The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Acid spray asylum

firedrgn
firedrgn
✭✭✭✭✭
Has anyone tested acid spray with any dps success. I am guessing it won't be any good

Thanks
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DPS loss.
  • kkravaritieb17_ESO
    kkravaritieb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quite poorly designed if you ask me. Same with the asylum resto.
    Edited by kkravaritieb17_ESO on September 28, 2017 10:42AM
    Member of the glorious Zerg Squad
    Rip Banana Squad

Lheneth -- Sorc PvP Rank 31
    Ellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 50 (No Bleaker's roleplaying involved)
    Smellynna -- Templar PvP Rank 28
    and many other chars

• Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For reference:
    Ran some dummy tests to provide more feedback. To many variables for me to go through every set combination I tried. I settled on 5 Briarheart 5 TFS, with Asylum Bow primary bar and VMA bow back bar, I ran both infused with Weapon Damage boost enchants and Lover Mundus.

After getting a feel for the setup I then ran three successive burns. I traded out Rearming trap from my primary setup for Acid Spray in order to gain benefit of Asylum Bow. I couldn't afford to consistently cast trap and Acid Spray so it was the logical replacement. Tests were done within 5m to remove error from different range benefits from Long Shots.

Asylum 1:
    [img][/img]Okkd9Zv.png
    Asylum 2:
    [img][/img]HGIeUQc.png
    Asylum 3:
    fdxHL9A.png

I then swapped out the Asylum Bow for an Infused Master Bow and swapped Acid Spray out for Rearming Trap.

Master 1:
    AJ9VNM4.png
    Master 2:
    DQo1sEi.png
    Master 3:
    SRwyb6E.png

As you can see the Master Bow is clearly ahead of the Asylum Bow by a pretty large margin.

Literally you are better off running 5/5/1 with a one piece of Kena than using the Asylum Bow.

FTMgROR.png

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4506335#Comment_4506335
    Edited by Toc de Malsvi on September 28, 2017 1:04PM
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Zyjin
    Zyjin
    ✭✭
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Asylum+Weapons The wiki page on the weapons in case anyone wants the info.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The resto is hilariously bad. Should have made first tick of combat prayer restore a resource (a la master resto) or add an additional buff. Even if the cost reduction on subsequent skill is enough to be worthwhile, it's incredibly boring.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The resto is hilariously bad. Should have made first tick of combat prayer restore a resource (a la master resto) or add an additional buff. Even if the cost reduction on subsequent skill is enough to be worthwhile, it's incredibly boring.

Right? Now you're shoe-horned into a specific rotation to squeeze a small bit of extra sustain.