Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HACKED AND SOLD OUT!!!!

karpatska_vlcice
WTF is going on? My account has been hacked in and my items and all stuff is gone!!!! ZOS @ZOS_GinaBruno PLS HELP!!!
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You probably should open a support ticket and change your passwords
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Open a ticket, they should be able to trace where the items and money went. Also, changing your password is always a good idea, make sure your email address is still correct and wasn't changed.
    dry.gif
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You probably should open a support ticket and change your passwords

edit: You probably should open a support ticket and wait 2 months for reply and change your passwords
    PC EU

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully Gina can help. Probably will need to put a ticket in.

However, it's probably a good time to mention is best to have different passwords for the email and the ESO account since both are needed for someone to access your game unless they're on your machine.

It's also best to change ones password whenever a big hacking scandal makes the news, if not More often. Not to mention the passwords should not be so easy.

The only person I know that'a has his ESO game hacked had been using the same PW for everything since early WoW. In his mind it had been proven a successful password Sind sir had worked well for so many years, and did everything from ESO and his email to banking accounts.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you are on PC and were hacked there are bigger issues than ESO.

Your email was also hacked, or someone broke into your house and used your computer to hack your game.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure seems to be a lot of these discussions lately. What's going on?

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2220+
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :o
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1506447661816.gif
  • karpatska_vlcice
    I am quite disstressed rightn now so my ability to write in enghlish is quite limited. I was able to log into my account in game, but not outside of the game. I have the game connected with Steam account. And this is what happend:

Today I havent been loged in to the game at all, now I sat down and tried to log in as usual, the first message was - your account is currently logged in...I freaked out and asked my friends on discord if I am online or not and they told me I was online 3 hours ago, but I was not! So on second try I logged in, but on a first glimpse I saw it is disaster as my appearance on my character has changed to polymorf I usualy dont wear at all. So I logged in in craglorn, standig by the bank counter in craglorn, which is where I dont leave my characters (my main city is Rawhlka) and when I checked my inventory all things were gone, everything that was possible to be sold out, was sold out, all telvars APs and golds spend, all emails taken and lost. I am furious and sad at the same time. This is outrageous, as I am not the only one in these days that had this sh*t happening.
    So I was going to send in a ticket, buuuut when I tried to log into my account for support, it said no account found....I submitted some kind of ticket already, but I am not sure if it will go through or not.
    I am really lost for words right now....
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What happened to 2-3 ppl lately - they tried to log to wrong megaserver. I am not saying you did the same but check it just in case. anyways good luck.
  • karpatska_vlcice
    I have the characters there so its not likely the wrong MS
  • karpatska_vlcice
    Aaand the person who did this is doing it whilest he get you into offline mode for your friends not to notice anything weird :(
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you from the same country as @Roach1990 by any chance? Perhaps one of the friends he mentions? It seems perhaps significant that several players from that country are reporting hacked accounts at the same time.
  • karpatska_vlcice
    Yes I am.
  • karpatska_vlcice
    But for me it happend later than for him.
  • ZOS_KatP
    ZOS_KatP
    ✭✭✭
    Hello,

Please read this article for more information regarding what you can do, and feel free to submit a ticket here and the appropriate team can look into this for you.

Thanks,
    KatP
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on September 26, 2017 6:17PM
    Staff Post
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets just make sure:

You did not log to the PTS? For Euro, you would have no characters, only templates.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• karpatska_vlcice
    No I am not an idiot ffs. It is my actual acount on the EU live megaserver. And it is gone...
  • karpatska_vlcice
    Hello KatP

I already submitted the ticket the way you suggested, but I have yet to get a reply or at least recieve confirmation of delivery.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given that several accounts from the same country have been hacked, I imagine that ZOS are going to want to look fully into this and not just treat it as a single account restoration - therefore it will very likely take longer for them to get back to you, although an initial acknowledgement would obviously go a long way @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom .
  • karpatska_vlcice
    Ok so I have been asking around ppl from Czech Republic and Slovakia and found at least 5 other ppl whose accounts has been hacked in last week. Please ZOS @ZOS_GinaBruno can you adress this problem?
  • karpatska_vlcice
    The person came back to my account again, take of the polymorf from my character and took my character on a different place! What should I do? I am kinda scared :(
  • karpatska_vlcice
    The hacker took as well gold from my guilds! OMG :( PLEASE BAN MY ACCOUNT OR DO SOMETHING ZOS PLEASE?!!!!!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    @karpatska_vlcice Can you either PM me your ticket number or post it here? Thanks!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • karpatska_vlcice
    Hello, Gina I PMed to you. Thank you for your reply.
  • Solinur
    Solinur
    ✭✭✭
    If the guy can log in again you haven't changed you password yet. Time to do so ?
    @Solinur Pact EU - PC (Solinur: Templar - Magicka DD, Moves-like-Günther: Sorcerer - Stamina DD, Kinara Sol: Templar - Stamina DD, )
    Addon Author
  • karpatska_vlcice
    I cant change my password, coz I cannot log in to my eso account to maintain it, that is the problem here you know?!
  • Roach1990
    Roach1990
    ✭✭
    Can you look into my (same) problem too
    Ticket: 170925-001132
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hope they get you your stuff back and ban the person it was sent too.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other thread was closed so...

I know this must really suck, but from a support perspective I can sort of understand where they are coming from...

There are a lot of people out there with multiple accounts, or friends with accounts they trust. It is a fairly simple process to download a cheat app (name omitted) and bot/grind/cheat for the DAYS it takes ZOS to catch or respond to reports about it, and in the meantime, they have transferred all the ill-gotten gold to another account, effectively 'laundering' their cheating.

Or as in the case you describe, empty out guild banks and craft bags and sell everything then transfer all that gold as well. Then when they get busted they just claim "I don't know what happened, someone was in my accounts!"

If ZOS were to restore EVERYTHING then it would basically be an open door to cheat, dupe, swindle, and rob guild banks, and sell off everything in your craft bag, move the gold to another account, then get it all back for a tidy little profit!

The thing that confuses me is you say you noticed they were in your account 3 more times AFTER you put in a ticket, yet in all that time, it never occurred to you to log into your account page and change your password? Or disable auto-login?

I agree that account security is ultimately up to the customer. Sorry for you loss, but I would consider it a lesson learned that will benefit you with securing other online accounts in the future.

1) Never re-use passwords.
    2) Never use auto-login.
    3) Change passwords regularly especially if you suspect they are compromised.