that plays well or compliments you well, send him/her a PM and ask if they want to q up for a few runs.

Will you still compete with geared up guilds in TS/Discord? Probably not. But you should be able to handle most pug groups.

• Trashkan
    Trashkan
    ✭✭✭
    I only have problems with 1 group. These people are really good together. Not gonna name anyone but they all have 1 word names very unique and they wreck everything they run into on pc.
  • KRBMMO
    KRBMMO
    ✭✭✭✭
    It will be worse with CP Battlegrounds, lol. If you are not semi-pro premade group with all BIS you will just get curb stomped.
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

There’s really only one group that bugs me when they do it. Can’t name and shame but I’m sure you know the one .. always have a guardbot and always aggressively playing objectives. They play pretty late US hours after all the other groups have logged off.

I play in premades pretty often but I have more fun solo fighting other pugs in the BGs If there are enough people in queue, the system really does separate (mostly) the solos from the premades, and getting a good string of solo games is the best because it gets my score much higher than when I’m with my team.

I was four Manning last night and no other groups were on and we just got so bored... we literally spent five minutes in the middle of the map taking turns jumping off a ledge to see what types of falling prevented casting abilities and which types didn’t. We still won the deathmatch by over 300 points and then we split up and went to Vivec. I’m pretty sure you were in a few of those matchs. You could be the best player in the world but there’s really no way a PUG is going to beat a 4man that’s used to playing together like ours. Killing opponents as they came at us one at a time just isn’t fun.. makes me feel like I’m serving down a soloer in Cyro. I overextended a few times to try to get some nice 1v1s with your magblade (you were really the only threat to us that entire night) but it seemed that your level 20 warden teammates wouldn’t leave me alone so I’d have to run back to the group and then our 4man would do it’s thing. Nothing fun or exciting about that.

The real shame is that our BG team’s characters aren’t in the same alliance, so we have no way to play together as a four man in cyrodil. That’s the main reason why you probably see my 4man playing and messing around in BGs when there’s little competition... but even we have limits.

Haha yeah I got a little frustrated cos I was trying to re learn magblade but it was hard against a group like yours especially being paired up with low levels, it just goes to show how badly in need of help bgs are.

@Nogawd for me it's not about not having good players to play with I could easily make a bg team that would do very well I just don't because I don't enjoy running over pugs the only time I truly enjoy playing in group is in Cyro outnumbered or going against other good groups
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Ditto! Can you guess what type of character I’m going to make? It rhymes with “ridiculously overpowered cheese burst perma-healing Stam warden”

I wonder if it’ll be as OP as it seems. Last time I swapped to an OP class everyone said that I would find it weak and that i was wrong, but a week later my baby mag sorc was going 20-0 in BGs solo queueing ;p

Stamden is presently stronger than mag sorc has been in ages. TBH, it's been since the BSW nerf since mag sorc was really stupid strong and that was mostly just a combination of stupid amounts of damage combined with stupid amounts of sustain from lich. If it's two sets having synergy that makes a specific spec so strong then maybe it wasn't all that strong initially.
  • doslekis
    doslekis
    ✭✭✭
    I've only had problems with premades in deathmatch, when their groups of 4 all stay in the middle and now everyone down. When there's objectives like domination it kind of forces everyone to spread out a bit and you can get some 1v1 or 2v2 in and have somewhat of a chance.

I'm at 450cp right now, I'm going to have to get it up before CP BGs arrives.
    I don't normally use daggers, but when I do, I choose dos Lekis.
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, I know exactly the group you're referring to. All solid players in their own right but then when they put together that perfect combo of classes it is nearly impossible to beat them without a well coordinated 4 person premade of your own. Fortunately the trees ult is getting nerfed because that is a big part of those double warden groups being indestructible.
    KRBMMO wrote: »
    It will be worse with CP Battlegrounds, lol. If you are not semi-pro premade group with all BIS you will just get curb stomped.

Yep, definitely will. I just don't get all the solo-queuing people who keep talking about how happy they are that CP is going to be added to BGs. Adding CP is going to separate the experienced premades from casual players even more. I just think a lot of people who have gotten crushed in BGs think it is because of the no-CP when in reality they are probably better off with it being no-CP and will have even a worse time in CP BGs.

Obligatory please don't add CP to BGs, ZOS!!!
  • technotronic
    technotronic
    ✭✭
    OP post about premades in bg , then guys that play as premade complain about how bored they get after wins , isn't that the purpose of making a premade , wining all the bgs ? so funny...
    In times of trouble who has the ability to do something, has the responsibility to do it.

Aldmeri Dominion Forever - CP 630 -
    Silencemyfriend - Stamina Nightblade lv50 -
    Pyroclasticus Vile - Dark Elf Magicka Sorcerer lv 50 -

• oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP post about premades in bg , then guys that play as premade complain about how bored they get after wins , isn't that the purpose of making a premade , wining all the bgs ? so funny...

it's a hypocrisy. they just want to stomp pugs into dust and only few of them want a real fight against other group