The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New Horse - Spot the difference (PS4)

sudaki_eso
sudaki_eso
✭✭✭✭✭
So i got that green horse but something is off....

This is how it was advertised:
Yt2fy0D.jpg

This is how it looks in my charcter selection screen:
pA41rQ5.jpg

This is in-game:
Tg0MZew.jpg

Where are all the funky smoke and particle effects? Am i missing a setting? There is nothing going on...I can press x for a short smoke effekt in the belly which looks like its farting when running, thats all?

PS4 EU - StamDK
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The special mounts never look as good as advertised. Going by the few people I've seen riding them around brings me to the conclusion that it's probably WAI.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen two Plague Husk Horses on PS4 NA (using a PS4 Pro) and they appear exactly as they should.

Are you playing on PC with low settings? Adjust your settings a bunch and see if there's something that causes those effects to go away.
    Options
  • Conduit0
    Conduit0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a bug, you have to hide mount upgrades for the particle effects to work.
    Edited by Conduit0 on September 29, 2017 7:29PM
    Options
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sudaki_eso wrote: »
    So i got that green horse but something is off....

This is how it was advertised:
    Yt2fy0D.jpg

This is how it looks in my charcter selection screen:
    pA41rQ5.jpg

This is in-game:
    Tg0MZew.jpg

Where are all the funky smoke and particle effects? Am i missing a setting? There is nothing going on...I can press x for a short smoke effekt in the belly which looks like its farting when running, thats all?

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/373632/plague-husk-horse-issue

Kilandros wrote: »
    Alpheu5 wrote: »
    Do you have the speed/stamina/storage training effects visible on your mounts? Maybe they take up the same slot on the back end of things.

Reason I ask is because the house display and the preview display don't show the training additions when viewed.

GOOD CALL. Hiding the mount upgrades results in the animations showing for me and everyone else. Weird.

Hide the mount upgrades like the poster above mentioned ^^^^
    Options
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, hiding did the trick :smile:
    didnt knew the name of that horse in english so searching for green horse wasnt working for me :wink:
    Edited by sudaki_eso on September 29, 2017 7:36PM
    PS4 EU - StamDK
    Options
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sudaki_eso wrote: »

your horse lost its plague mojo xD

Edited by Nighn_9 on September 30, 2017 12:54PM
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
    Options
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you hide Mount upgrades? Never knew this was a possibility. Heck, what is a mount upgrade?
    Edited by Davor on September 30, 2017 3:55PM
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
    Options
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »
    How do you hide Mount upgrades? Never knew this was a possibility. Heck, what is a mount upgrade?

@Davor , the setting to hide mount upgrades is in the video settings area. Once you reach +20 in a mount stat, it gets a visual "upgrade", such as bags for inventory, a harness for speed, and head armor for stamina. These look really good on the Imperial white horse, for example, but definitely diminish the Plague Husk Horse.

The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
    Options
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davor wrote: »

It's all that training you do at the stables to increase you mount's speed/stamina/bag space. They each add to the look on your mount.

Speed - Bridal and saddle is changed
    Stamina - Mount gets visible armor
    Bags - Mount gets saddlebags

Those all interfere with the particle effects on these mounts.
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw it in the game yesterday, and I think it looks better than advertised. I love the difference.
    Options
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @chuck-18_ESO and @PlagueSD. I never knew that. Just got my speed to 20. Will double check now and see the difference. Greatly appreciated.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
    Options
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Read the lines mate..."Objects may appear different in-game. ZOS has the right to change bought items without prior notice". You got ZoSsed...
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
    Options
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huyen wrote: »
    Read the lines mate..."Objects may appear different in-game. ZOS has the right to change bought items without prior notice". You got ZoSsed...

This time i didnt got ZoSsed...i was just missing the smoke and particles and now that its working it comes pretty close to what i was expecting from the advertisment :smile:
    If it would look the way like in my 3rd screenshot then i would agree about getting ZoSsed :wink:
    PS4 EU - StamDK
    Options