Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Premade groups 3+ should have to fight other premade groups in battlegrounds

SergeantPink
SergeantPink
✭✭✭
The matchmaking system should prioritize putting premade groups (made of 3 or 4 players) against other premade groups (3 or 4 players) in battlegrounds. It doesn't have to be all time time, but it should prioritize this when the matchmaking system creates a battleground. 90% of battlegrounds are premades against 2 other pug groups in which the premade groups sweeps the game clean. Even if you do manage to get your pug group on the same page, its often in vain because the premade group is running a good composition and can still steamroll over the pug groups.
Edited by SergeantPink on September 25, 2017 1:00AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's basically the same I've seen in other games. It would slow the queue if they made such restrictions and in a MMO it would be a bad design to restoring groups participating together in a group event.

What could happen is tanking offering lower ranked players better rewards for competing something in a mismatched BG. Also a good idea to find likeminded players to queue up with like maybe. Some from one of our 5 guilds.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The funny thing is pre mades wouldn't even be an issue if people would just get better.

I'll have no trouble beating even some of the toughest pre mades with a team of skilled solo players.

The issue is BGs is comprised of 80% fodder-- free kills. The people that go 0 and 9 and contribute nothing.

They make it so unfun.

This is why we need a ranking system badly, they can play with eachother, and then premades are no longer an issue because everyone is of a certain level.

I've done plenty of both coordinated group queueing and solo queueing, and having a pre made group with communication, etc gives only a marginal advantage. The real issue is the discrepancy in player skill.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »
    The funny thing is pre mades wouldn't even be an issue if people would just get better.

This is inherently false. Premades are more likely to communicate ans plan even if it's as they go.

Premades that regularly run together are are more likely to have regular tactics and respond faster ans more coordinated.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'll have no trouble beating even some of the toughest pre mades with a team of skilled solo players.

The issue is BGs is comprised of 80% fodder-- free kills. The people that go 0 and 9 and contribute nothing.

They make it so unfun.

This is why we need a ranking system badly, they can play with eachother, and then premades are no longer an issue because everyone is of a certain level.

I've done plenty of both coordinated group queueing and solo queueing, and having a pre made group with communication, etc gives only a marginal advantage. The real issue is the discrepancy in player skill.

This is right. A premades v. premades system wouldn't change the fact that BGs consist of people who bought the game last May v. people who have been playing for years. A ranking system would go much farther to ameliorating what's wrong with BGs right now.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

This is inherently false. Premades are more likely to communicate ans plan even if it's as they go.

Premades that regularly run together are are more likely to have regular tactics and respond faster ans more coordinated.

As I was explaining that stuff gives only a marginal advantage.

Pre mades can be dealt with easily in TDM and the objective ones if all 4 players on the team are good.

A big misconception is those teams are beating everyone because they're communicating. That isn't why, what is happening is all 4 of them are good. Then everyone else in the game is bad, with maybe 2 people max being good next to the premade, sometimes it's only 1 other player between the 2 other teams.

I can say from firsthand experience that if everyone was just roundabout the same skill level in a game, the premade thing wouldn't be nearly as big of an issue. The advantage given from communication and teamspeak etc, is very minimal next to the significance of player skill and builds.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An in-game voice communication system would at least mitigate the problem.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

As I was explaining that stuff gives only a marginal advantage.

Pre mades can be dealt with easily in TDM and the objective ones if all 4 players on the team are good.

A big misconception is those teams are beating everyone because they're communicating. That isn't why, what is happening is all 4 of them are good. Then everyone else in the game is bad, with maybe 2 people max being good next to the premade, sometimes it's only 1 other player between the 2 other teams.

I can say from firsthand experience that if everyone was just roundabout the same skill level in a game, the premade thing wouldn't be nearly as big of an issue. The advantage given from communication and teamspeak etc, is very minimal next to the significance of player skill and builds.

Partly true, but your conclusion is false.
    Yes, a good premade will stomp everyone else simply because it consists of good players, even if they're not coordinating at all. When they don't, a good random team has a chance, especially if the premade didn't care to synergize their builds.
    But if they do create team oriented builds and coordinate via voice chat, you won't stand a chance against a good premade without another one. It just doesn't happen much now because they win almost every match anyway.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's basically the same I've seen in other games. It would slow the queue if they made such restrictions

So you basically say some players should suffer just so other players do not have long queues.

No thanks. My free time is too precious to me to spend it feeding some premades their AP's. So i just give the battlegrounds the finger and play in Cyrodiil instead.

Which, ironically enough, makes the premade's queues slower. :smirk:

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Group composition is also extremely important. Groups with a healer and a guard bot will be hard for a non-premade team to beat due to the synergies. It’s rare that a guard bot or a healer will queue up solo.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp