The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HACKED AND SOLD OUT!!!!

• Medulin
    Medulin
    Soul Shriven
    So far as i can tell,

14 days = at least 12 accounts were robbed,from cz/sk guilds

its a little bit alarming
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am pretty sure it was your (all of you) email or worse case, your PC, that was compromised, and the "hacker" simply gained access to your accounts. Typically, there's no way to hack the game's infrastructure to do anything with the accounts. So,in 99%+ of the cases, it IS a mistake or error on the user's side.
    So why don't you tell us the full truth?

I am from Czech republic myself, and I am pretty sure that I have nothing to worry about as long as my PC is safe. It just takes a decent antivirus and common sense while browsing *** and not opening spam we all get on daily basis. Oh, and don't trust strangers. I can totally imagine some [snip] joining a guild and then somehow making others open fishy links.

[Edited for profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on September 29, 2017 7:30PM
  • Medulin
    Medulin
    Soul Shriven
    Octopuss wrote: »
    I am pretty sure it was your (all of you) email or worse case, your PC, that was compromised, and the "hacker" simply gained access to your accounts. Typically, there's no way to hack the game's infrastructure to do anything with the accounts. So,in 99%+ of the cases, it IS a mistake or error on the user's side.
    So why don't you tell us the full truth?

I am from Czech republic myself, and I am pretty sure that I have nothing to worry about as long as my PC is safe. It just takes a decent antivirus and common sense while browsing *** and not opening spam we all get on daily basis. Oh, and don't trust strangers. I can totally imagine some [snip] joining a guild and then somehow making others open fishy links.

[Edited for profanity]

Not sure what "truth" do you wan to hear. Also 3 antivirus programs did not found anythink,2 step email login and 2 step steam mobile authentification is not enought for you. BTW most of those robber users bought game on steam.

If you look at Zenimax account recovery page https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/account_recovery you can see how easily can be your account hacked.
    You have to know Eso UserID (public, password not needed),Email is not needed (because you select "Cant remember email"), SteamID (public, password not needed) and Security answer is again not needed because you select "Cannot remmeber the answer to Secret question". You have to select alternate aov question. For expample your last login location. Or Name, Race and Alliance of your highest level character. So if attacker is someone from your guild and he know state and city where you live, or he knows your game characters, there is easy way to transfer your account to new email. For sure there is last (not required!!) thing, Attach document, receipt, invoice or order confirmation from store where you purchased ESO (Thats no problem to get). Easy way to get some account if you know some public dates about your victim. I really hope Zenimax will soon fix this system recovery exploit.
  • Lunachik
    Lunachik
    ✭✭✭
    nine9six wrote: »
    I had my account hacked a few months back. ALL of my stuff taken, tens of millions of Gold worth of items...GONE. Deconned all of my Gear to get the extra materials from that as well.

I had numerous in-game friends a Guild Mates try to come 'chime in' with support to help me...and I got *** on by support.

I had screenshots of everything from multiple friends, both during and after the attack.

They said there was no compromise. They wouldn't offer to return any items. They said that "even if there was" a compromise, they'd only offer the Vendor Gold Equivalent of what was stolen. Yeah, no thanks.

So, after playing in early Beta, buying the physical CEs of anything ESO I could get my hands on, the soundtracks, tens of thousands of Crowns, being a pillar in the ESO in-game community, and being subbed since Day 1....they left me with my *** in my hand.

I have since quit ESO. I've never felt more betrayed in my gaming life.

Good luck with your situation OP. I hope you get more help than I did (which was ZERO).

*EDIT*

They also cleared out a few Guild Banks I used as Personal Storage that I obtained by buying 10+ accounts. The hacker even bought Crown Crates. LOLWTF. I would never...

I am just heartsick about this. I have played this game since early beta with you, and our guild ,which was formed in early beta, is now without a great leader, and player, who helped so many new folks in this game, and made it a great place to be. If this can happen to you with customer support...I am just so sorry. These hackers took money from our guild bank, and I put in a ticket about that, and was told it would have to go through you because it was your account that was compromised. So ZoS isn't going to help us restore the guild's funds either. I am so disappointed with the way they have treated you, nine9six, you deserved better. I have a feeling this thread will be shut down because we're commenting on issues that they dont allow being posted about, but I had to make my feelings known.
    **Mara's Moxie * The Sidekick Order * Azura's Guidance *Hallowed Holes of Tamriel **
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Medulin wrote: »
    Not sure what "truth" do you wan to hear. Also 3 antivirus programs did not found anythink,2 step email login and 2 step steam mobile authentification is not enought for you. BTW most of those robber users bought game on steam.

If you look at Zenimax account recovery page https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/account_recovery you can see how easily can be your account hacked.
    You have to know Eso UserID (public, password not needed),Email is not needed (because you select "Cant remember email"), SteamID (public, password not needed) and Security answer is again not needed because you select "Cannot remmeber the answer to Secret question". You have to select alternate aov question. For expample your last login location. Or Name, Race and Alliance of your highest level character. So if attacker is someone from your guild and he know state and city where you live, or he knows your game characters, there is easy way to transfer your account to new email. For sure there is last (not required!!) thing, Attach document, receipt, invoice or order confirmation from store where you purchased ESO (Thats no problem to get). Easy way to get some account if you know some public dates about your victim. I really hope Zenimax will soon fix this system recovery exploit.
    Sorry, I don't believe this.
    If it was SO easy to get access to others' accounts, the game would have been dead for a long time. Zenimax is not THAT stupid to have such loophole in their systems.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You haven't responded to any emails recently asking you to log in via an included link have you ?
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    You haven't responded to any emails recently asking you to log in via an included link have you ?
    That sort of fishy stuff is exactly what I believe is behind most of these "hacks" (gaming or not, doesn't matter). Some of those mails can be pretty elaborate and relatively easy to confuse someone into thinking they're legit.
    Edited by Octopuss on September 30, 2017 4:27PM
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lunachik wrote: »
    nine9six wrote: »
    I had my account hacked a few months back. ALL of my stuff taken, tens of millions of Gold worth of items...GONE. Deconned all of my Gear to get the extra materials from that as well.

I had numerous in-game friends a Guild Mates try to come 'chime in' with support to help me...and I got *** on by support.

I had screenshots of everything from multiple friends, both during and after the attack.

They said there was no compromise. They wouldn't offer to return any items. They said that "even if there was" a compromise, they'd only offer the Vendor Gold Equivalent of what was stolen. Yeah, no thanks.

So, after playing in early Beta, buying the physical CEs of anything ESO I could get my hands on, the soundtracks, tens of thousands of Crowns, being a pillar in the ESO in-game community, and being subbed since Day 1....they left me with my *** in my hand.

I have since quit ESO. I've never felt more betrayed in my gaming life.

Good luck with your situation OP. I hope you get more help than I did (which was ZERO).

*EDIT*

They also cleared out a few Guild Banks I used as Personal Storage that I obtained by buying 10+ accounts. The hacker even bought Crown Crates. LOLWTF. I would never...

I am just heartsick about this. I have played this game since early beta with you, and our guild ,which was formed in early beta, is now without a great leader, and player, who helped so many new folks in this game, and made it a great place to be. If this can happen to you with customer support...I am just so sorry. These hackers took money from our guild bank, and I put in a ticket about that, and was told it would have to go through you because it was your account that was compromised. So ZoS isn't going to help us restore the guild's funds either. I am so disappointed with the way they have treated you, nine9six, you deserved better. I have a feeling this thread will be shut down because we're commenting on issues that they dont allow being posted about, but I had to make my feelings known.

<3 Luna
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    I don't disagree with any of that, but I think the fact that it's a tight-knit group of players from the same Eastern European country affected at the same time suggests that there may be an extra dimension and as such that would merit their support tickets being escalated to a higher level for closer investigation

It *could* as well simply mean they're a group of friends who shared their passwords and IDs for whatever purposes and one of them took advantage of the situation. Not saying that is the case, but it could be.

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    I don't disagree with any of that, but I think the fact that it's a tight-knit group of players from the same Eastern European country affected at the same time suggests that there may be an extra dimension and as such that would merit their support tickets being escalated to a higher level for closer investigation

It *could* as well simply mean they're a group of friends who shared their passwords and IDs for whatever purposes and one of them took advantage of the situation. Not saying that is the case, but it could be.

Oh absolutely.
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happened to me about 13 years ago in different game. I had an extra account for storage purposes and gave the login information to someone in my guild. It just happened that both the accounts had the same name with the second one only having "1" at the end. Same passwords. I didn't think someone might even think about trying to get to the primary one, and so when I found my account wiped clean one day, I automatically thought I was hacked, and only found out what really happened few days later. I was an idiot.

What I did was only slightly more idiotical than clicking on random links from unknown sources. People do this all the time.
    Hell I wouldn't even click on links sent to me by guildmates.
    Edited by Octopuss on October 3, 2017 2:41PM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This happened to me about 13 years ago in different game. I had an extra account for storage purposes and gave the login information to someone in my guild. It just happened that both the accounts had the same name with the second one only having "1" at the end. Same passwords. I didn't think someone might even think about trying to get to the primary one, and so when I found my account wiped clean one day, I automatically thought I was hacked, and only found out what really happened few days later. I was an idiot.

What I did was only slightly more idiotical than clicking on random links from unknown sources. People do this all the time.

They do tests where I work, where the security team sends out fake phishing mails to the staff and record who clicks the links and who reports them as suspicious mails.. Its really surprising how many tech-savvy, educated people get caught out by it.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    His this thread continues with the same account getting entered by the perp multiple times really sends a message for taking our own online security seriously starting by not using the same password for our emails and game and certainly changing our passwords after getttjng hacked. Of course, in today's world there is no reason to not have security software running and ofc updated.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

They do tests where I work, where the security team sends out fake phishing mails to the staff and record who clicks the links and who reports them as suspicious mails.. Its really surprising how many tech-savvy, educated people get caught out by it.

Yeah, but don't you just want to click on it anyway to find out what the Security Team has at the other end of the link??
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    His this thread continues with the same account getting entered by the perp multiple times really sends a message for taking our own online security seriously starting by not using the same password for our emails and game and certainly changing our passwords after getttjng hacked. Of course, in today's world there is no reason to not have security software running and ofc updated.

Is anyone able to decipher this?
    Punctuation dude. Use it.