Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

What folder should I install game in/Minion issues

Vorkk8383
Vorkk8383
✭✭✭
Hi, all! I am coming back to ESO. I'm on Windows 10, 64 bit. I had installed the game and could not get my addons to work so I deleted the game and am about to reinstall.

Do you recommend that I install the game where the addons will be (c\users\pat\documents) ? Pretty sure it's where live and addons went last time. I had the game installed under c\programfiles86\Zenimax before and I copied the live folders, tried to move stuff around and my addons never worked.

So the two questions I guess are as follow:

What path would you install the game in?
What path would you install Minion in?
Is there anything else that I need to do to ensure that my addons work? I have OneDrive removed btw (since I know this can be an issue).

Thank you. PS: Yes, I am aware that there are several discussions regarding this and I read many of them. I could not get my addons to work and now, I do not feel like downloading such a big file again without being sure. Much obliged for your assistance!!
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Installing the game, I used the default path.

To install Minion, again I used the default path.

That way you don't need to change any of the settings.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • GeldrinHor
    GeldrinHor
    Soul Shriven
    Some of us use multiple locations (for example, I have the game launcher on my SSD, but the game data and everything else on a 2TB HDD, of which I have two as I have way too many games...LOL) So, in order to get fast access, My Mods and screenshots and such go to my Document dump on the C: drive (the SSD) here ----> C:\Users\Jeffery\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\Screenshots and here ----> C:\Users\Jeffery\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns The game itself, along with all the other data is located on my E: drive. :smile:
    Founding Member of the GodsHammer clan and guild.
    • Dastiner 50 1107 CP Imperial Warden
    • Aughen 50 730 CP Redguard DragonKnight
    • T'Gethra 23 High Elf Sorcerer
    • T'Sheria 50 731 CP Nord DragonKnight
    • Taelgargodshammer 50 731 CP High Elf Necromancer
    • Dandelous 16 Argonian NightBlade
  • UnseenCat
    UnseenCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    I generally try to keep games out of the classic "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)" folders. It keeps Windows from messing with things and causing weird problems. Some subfolder off of C:\ or some other drive letter is fine. I use the Steam version and I keep Steam's master folder on a separate drive, so the game will be down in Steam's default folder that branches off -- "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Zenimax Online". User data and addons show up in the normal default path in my user profile folder.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minion doesn't care where it installs, what minion cares about is knowing the correct path to you addons folder. This should be something like My Documents > Elder Scrolls online > Live > Addons

The ESO folder in my documents is not your actual game install folder. It's just extra stuff, like addons and screenshots.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord