The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

More furniture placement

Soulless_1
Soulless_1
✭✭
I would really love to be able to place more, preferably unlimited, furniture in my house. And my guess is, that most players, who own a house, would want that too.
Edited by Soulless_1 on September 28, 2017 6:22AM

More furniture placement 83 votes

Yes, I would love to be able to place more/unlimited furniture.
93%
jluchauDarcyMardinDestruentGaldorPSantieClawsAimoraixieValveAlienSlofkwisatzSoupDragonSheytaSotha_SilLivvyTavore1138SynfaerOmniDoTerraDewBerryEvergnarErris 78 votes
No, it's fine the way it is.
3%
AzuryaStreegaFoolishHuman 3 votes
I don't care, I don't have a house.
2%
ZaeniddMasterSpatula 2 votes
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A hundred times yes.
  • Logicbomb00
    Logicbomb00
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know how many times a thread has asked for this and nothing has been changed. For months people have been saying that even 50 more slots would be the difference between a stupid looking sparse Manor and one with some personality. Don't hold your breath. ZOS doesn't care what you want.
  • Soulless_1
    Soulless_1
    ✭✭
    ZOS doesn't care what you want.

Probably not wat "I" want, per se, but surely if enough ppl want this... I mean, it's the small things in life that can make ppl happy and satisfied. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, keeping ppl satisfied is how you get ppl to keep playing and coming back.
    I, of course, am not saying they should do everything that anyone wants, but if, let's say, 85% of the ppl vote/say "yes" or "no" to something, that should count for something, imo.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is a much asked request from everyone. I have to keep taking small detail out in order to put bigger items in. At this point my home is starting to feel more like a luxury vender showcase and less like the home I started.

I also hate how even with 700/700 slots filled my home just feels so incomplete. I have other homes that I bought a few other manors but I don't want to start them until one is finished. Please add 100 more slots I think a lot of people would be happy with that number.
    Edited by FloppyTouch on September 28, 2017 7:39AM
  • Synfaer
    Synfaer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they did this I would resub & start playing again, rather than the check in once a fortnight to see how things are going.
    Some of the changes they have made recently have made me check in more frequently, but ESO for me is still in caretaker mode until they add a lot more housing space & fix some more of the loot mechanics.
  • Soulless_1
    Soulless_1
    ✭✭
    Synfaer wrote: »
    If they did this I would resub & start playing again

I was even thinking, I would gladly pay €5.00 more, for Eso Plus, and have unlimited space/slots. But then, what would happen if you cancel your subscription...? On the other hand, you also get to keep the outfits and such you got while being a Plus member, if you are not subscribed...
    Edited by Soulless_1 on September 28, 2017 7:47AM
  • Soulless_1
    Soulless_1
    ✭✭
    **This is probably why they (ZOS) won't give us more space, because it seems not enough ppl care for it**
  • Mickey_Ox
    Mickey_Ox
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've given up on housing, it has no real functionality apart from test dummies. I had saved up for the 3.75 million house and I'm not even half way through decorating and have hit the cap , even with ESO+.
    So I left my hone in early July and have not set foot there since, sad really given the effort ZOS made for housing to not fully implement it
    Ever Tried, Ever Failed,
    No Matter.
    Try again, Fail again,
    Fail Better
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, eso plus, large house, nowhere near completing it, dont bother withit anymore unless I need a free travel and use stations.
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread should be in the Housing forum.

@ZOS_GinaBruno ?
  • Timeraider
    Timeraider
    ✭✭✭
    With a mansion ... these furniture numbers are rookienumbers
    Feralclaw - EU - AD
    Khajit Warden - Werewolf Warden

Also own:
    lvl 50 Templar PvP Healer (Dunmer)
    2 lvl 50 Magicka Staff / Stamina / Healer Nightblade's (Khajit/Dunmer)
    lvl 50 Magicka Sorcerer (Dunmer)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally do not care either way since my home is not filled. Though I will point out, unlimited will never occur, even for ESO+
  • GabiAlex
    GabiAlex
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not going to vote yet, but I still have 75 slots free on my Velothi Reverie and I'm not going to fill them all because my house is quite filled already. However, I saw people going quite creative, creating mazes, jump puzzles, even statues and an increase in limit will help them a lot. I like seeing creative stuff, I wonder what some people may do if they get more freedom and options.
    @GabiAlex - PC EU Megaserver
    Delora Xiaphia - Aldmeri Dominion - Nightblade Bosmer
    Ugrim gro-Khar - Daggerfall Covenant - Dragonknight Orsimer
    Sena R'en - Ebonheart Pact - Sorcerer Dunmer
    Fjorik Firebeard - Ebonheart Pact - Templar Nord
    Ophelia Adel Maris - Aldmeri Dominion - Sorcerer Breton
    Drinks-In-Silence - Ebonheart Pact - Dragonknight Argonian
    Floriancen Larethian - Aldmeri Dominion - Warden Altmer
    Zahir at Unar - Daggerfall Covenant - Nightblade Redguard

• EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have several homes. Some are empty and some are partially furnished. I don't need more furniture slots but limits in a "play how you want" game are insulting.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no way they would allow unlimited furniture placement.

But... it really, really, would be nifty if we could buy "furniture slots" for our houses just like we can expand our characters inventory and bank space...
  • Soulless_1
    Soulless_1
    ✭✭
    it really, really, would be nifty if we could buy "furniture slots" for our houses just like we can expand our characters inventory and bank space...

This could actually work!
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Homestead has been live for months and months and this request has existed since first PTS but they didn't do anything. It is unacceptable really. We just need a few more slots it's not the end of the world... People have suggested many options that would benefit both ZOS and the players but they didn't want to do anything it seems. Let's hope that the DLC after CWC will change that.
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on October 1, 2017 9:34AM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The current limits on furnishing items that can be placed in player homes are too low to properly decorate most player-owned homes. See this post as an example of how many furnishing items it would take to recreate the decor of just one large hall in Elden Root: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4069009#Comment_4069009

I'm not joking when I'm saying that an increase in those item limits could bring me back to ESO.
  • Sheyta
    Sheyta
    ✭✭✭
    I wont pay more for slots
    I demand more slots after my 6 month sub time
    its no more subs if zos dont make more slots + add better functionality to housing.
    and to add function so I can have my own trader in my house remember daoc ?
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my homes I only need room for three more items to be done. I would like to be able to place more of my trophies though along with those three items.

I have wondered if making the inside and the outside of the houses different instances with separate limits would allow an increase.

I would put up with a longer loading screen entering a home if it meant more items could be placed.

Some people have done incredible things with their homes but have had to ignore a part of the home to do those incredible things. I'm hoping some day I can see these homes fully furnished like the owners have envisioned.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For myself, I don't care. I still have 150 slots left out of 700. But for those builders and decorators, I hope you get more.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Soulless_1
    Soulless_1
    ✭✭
    GaldorP wrote: »
    I'm not joking when I'm saying that an increase in those item limits could bring me back to ESO.
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    For myself, I don't care. I still have 150 slots left out of 700. But for those builders and decorators, I hope you get more.

I myself am on the of leaving the game as well. More slots would definitely make me stay.

I have farmed my "behind" off and kept selling items to be able to buy the house that I wanted and be able to buy all the furniture I wanted. When I saw the 'Hunding's Palatial Hall' house the first time I had so many ideas as to haw I wanted to decorate it. Little did I know there were "slots". I am at 600/600 and I am not even done with the surroundings of the house. The house itself is almost completely empty except for my bedroom. I farmed millions of gold to be able to decorate and farmed for many, many hours, just to get blocked at a certain point.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Soulless_1 wrote: »
    GaldorP wrote: »
    Hippie4927 wrote: »

I myself am on the of leaving the game as well. More slots would definitely make me stay.

I have farmed my "behind" off and kept selling items to be able to buy the house that I wanted and be able to buy all the furniture I wanted. When I saw the 'Hunding's Palatial Hall' house the first time I had so many ideas as to haw I wanted to decorate it. Little did I know there were "slots". I am at 600/600 and I am not even done with the surroundings of the house. The house itself is almost completely empty except for my bedroom. I farmed millions of gold to be able to decorate and farmed for many, many hours, just to get blocked at a certain point.

I notice this a lot with friends that have this home it's just to big for the amount of slots they give you. They either go all out doing the landscaping or inside. If they choose to do both it looks half a**
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stopped decorating my house when i realized i can't even finish my plans for the outside territory with like 600 items :(
    Noobplar
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Always yes.