The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Asylum Destruction Staff

mb10
mb10
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
(PVP Perspective) The Asylum Destruction Staff is too much. It really is too powerful and Im a magicka user who can very easily slot this and force pulse. For the first time in ESO I genuinely feel like I have an unfair advantage on
1) Pretty much all stamina players
2) Tankier players
3) Healing players

Because:
1) Chilled gives the target minor maim reducing their damage by 15%
2) Burning applies a DOT on them. In PVP, vampires will feel this
3) Concussion applies minor vulnerability, increasing your damage to that target by 8%

This is 100% guaranteed all the time on any target if you cast force pulse once every 4 seconds lol. If this isnt the most overpowered item ESO has ever seen by a very long distance, then I dont know what is.

I could play around with the enchantment now as the status effects are guaranteed and the up time is 100%.

Why is this not being discussed very much on the forums? This staff cannot go live for the sake of the little diversity we have left in PVP...

Heck, if it goes up, you can be sure ill definitely be running this but from an integral point of view, I wish I didnt have to.

Opinions?
Edited by mb10 on September 28, 2017 8:09PM
  • Jawasa
    Jawasa
    ✭✭✭
    Question is if it's worth it? Atm i run shadowrend, lich back bar and necro frontbar. So i have to become pet sorc or lose a one of my 5 part sets to run the staff.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it were to be nerfed, the best solution would be to make it so the cooldown is not separated per enemy hit. Not sure why they did this.

The current cooldown applies to each enemy separately which lets you debuff multiple enemies you cast this skill on. This easily makes it too strong. Sure if they change this it'll still be strong against a single target, but so is basically everything in PvP lol.

Giving this weapon an actual cooldown would be perfect. PvE-wise they would kind of ruin this staff by increasing 5sec cooldown.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    Heck, if it goes up, you can be sure ill definitely be running this but from an integral point of view, I wish I didnt have to.
    Agreed 100%. I've figured out how to incorporate it in my magplar gearing and forcepulse on my (already cramped) bars, but I really don't want to.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    (PVP Perspective) The Asylum Destruction Staff is too much. It really is too powerful and Im a magicka user who can very easily slot this and force pulse. For the first time in ESO I genuinely feel like I have an unfair advantage on
    1) Pretty much all stamina players
    2) Tankier players
    3) Healing players

Because:
    1) Chilled gives the target minor maim reducing their damage by 15%
    2) Burning applies a DOT on them. In PVP, vampires will feel this
    3) Concussion applies minor vulnerability, increasing your damage to that target by 8%

This is 100% guaranteed all the time on any target if you cast force pulse once every 4 seconds lol. If this isnt the most overpowered item ESO has ever seen by a very long distance, then I dont know what is.

I could play around with the enchantment now as the status effects are guaranteed and the up time is 100%.

Why is this not being discussed very much on the forums? This staff cannot go live for the sake of the little diversity we have left in PVP...

Opinions?

Sounds like a good time to put a charged asylum weapon with a disease glyph for major defile as well. Lmao.
  • Ir0nB34r
    Ir0nB34r
    ✭✭✭
    I am very curious how they will be working with this because I run two 5 pieces sets and 1 monster set. I will gladly drop the monster piece for this.

But I am pretty much 99% PvE
    [XBOX][NA]
    Breton | Sorcerer | Damage Dealer - Build Info (Coming Soon)
    Breton | Warden | Healer - Build Info (Coming Soon)
    Argonian | Dragon Knight | Tank - Build Info (Coming Soon)
    (Retired)Breton | Sorcerer | Tank - Build Info (<< Link to Google Docs Page)
    "If you are quitting, can I have your stuff??"
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    prepare for cancer, but tbh some already knew that once we got the force pulse buff staff that will be *** op
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Koolio LOL I typed that out and removed it to not spread the disease but oh well, if ZOS dont nerf it, then I'll be using it to the fullest extent.
    Charged it is
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel like some people like to just totally ignore the fact that all three of these are generic debuffs that were already applied half the time anyways... The only one that is probably new is Chilled. Other than that, this is just an increase in uptime, plus they can be purged. If it was applying poisoned, burned, defile, and concussed then maybe it would be OP because you are applying two powerful debuffs that you didn't already have access too, as well as increasing uptime on the two that you did.

Would you rather them make the staff change force pulse's damage type to oblivion damage? XD
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed 100%. I've figured out how to incorporate it in my magplar gearing and forcepulse on my (already cramped) bars, but I really don't want to.

I hate when gear impinges on build diversity. Not only is Asylum staff a strong weapon, but it also forces you to slot a specific ability.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on September 29, 2017 12:53AM
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Personally I just think this needs to go

Least till they get a better idea
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    im also a pvper and im deeply concerned about this item.. aswell as the spell / weapon dmg remove of vma weapons
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just make it impossible to use these PvE TRIAL weapons in PvP and done (like it was already suggested a dozen of times).
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already mentioned this somewhere, but im also concerned about this specific item. Pve wise it wont be used, since two of three effects should be up on enemies in dungeons and trials anyway.
    Pvp wise this staff gets more and more powerful the smaller the enemy group is. I dont mind it in a zerg group, since zerging is an overkill anyway. But this staff will perform really well in small groups and battlegrounds. In duels, which also are a part if this game now, it will just be OP. Being able to pretty much apply those three effects for 100% uptime is just ridiculous. Its i kick between the legs for every stam class and magicka classes without cleansing. And its kind of a mandatory item on all magicka builds in the future to get this in your setup. Build diversity gone....every magclass will play the sorc style, staying away from the enemy, applying shields and class specific skills and then force pulse enemies to death...gg ZoS
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just make it impossible to use these PvE TRIAL weapons in PvP and done (like it was already suggested a dozen of times).

^this

The change to master/maelstrom/asylum weapons now being setbonuses might aswell add them only working against NPCs and remove veteran trial pve content from being relevant in cyro.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Derra and @Ragnaroek93

But in this case the destro would be almost useless as nobody would drop a vMA staff for a buffed force Pulse. WoE with a vMA staff is just so much stronger, and in a group setting the buffs and debuffs have an already high uptime anyway. It would be niche. You'd have maybe 2 magNBs in your raid using it.
    Edited by Feanor on September 29, 2017 8:34AM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    @Derra and @Ragnaroek93

But in this case the destro would be almost useless as nobody would drop a vMA staff for a buffed force Pulse. WoE with a vMA staff is just so much stronger, and in a group setting the buffs and debuffs have an already high uptime anyway. It would be niche. You'd have maybe 2 magNBs in your raid using it.

Destro is a huge dps increase and keep in mind heavyattacks "consume" off balance statuseffect so applying concussion constantly is a huge boon also.
    Constant burning uptime alone seems to be between 1200 and 1500 dps. The staff is definetly worth it.

As i see it maelstrom backbar + asylum frontbar is going to be BIS. Typical case of "why not both?".
    Edited by Derra on September 29, 2017 9:06AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aw come on guys stop calling for the most OP thing ever to get nerfed

those who dont have access to PTS would like to know how it feels to activate god mode 2 ffs!
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They will probably nerf it.
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • FrostFallFox
    FrostFallFox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe only apply one status effect depending on the staff type? Like only Ice staffs apply chilled.
    \(^-,,-^)/
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe only apply one status effect depending on the staff type? Like only Ice staffs apply chilled.

While we're at it, take away ice staff and the ridiculous tanking mechanic. Give it something useful. You know since it's "destruction".