The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Defensive Position Set - anybody checked if it's any good?

Kneighbors
Kneighbors
✭✭✭✭✭
(2 Items) When you reflect or absorb a spell projectile with Defensive Posture, you restore 2000 Magicka. If Defensive Posture expires without reflecting or absorbing a spell projectile, you restore 5000 Magicka instead.

Is it viable for PvE or PvP? Could we have a new meta here?
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kneighbors wrote: »
    (2 Items) When you reflect or absorb a spell projectile with Defensive Posture, you restore 2000 Magicka. If Defensive Posture expires without reflecting or absorbing a spell projectile, you restore 5000 Magicka instead.

Is it viable for PvE or PvP? Could we have a new meta here?

Could be interesting to make. What are the other stats?

Seems like the counter to this build is to cc right before it expires to deny the enemy mag. The other morph of defensive posture will absorb attacks but it's considered by the game to be a shield and shield breaker procs through the absorb lol.
    Edited by Minno on September 28, 2017 8:41PM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Bowser
    Bowser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    This is the Asylum 1HS so there are no other stats.

I don't like needing both the sword and shield for the bonus. It would be perfect if you just needed one piece though.

@King-Koopa
    World First DK Tank Execute on Rakkhat HM
    Play how you want - no meta allowed!
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These MTG cards are getting out of hand
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bowser wrote: »
    Minno wrote: »
    This is the Asylum 1HS so there are no other stats.

I don't like needing both the sword and shield for the bonus. It would be perfect if you just needed one piece though.

Ah ok. Sorry for the ignorance but I ignored most of set patch notes if it related to an item that would take more than an hour to complete for one.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've got to give up either a monster set or a 5 piece bonus to use this and the set does nothing that actually improves the skill.

I use defensive posture in PvP, but I'd rather have Skoria or my wizard's riposte; it's not like I'm hurting for magicka.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care how balanced or unbalanced it is, I am against seeing SnB get anything nice until you have to choose between doing good damage and being able to block efficiently.

-ult needs nerf
    -SnB should reduce rather than provide wep dmg

I'm supposed to comment on things being added to defensive posture? I'm not okay with it giving anything at all. You can reflect things. Be happy with it. **** SnB. Until it is an actual tank choice and not "roll stamina on DK and be able to block all day and hit 15k leaps." Don't even get me started on stamina warden.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any Magicka class using 1h/s . Use Shield Discipline . Spam Defensive Posture while ulti is active against anyone using spell projectiles . Get crapton of magicka during ulti . There you go . Combine with DK Battle Roar and done . Unlimited sustain . Complete garbage against stamina builds though . I guess that's the trade-off for this set .
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In 1vX, practically infinite magicka - allows you to build for high spell dmg/magicka instead.

In 1v1, worst case scenario it's worth "333 magicka regen" (5000/30) for 2 pieces (which don't even have to be on your front bar), which is pretty good.

You can also combo it with S&B ulti that removes costs from S&B abilities - this allows you to not only become super tanky, but also get your magicka pool to full without even wasting stamina doing so. All for 100 ultimate (or less).

This set is definitely going into my next magplar build.
    Edited by DDuke on September 28, 2017 10:05PM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You've got to give up either a monster set or a 5 piece bonus to use this and the set does nothing that actually improves the skill.

I use defensive posture in PvP, but I'd rather have Skoria or my wizard's riposte; it's not like I'm hurting for magicka.

you can run it back bar on SnB though.

5 riposte 2 skoria 5 shackle/maiden/axion(next patch) on DW/SNB works since the riposte proc is so long it doesn't matter which bar its on. I don't know that its worth it, but its a decent back bar option imo.

@Liofa its got value against stam builds, in fact you gain 333 magika regen worst case as @DDuke pointed out and that's regen that's not effected by siphoner or by blocking with ice staff. That's literally all the additional sustain some builds need and at the cost of 74 stamina per second against a stam build.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on September 28, 2017 10:28PM
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

5 riposte 2 skoria 5 shackle/maiden/axion(next patch) on DW/SNB works since the riposte proc is so long it doesn't matter which bar its on. I don't know that its worth it, but its a decent back bar option imo.

@Liofa its got value against stam builds, in fact you gain 333 magika regen worst case as @DDuke pointed out and that's regen that's not effected by siphoner or by blocking with ice staff. That's literally all the additional sustain some builds need and at the cost of 74 stamina per second against a stam build.

This Regen+ harness Magicka+frost staff back bar with ele drain+ Constitution. You might be able to go full DMG sets/traits. Then trade mag block for Stam block when one bar goes down.

But I'm just thinking; no numbers to back that up.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know a few PvP tanks that won't be dying anytime soon.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know a few PvP tanks that won't be dying anytime soon.

Not just tanks but PvP healers, also, that run S&B back bar.

Most (not all) healers don't run a 2-pc monster anyway, PvP or PvE.

IMO, defensive stance and its morphs are nice for single-target defense in Cyrodiil ... if you're not lucky enough to have the DK suite of defensive skills.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on September 29, 2017 3:23AM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

That could be done, but a templar will still lose a set bonus somewhere.

Skoria - Wizard's - Shacklebreaker means Wizard's is already on the back bar (2 Torugs/Willpower swords for front bar). I'll probably try it out, but using this set is not + that magicka regen on top of what we're already running on Live, it's replacing something.

• ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Perf for DK. I run sun+shackle+skoria light, so will use this effectively for regen only backbar. I will have to invest in some sun swords though.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.