The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HACKED AND SOLD OUT!!!!

• karpatska_vlcice
    I am totaly disheartened, pissed, sad, and I dont know what other emotions I am feeling right now. The ESO Support is completely incompetent and in basics they are wiping their ass with their paying customers.
    I will tell you my story now:
    2 days ago I heard my friend (Roach1990) saying on discord that he is unable to log into the game eventhough he was sure he get his log in info right, so he wrote a ticket on support and waited. In the meantime we dicovered that similar situation happend to our other friends and it was due to the fact that they have been HACKED. At this point it was kinda clear that his account was hacked as well, but he wasnt able to log in.
    Yesterday I was away all day till aprox 7 pm, but I was still on discord via my cell phone. After I came home, I sit at my PC and tried to log in the game (I am using steam to log in so I dont have to fill in any info, and it will log me automaticaly), but the window pop up that my accout has been already logged in! At that moment I panicked and asked my friend to look up what time I was last online and they said 3 hours ago. 3 hours ago wasnt obviously me as I was not at home, so I figured - I HAVE BEEN HACKED AS WELL!
    I tried to log in again and on my second try it let me in, but immediately I realized that something is really wrong, as my main chracter (the first one I created) is wearing an unfamiliar polymorf from IC tel var coffers...So I went on the character, and realized that all my gold, all my telvars , APs and writ wouchers are gone, as well as all my gear from my main character and almost all the stuff from my crafting bag. The damage goes to tens of milions of in game currencies. I was enraged, but I immediately tried to log into my ESO account on elderscrollsonline.com to fill in a ticket, but I couldnt sign in! The hacker took my acces to this account, so I wasnt able to maintain my password, email, membership anything! So I didnt hesistate and wrote a ticket to support to do something, anything, whatever! about it at least ban the account, but I havent heard from them till today...in the mean time I was oflline, the culprit was on my account 3MORE TIMES! and was able to steal money from all guild banks I had acces to and completely cleard my craft bag.
    I even wrote post on this forum, I was asking for help, I thought that this issue is serious enough to take care of it immediately, but no...while I was still logged in my account to prevent him from taking anything, I even asked a mod here what should I do, and they told me to wait for support, so I did..and he cleared my account completely withouth hassel. IT COULD HAVE BEEN PREVENTED! AT LEAST A BIT OF IT should the support act at it was supposed to.
    Today almost 24 hours after this happend I reclaimed my ESO account, but the damage is done, so I asked if they could restore my account to what it was previously and this is their answer:

Hello Again,

We cannot restore items that are lost due to an account being compromised.

We are willing to offer you a one time gold compensation in order to get you back to playing again.

Please review your account and provide us with what you believe to be a fair amount of compensation. I will then review your request and decide on a final number of gold to compensate the account with.

Again, please be aware that no items will be restored due to an account being compromised. We are only able to offer you a one time gold compensation.

Account security is ultimately up to the customer, so be sure to keep your account details secured at all times in order to avoid any intrusion to your account.

How is it you cannot restore the items lost? In any other game it is possible and they are quite honest about it, they dont force all the responsibility on their customers! Paying customers!
    How do you expect me to be satisfied with this? I spend 2,5year of my life in this game, I played it for 8085 hours! I gathered materials, APs, tel var stones, and master writ vouchers, for further playing, for home decorating, I even bought that Linchal grand manor, I wasexcitedly expecting the new dlc to come out. Now I am fed up. I have nothing left, literally. No passion, nothing. If you are treating your customers like this, I have nothing else to do in this game then. Please @ZOS_GinaBruno or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom I really loved the game, this is ruining it for me....
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure about you, but whenever I login from an "unknown" device, I'm texted a code on my phone that I need to enter to be able to log in. Sounds like your email was hacked and the person used that to do a password change on your game account. I'd recommend changing your email password ASAP. Once that's done, THEN go in and change your in game password.

This is the main reason the email address I use for gaming is ONLY used for gaming. I don't use it for ANYTHING else, not forum registration, financial login, even friends/family don't know it.

If there is an option for using an authenticator, I always choose that.
  • karpatska_vlcice
    @Phinix1 As I stated in my post, I wasnt able to change anything as I hadnt acces to my eso account, and the support wasnt communicating....
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I played WoW my account was hacked and stripped and I call blizzard it took them 3 hours to restore everything they even explained how I was hacked and where it was hacked from. Great customer service but, that game was subscription based.
    Xbox One Na
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Phinix1 As I stated in my post, I wasnt able to change anything as I hadnt acces to my eso account, and the support wasnt communicating....

My mistake, I missed that bit.
  • karpatska_vlcice
    AAAND IN THE MEANTIME, another two people from Czech republic has been hacked....This is already ridiculous!!!

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's certainly worrrying for you all, and I hope it gets resolved soon. However, the issue would appear to be in the Czech Republic rather than at ZOS. Are all the affected players playing through Steam? If so, might it be the Steam access that is being compromised given that presumably Steam users link their ESO account to their Steam account and log in automatically? I know that's how it works with sundry other games but as I don't use Steam for ESO I don't know the arrangements for it.
  • karpatska_vlcice
    I dont think so @Tandor, not all the players are playing through Steam, so it shouldnt be steam issue as well, but you gotta point there. Till now nobody bothered to tell me what actualy happend, and WHY. No comunication or lousy one from the support.
  • Johny29_SK
    Johny29_SK
    ✭✭
    This is realy shame TESO !!

This guys are ESO+ players and you dont want to give them back items waht they loose in 2-3 yers of playing. You loose now 2 of ESO+members, and we loose 2 members of our comunity !

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

WE NEED THOOSE PLAYERS, GIVE THEM BACK THEY ACCOUNTS AND THE ITEMS , PLEASE !!

• Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Phinix1 wrote: »

The problem I have with this statement is that while you claim you didn't have access to your account, you also claim to have logged in not just the first time, but also a second time and noticed more differences. Which means you did have access to your account.

Something just isn't right here.

If someone from a different computer accessed then for you to access you would need to enter a code that was sent to your email. So either the person is in your home doing this. Or they never changed the email for your account, which means you still have full access, and they still have full access to your email.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does not seem right : should be simple to rollback the account.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you have ESO linked to Steam, can't you only login using Steam?
  • Shadzilla
    Shadzilla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »

Yea, ZOS used to rollback our accounts on an hourly basis back in 2014 :D
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadzilla wrote: »
    Morgul667 wrote: »

Yea, ZOS used to rollback our accounts on an hourly basis back in 2014 :D

Exactly :-D
  • Johny29_SK
    Johny29_SK
    ✭✭
    I guess that this is a question of the good will and honor .... ZOS is protecting the game from people that are tricky and are cheating to make win win situation for them own.. but this people are innocent victims, spend real money and time, addapted they real life to this game because they love this game.... and now is everything gone
    Edited by Johny29_SK on September 28, 2017 7:09AM
  • Johnfred24
    Johnfred24
    ✭✭✭
    Runs wrote: »

The problem I have with this statement is that while you claim you didn't have access to your account, you also claim to have logged in not just the first time, but also a second time and noticed more differences. Which means you did have access to your account.

If someone from a different computer accessed then for you to access you would need to enter a code that was sent to your email. So either the person is in your home doing this. Or they never changed the email for your account, which means you still have full access, and they still have full access to your email.

As far as i understood, he was able to log into the game but not into his account on https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/ so he could have managed the account and changed the password.
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This has happened to one of my guildmates as well, and the way the OP describes it sounds correct. Because the eso account is linked to Steam, you will always be able to login through there. In my guildmate's case, they even tried to delete the entire eso account (which didn't work 100% since deleting the eso account thankfully does not delete your purchase on Steam which is still recognized, nor does it delete the link between Steam and eso). Only reason they were able to get back in was because of Steam. Could be that the email was hacked and changed so OP cannot login to help, which means they probably cannot change their email / pw themselves and haven't gotten those code mails on their own email account either. OR the hacker tried to delete their account as well, which means that you'll still be able to get in through Steam, but eso itself will no longer have your account on record, meaning you cannot login to your account page to change the things you want to change - it doesn't exist anymore. Having said all that, these hacks seem to only affect Steam players also, which is a scary thought.
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • WildWilbur
    WildWilbur
    ✭✭✭✭

Well, no! I'm playing from Germany and when I go on vacation to Netherland I log in with my gaming notebook without any hassel. No confirmation email needed. But from time to time I get this confirmation email for my PC at home though the IP doesn't change...

"Call me a killjoy, but I think that because this is not to my taste, no one else should be able to enjoy it." Marge Simpson
  • Vlasana
    Vlasana
    Soul Shriven

WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED? HOW DO I PROTECT MYSELF?

I'm afraid of my account being stolen and of losing all the friends I spend the last 2 years with.
    I could trust them, they always lent a helping hand when I was in need.
    Right now everything is in danger thanks to someone who profits from our work.
    I can tolerate seeing bots running around the same spot for 4 weeks before disappearing, but I think that when someone brings to notice that they have a stolen account, the admins' reaction should be far faster.
    This is nothing but utter theft and intrusion of our privacy, emotional loss, and we all know there are stores selling gold and material for real money.

I'm more than just sad, I'm more than just frustrated, and I'm more than just angry.
    Edited by Vlasana on September 28, 2017 11:23AM
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whilst this is undoubtedly an upsetting scenario that nobody would wish for, do i detect a little forum hysteria creeping in?
  • TheKrokvo
    TheKrokvo
    ✭✭
    Its only reasonable to have fear about their accounts which they "nourished" for so long, dont you think Aurelle?
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you had read my post, you would have noticed that I do indeed have sympathy for them. That is what 'whilst this is undoubtedly an upsetting scenario that nobody would wish for' means. Just expressed in different words.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do think there are exceptional circumstances here, given that account hacking is very rare in this game due in no small part to the code verification system, yet here we have several (is it 4 or 5?) friends who are all from the Czech Republic reporting hacked accounts within a few days of each other. I doubt very much that we have the full picture, but I'm sure that ZOS will wish to investigate fully what exactly has gone on and that it will take longer than usual due to the unusual circumstances. I think the affected players just need to be patient and calm while ZOS get to the bottom of it. I'm sure they have their own methods of establishing just what has happened here and will deal with it appropriately once they are in a position to do so.
  • karpatska_vlcice
    @Aurelle You are probably right, but the hysteria is justifiable, as for our Czech comunity I am not the only victim, and the victim ratio is increasing every day, and we are unable to do anything about it. Ppl are kicked from game whilst their accounts are being stolen, and nobody is really adressing this problem here, so thats why there is gonna be a kind of a panic....please do understand.
  • karpatska_vlcice
    And to make some of the points here clear:
    1) it is not the Steam users problem only, even players who bought the game elswhere were hacked
    2) we couldnt change our password or do anything about our account, as we had our acces to the eso account solen by the hacker
    3)we didnt recieved any autenthificaton code or anything whilst we were being robbed off our accounts and stuff
    4) as a steam version user, you can log in the game automaticaly (no, steam account wasnt stolen, only the eso one) and as it seem the login via stream has some kind of priority over normal log in, so thus I was able to log in the game but had no power over my ESO account.

And now ZOS is saying that it is their customers fault, that they have been compromised! And that is the ponit I am trying to make here! How could have we prevent it? And even whlie I was trying to prevent FURTHER damages by bringing the problem to supports notice immediately, nobody responded for WHOLE DAY and the hacker ran free there doing whatever he wanted. How is this possible?!And now I am gonna be shut up by "one time gold compensation only"? No not really....
    Edited by karpatska_vlcice on September 28, 2017 12:22PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I played WoW my account was hacked and stripped and I call blizzard it took them 3 hours to restore everything they even explained how I was hacked and where it was hacked from. Great customer service but, that game was subscription based.

You got great customer support because they depend upon you continuing to pay that subscription. We lost that here with ESO a long time ago, but even before then, it was clear that they were not going to be routinely resolving problems same day. I like ESO Support, and they have been pretty good to me, but they are not Blizzard.
    Tandor wrote: »
    I do think there are exceptional circumstances here, given that account hacking is very rare in this game due in no small part to the code verification system, yet here we have several (is it 4 or 5?) friends who are all from the Czech Republic reporting hacked accounts within a few days of each other. I doubt very much that we have the full picture, but I'm sure that ZOS will wish to investigate fully what exactly has gone on and that it will take longer than usual due to the unusual circumstances. I think the affected players just need to be patient and calm while ZOS get to the bottom of it. I'm sure they have their own methods of establishing just what has happened here and will deal with it appropriately once they are in a position to do so.

There may not be much for ZOS to get to the bottom of. The players are probably running software that is compromised so that someone can observe the credentials as they are entered or sent. Alternately, they may not be practicing good account security and have shared accounts with "trusted" companions, are using the same password that they use in other places, are not storing their passwords securely, or have poor quality passwords.

In any case, unless the player can figure out why someone was able to hack the account, and fix it, it will likely happen again.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There may not be much for ZOS to get to the bottom of. The players are probably running software that is compromised so that someone can observe the credentials as they are entered or sent. Alternately, they may not be practicing good account security and have shared accounts with "trusted" companions, are using the same password that they use in other places, are not storing their passwords securely, or have poor quality passwords.

In any case, unless the player can figure out why someone was able to hack the account, and fix it, it will likely happen again.

I don't disagree with any of that, but I think the fact that it's a tight-knit group of players from the same Eastern European country affected at the same time suggests that there may be an extra dimension and as such that would merit their support tickets being escalated to a higher level for closer investigation and considered resolution rather than just the standard automatic response. It may well lead to the same outcome, but these are unusual circumstances and that needs in my view to be reflected in the handling of the individual support tickets.
    Edited by Tandor on September 28, 2017 1:04PM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lately I hear much more often about accounts beeing hacked in ESO.
    Edited by Juhasow on September 28, 2017 1:20PM
  • karpatska_vlcice
    Sad thing is, the support or whoever doesnt even care. They are just trying to shut us up and the hackers are doing whatever they please, however they please to whomever they please, and only the actual honest players are afflicted in the worst way possible by ZOS behaviour.
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had my account hacked a few months back. ALL of my stuff taken, tens of millions of Gold worth of items...GONE. Deconned all of my Gear to get the extra materials from that as well.

I had numerous in-game friends a Guild Mates try to come 'chime in' with support to help me...and I got *** on by support.

I had screenshots of everything from multiple friends, both during and after the attack.

They said there was no compromise. They wouldn't offer to return any items. They said that "even if there was" a compromise, they'd only offer the Vendor Gold Equivalent of what was stolen. Yeah, no thanks.

So, after playing in early Beta, buying the physical CEs of anything ESO I could get my hands on, the soundtracks, tens of thousands of Crowns, being a pillar in the ESO in-game community, and being subbed since Day 1....they left me with my *** in my hand.

I have since quit ESO. I've never felt more betrayed in my gaming life.

Good luck with your situation OP. I hope you get more help than I did (which was ZERO).

*EDIT*

They also cleared out a few Guild Banks I used as Personal Storage that I obtained by buying 10+ accounts. The hacker even bought Crown Crates. LOLWTF. I would never...
    Edited by nine9six on September 28, 2017 2:27PM
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...