The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Armor skills

Czirne
Czirne
✭✭✭✭
Hello everyone,
Here's an idea - armor skill should be available if you are wearing 5 piece of that specific armor. No shuffle nor Harness Magicka for heavy armor user.
It is only logical - those skills are related to armor itself, are they not? Medium armor user is agile and dodgy, he should be able to use shuffle, but heavy armor user should not benefit from medium armor skill.
Thoughts?
Edited by Czirne on December 30, 2016 7:34PM
I believe in lagless Cyrodiil!
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, it would force people to be a bit more flexible in their attempt to gain survivablity in PvP, but this would also force everyone except Nightblades to go Medium armor if they want to run Tava's Blessing for PvE Tanking. That or rely on healers using Gossamer for their Major Evasion.
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm that is actually a smart suggestion. I currently use shuffle with heavy armor because of how hard it is to survive all the proc sets etc these days but I wouldn't mind going back to medium if it means heavy armor users can't use shuffle.
    Edited by Skinzz on December 31, 2016 3:41AM
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • Redn3ck
    Redn3ck
    Make it so that you have to be wearing 1 amour piece of the type to get the ability (much like you can't use Snipe on a 2H bar...) significantly decrease the strength of the base ability but as more pieces of the same type are added increase the effect significantly. So basically a 7 piece medium would be slightly stronger then Shuffle now, but a 5/1/1 heavy user would have a almost spam Shuffle to get a decent effect out of it.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Redn3ck wrote: »
    Make it so that you have to be wearing 1 amour piece of the type to get the ability (much like you can't use Snipe on a 2H bar...) significantly decrease the strength of the base ability but as more pieces of the same type are added increase the effect significantly. So basically a 7 piece medium would be slightly stronger then Shuffle now, but a 5/1/1 heavy user would have a almost spam Shuffle to get a decent effect out of it.

Not a bad idea either, would still allow those with 5-1-1 to use them all but in varying degrees, maybe even start to see more 5-2's out there in PvP for example for those that want to use two of them.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea I like it seems quite logical :/
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

•  Czirne
    Czirne
    ✭✭✭✭
    bump. Balance patch coming to live soon, hopefuly someone will consider this suggestion.
  • Spearblade
    Spearblade
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, it would force people to be a bit more flexible in their attempt to gain survivablity in PvP, but this would also force everyone except Nightblades to go Medium armor if they want to run Tava's Blessing for PvE Tanking. That or rely on healers using Gossamer for their Major Evasion.

Hist Bark and Spectre's Eye are also options.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Change base evasion to 8%

Every 1 medium piece you have adds 1% extra chance

7 medium = 15% (the chance on pts)
    5 heavy / 2 medium = 10%

5/1/1 mag builds = 9% (because shuffle on mag users is stupid, stamina can't use annulment)
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  •  Czirne
    Czirne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Took them almost a year, but its finally comming to life, haha :D