The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Couple of Questions about Transmutation Crystals

Ir0nB34r
Ir0nB34r
✭✭✭
Hello Everyone,

I have been looking through various threads for a clear answer, but how many transmutation crystals usually drop at a time in the geodes? I see they increased the amount needed to transmute an item from 40 to 50.

And now I am seeing that they only drop during your first dungeon run of the day. Is this really the case or can we run multiple dungeons a day on the same character and still get the crystals?

From what I am seeing is that this is not going to outright replace the grind for gear, just run parallel with it and make it a bit more rewarding.
[XBOX][NA]
Breton | Sorcerer | Damage Dealer - Build Info (Coming Soon)
Breton | Warden | Healer - Build Info (Coming Soon)
Argonian | Dragon Knight | Tank - Build Info (Coming Soon)
(Retired)Breton | Sorcerer | Tank - Build Info (<< Link to Google Docs Page)
"If you are quitting, can I have your stuff??"
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can get between 1 and 10 gems in the geode, although knowing ZoS it will probably be weighted to lower values.
    Basically they wanted to introduce a system that was as frustrating and useless as possible so they could pretend they tried to do something about the trait grind, without actually fixing it. And I'm pretty sure they just increased the crystal cost because they like to watch us suffer when they do the exact opposite of what players are suggesting.
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL. Harsh.
    Imo it's a good system. It caps the RNG grind, which it was all it was ever meant to do.
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can't cap an rng grind with another rng grind (which in most cases will be more of a grind than the first one)...
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are guaranteed crystal drops for certain activies. So yeah, there is a true cap assuming you do those activities enough.
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dpencil1 wrote: »
    do those activities enough.

Oh so all I have to do instead of grinding is to do the same activity on repeat until I get what I want? What a new and novel idea... <- Causes several natural disasters with the sheer force of his sarcasm
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrobag wrote: »
    dpencil1 wrote: »
    do those activities enough.

Oh so all I have to do instead of grinding is to do the same activity on repeat until I get what I want? What a new and novel idea... <- Causes several natural disasters with the sheer force of his sarcasm

*cough*. It's an MMO.... Unless you mean that the grinds offered to you to are not the grinds you enjoy. In which case, tell the devs which grinds you would like to see dropping these crystals from as well.

Honestly, so far, the system is looking pretty good.
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on September 29, 2017 2:50AM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think players are underestimating the end of the gear grind ... especially those that have done 100+ vMA runs without the weapon/trait they want.

As some forum-goers have said, the transmute system will finally provide a "finish line".
  • Ir0nB34r
    Ir0nB34r
    ✭✭✭
    Tyrobag wrote: »
    You can get between 1 and 10 gems in the geode.

Okay great, that answers part of my question.

Now the other part was that I was hearing you can only obtain one geode a day. Is this true?
    [XBOX][NA]
    Breton | Sorcerer | Damage Dealer - Build Info (Coming Soon)
    Breton | Warden | Healer - Build Info (Coming Soon)
    Argonian | Dragon Knight | Tank - Build Info (Coming Soon)
    (Retired)Breton | Sorcerer | Tank - Build Info (<< Link to Google Docs Page)
    "If you are quitting, can I have your stuff??"