The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Am I ready for trials?

Casul
Casul
✭✭✭✭✭
Ok so I really wanna do trials, but since I've never done them I figured I may as well wait till I feel super prepared. So here's what I got.

3 whitestrake (offset till I get bloodspawn)
5 hist bark
3 endurance
1 mighty chudan

All sturdy, purple, gold health glyphs.
3x gold shield play enchants.

Bar

Pierce armor
Heroic strike (or inner fire)
Crystalline shield (or ice fortress)(or northern winds)
Bull netch
Absorb magic
Aggressive warhorse (or healing thicket)

Running following stats

10k mag
40k hp
20k stam
1.8k mag regen

27k defenses (32k with ice)

I have most of my CP in defenses, self healing, block reduction. And crit healing. Northern winds typically does 10k crit heals when it does happen. This let's me take alot of pressure off the healer. And with bull I can keep block up nearly 100% of time. Some example of my recent tanking successes would be vCoS, vCoA2, vBS2.

I plan on eventually running 5 ebon, 5 hist bark, and 2 bloodspawn.
PvP needs more love.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    why only one bar?
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kikkehs wrote: »
    why only one bar?

Don't have mats for 2nd bar yet. Eventually going to put a hist bark axe and shield but waiting on research xD. I do have 2x shacklebreaker swords just so I can have another bar with a few skills. If it matters it's

Vigor
    Retreating manoeuvre
    Crystalline shield
    Leeching vines
    Subterranean assault
    Healing thicket or permafrost
    PvP needs more love.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    abit to early for me, so going to keep it short.

Trial tanking, since your new I'm guessing normal Trials? or do you mean veteran?

For vet trial tank you have 3 setups:

HP stacking (running green pact and plague doctor)

Ultimate recovery (Tava's Favor / Dragonguard / of the werewolf)

Buff set (ebon / toruq / alkosh)

Monster sets (Lord Warden / 1part HP 1part magrecover / bloodspawn)

These setups kinda depends on what content your doing and what your confindent in. not sure if a ultimate build would be any good on a warden as it's build for DK and theire ability to get resources back on ultimate. The buff sets and HP sets are still safe bets if you want to "BiS" your tank.

but as a tank the gear does not realy matter that much, you can do most vet trials with ebon / hist, what matters more is your understanding of mechanics, and your ability to execute said mechanics.
    Cleared Trials:

• Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    abit to early for me, so going to keep it short.

Trial tanking, since your new I'm guessing normal Trials? or do you mean veteran?

For vet trial tank you have 3 setups:

HP stacking (running green pact and plague doctor)

Ultimate recovery (Tava's Favor / Dragonguard / of the werewolf)

Buff set (ebon / toruq / alkosh)

Monster sets (Lord Warden / 1part HP 1part magrecover / bloodspawn)

These setups kinda depends on what content your doing and what your confindent in. not sure if a ultimate build would be any good on a warden as it's build for DK and theire ability to get resources back on ultimate. The buff sets and HP sets are still safe bets if you want to "BiS" your tank.

but as a tank the gear does not realy matter that much, you can do most vet trials with ebon / hist, what matters more is your understanding of mechanics, and your ability to execute said mechanics.

This is for normal now (I will do vet evebtually) That's mainly why I went for hist bark. Since I'm not familiar yet I figured the extra defense would be superior until I can get comfortable. Then switch to torugs (probably since this is easiest for me to acquire)

So would you say this is best for a beginner?

5 ebon
    5 torug (crusher enchant?)
    1 shadow rend
    1 chokethorn

PvP needs more love.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5 ebon
    1 shadow rend
    1 chokethorn

A realy good place too start.

And I'm not saying hist bark aint a good set or anything. it's just that the (5) set bonus can be replaced with Evasion from the medium armor skill line. so the item spots are better used elsewere. if you want the dodge, use the ability instead =)
    Cleared Trials:

• Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 ebon
    1 shadow rend
    1 chokethorn

A realy good place too start.

And I'm not saying hist bark aint a good set or anything. it's just that the (5) set bonus can be replaced with Evasion from the medium armor skill line. so the item spots are better used elsewere. if you want the dodge, use the ability instead =)

Mainly using it cause currently alot of healers aren't throwing out shards or orbs. So shuffle kills my stamina bar. Hopefully this will change in trials. I was looking at nobles conquest since it comes with a nice 8% damage buff to the enemy but does this stack with minor vulnerability and can enough enemies be inturrupted via bash to make it worth it?
    PvP needs more love.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not realy, no =)

I personaly do not use the 15% dodge on my tank for any content (except if I'm running Tava's Favor) becaus the RNG dodge can in some situation be a bad thing.

Also have to be said I'm not exp on warden tank, I use a DK myself. And with that some of my intel might be biased.

What race is your warden? and what potions do you normaly run?
    Cleared Trials:

• Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The bull netch, morphed for stam or mag?
    Cleared Trials:

• Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm imperial. Bull is stamina morph. Gives about 100 stam per second. Not bad.

Typically use trash stam or hp pots. But I can make anything I need.
    Edited by Casul on September 24, 2017 8:11AM
    PvP needs more love.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imperial, decent enough for the health bonus. for min-maxing I Personally prefer argonians for tanking because of their potion passive.

I use tripots on my tank, they are cheap compared to what dps pays for their potions, and it helps xD

Also, if your running trials you will start getting healing that give you spears / orbs ;-)
    Cleared Trials:

• Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And learning what hits the bosses do, and were you have time for a heavy attack or two can also help on stamina sustain alot.
    Cleared Trials:

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, I would suggest starting off with normal trials, get the feel of it. Especially since any group that clears vet trials with ease will want a tank with some experience and it helps to have an idea of what to expect when tanking for any group that struggles with vet trials.

Gear sets
    • Ebon 5 pc - easy to obtain from Crypt of Hearts I and II. It also comes in jewelry. Do not use weapon or shields with this set because it offers a health bonus to the group that is or sometimes is briefly lost with bar swap. Farm it with a guild group so if they get something good they can give it to you.
    • Torugs 5 pc and use Crusher enchant. If you already crafted Hist Bark, that is fine. Use Crusher regardless of what sets are being worn.
    • The 3PC for Endurance is virtually lost as stamina regen ceases when block is up. As a new tank you will probably hold block up much of the time.
    • Finish out the set with any 2 pc that adds max stat. 2 PC of Endurance is fine.

Especially since new at tanking, sturdy on all armor pieces. Shield can be reinforced or better being Nirn. Sturdy is ok.

Use Atronach Mundus for magicka regen.

For bars and CP I suggest looking at @Woeler . Here is his Warden build https://woeler.eu/guardian-morrowind/ Looks like you are using a Warden. Understand some skills are flex depending on what you are doing. No need for Frozen Gate if you do not need to pull anything in.

One thing to consider is that Bull Netch is not a panacea for stam recovery and neither are Orbs/Shards. You will need to actively manage your staminal so you do not run out.
    Edited by idk on September 24, 2017 8:20AM
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    First, I would suggest starting off with normal trials, get the feel of it. Especially since any group that clears vet trials with ease will want a tank with some experience and it helps to have an idea of what to expect when tanking for any group that struggles with vet trials.

Gear sets
    • Ebon 5 pc - easy to obtain from Crypt of Hearts I and II. It also comes in jewelry. Do not use weapon or shields with this set because it offers a health bonus to the group that is or sometimes is briefly lost with bar swap. Farm it with a guild group so if they get something good they can give it to you.
    • Torugs 5 pc and use Crusher enchant. If you already crafted Hist Bark, that is fine. Use Crusher regardless of what sets are being worn.
    • The 3PC for Endurance is virtually lost as stamina regen ceases when block is up. As a new tank you will probably hold block up much of the time.
    • Finish out the set with any 2 pc that adds max stat. 2 PC of Endurance is fine.

Especially since new at tanking, sturdy on all armor pieces. Shield can be reinforced or better being Nirn. Sturdy is ok.

For bars and CP I suggest looking at @Woeler . Here is his Warden build https://woeler.eu/guardian-morrowind/ Looks like you are using a Warden. Understand some skills are flex depending on what you are doing. No need for Frozen Gate if you do not need to pull anything in.

One thing to consider is that Bull Netch is not a panacea for stam recovery and neither are Orbs/Shards. You will need to actively manage your staminal so you do not run out.

Thx for reference. I'll give it a read. At this point I'm thinking about going with this.

5 ebon
    5 torugs
    2 chudan (that saves me a slot and gives a nice hp bonus)
    PvP needs more love.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »
    idk wrote: »

Gear sets

Thx for reference. I'll give it a read. At this point I'm thinking about going with this.

5 ebon
    5 torugs
    2 chudan (that saves me a slot and gives a nice hp bonus)

And that is fine. Woeler uses single slot monster helms for the magicka regen which is used a lot with both Warden's and DKs, though DK's probably use it more to get more stamina.

Another set to consider is Lord Warden since it stacks with your armor buff and provides anyone in the area of the circle that procs the same buff.

Also, your armor buff gives you minor protection, 8% damage reduction, which is pretty sweet.

With all that, starting in normal, all that I said is not really needed, just food for thought down the road. That setup will be just fine.
  • Saint_Bud
    Saint_Bud
    ✭✭✭✭
    What trials you want run and on what difficult. Best is you search a guild that run trials on your level. Gear depend on what trial, for craglon trials you dont need the max health builds and can also try some ultyregen sets. Also search for WoelerGaming on youtube and his webside. Its all about tanking and will help you lot.
    PVP Saint-Bud magicka Templar: AR 49
    PVE Lord Victarion mDK : dro'm-Athra-Destroyer pre Morrowind retired for crafting
    PVE Ramsay-Bolton magicka NB: Voice of Reason Clockwork City Patch retired
    VAA hm/ VHRC hm/ VSO hm/ VMOL hm/ VHOF hm/ VAS hm clear

Stop playing PVE because its boring, content not disigned for melee players and class balance and sustain is ***
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok over the past couple days I managed to get alot of my gear.

I wanna do normal trials now, and eventually shift into vet once I get more experienced.

I'm using.

7h
    5 ebon
    5 torug pact
    1 (eventually 2) mighty chudan

Got 8 sturdy on both bars. With a infused torug sword for both bars as well.

Front bar is a crushing enchant and haven't enchanted back bar yet.

Running gold health glyphs and gold shield play glyphs for jewelry.

Stats.

40k hp (prolly 42k after getting chudan)
    20k stam
    10k mag

1.7k mag regen.

26k spell 23k physical (without chudan)
    PvP needs more love.
  • Tinus_92
    Tinus_92
    ✭✭✭
    Think that for normal trials all of those sets are considered to be okay, as long you meet some certain base stats and know the mechanics. Once you go towards veteran trials, discuss with the guild you're in what's considered usefull. For 'random' vets/signup veterans, a good self sustaining set, along with ebon, may possibly the best.
    Edited by Tinus_92 on September 27, 2017 11:04AM
    Ingame ID: @Suni_92
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok over the past couple days I managed to get alot of my gear.

I wanna do normal trials now, and eventually shift into vet once I get more experienced.

I'm using.

7h
    5 ebon
    5 torug pact
    1 (eventually 2) mighty chudan

Got 8 sturdy on both bars. With a infused torug sword for both bars as well.

Front bar is a crushing enchant and haven't enchanted back bar yet.

Running gold health glyphs and gold shield play glyphs for jewelry.

Stats.

40k hp (prolly 42k after getting chudan)
    20k stam
    10k mag

1.7k mag regen.

26k spell 23k physical (without chudan)

This is basically one of the best tank theorycrafter in the game setup. I think he use 1 shadowrend and 1 chokethorn for extra magic recovery. 3 shieldplay enchants on jewelry. But that’s for a DK, so not sure how translates to Warden tank.
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your final gear goal sounds pretty good. Except for Hist Bark. Instead of this, use Torug's Pact with the Crusher enchantment on the front bar and the Weakening Enchant on the back bar.

Other than that, I'd say get Bloodpawn first, finish off crafting Torug's and then you'll be more or less ready for trials. Reason I say more or less is that its nothing like tanking dungeons. So tank some normal trials first.

But you're on the right track :)
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • parkham
    parkham
    ✭✭✭
    Am I ready for trials?

Don't ponder, just go do it! You'll know via game and group feedback.

PC-NA-EST

- All's Faire Guild
    - Divine Crusade Guild
    - Greybeards & Gals Guild
    - Dead Citizens Guild
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well to add some insight to my setup again.

I managed to get the following.

5 ebon
    5 torug
    2 chudan

8 sturdy, 1 infused (sword), 1 powered (sword heal bar)

3 shield play enchants.
    7 health enchants.
    1 Crusher enchant
    1 health restore enchant

All enchants are gold.

Bars are.

(Torugs damage)
    Pierce armor
    Inner fire
    Heroic slice
    Bull netch
    Absorb magicka
    Aggressive warhorn

(Torug healing)
    Frozen device
    Subterranean assault (great for debuff trash groups)
    Polar wind (5k to 15k heals depending on crit, and major mending)
    Leeching vines (for activating major mending)
    Absorb magicka
    Healing thicket

41k hp (nearly 46k with minor toughness)
    20k stamina
    10k magicka

1.7k mag regen

Roughly 30k spell, 27k physical

CP

20% ironclad
    20% thick skinned
    15% quick recovery
    (Extra in hardy)

15% magician
    25% shadow ward (block CP)
    (Extra in tenacity)

15% blessed
    25% elf born
    (Extra in stamina crit CP)

For examples.

I have successfully tanked (person no death, team deaths tho)

Vet CoS
    Vet WGT
    Vet ICP
    Vet RoM
    Vet CoA2

I've heard those are pretty rough. Also I almost got through Vet FH but we kept wiping on final boss do to low dps, not being able to kill the atronachs he spawns.
    Edited by Casul on September 29, 2017 2:52PM
    PvP needs more love.
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing as you are a Warden Tank. PLEASE DO NOT USE CHUDAN! You give your Major Ward and Resolve the people around you increasing their survivability. This is really helpful. As well you can pick the morph with Minor Protection to make up for the fact that you lack the 10% damage reduction passive of the DKs. You really do not want Chudan as a Warden, you are limiting yourself so hard with that Monster set.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeing as you are a Warden Tank. PLEASE DO NOT USE CHUDAN! You give your Major Ward and Resolve the people around you increasing their survivability. This is really helpful. As well you can pick the morph with Minor Protection to make up for the fact that you lack the 10% damage reduction passive of the DKs. You really do not want Chudan as a Warden, you are limiting yourself so hard with that Monster set.

Well the issue is I'm missing the other half of alot of good sets. I've got half of bloodspawn, half of engine guardian. I did get troll king finished so that's an option. I will consider what you have to say, but for now I don't think it's hurting anything. I'll change when I start vet trials definitely.
    PvP needs more love.