The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Battlegrounds change

Mihael
Mihael
✭✭✭✭
To the people that keep trying to tell the developers that adding cp to bgs will make for slower gameplay because of all the tanks, they already know this. When they were first telling everyone that bgs would be no cp their main point was that they wanted a fast spaced small scale mode and that removing cp would accomplish this.
The only reason that they are adding cp is because they think this will bring more players to battle grounds. Instead of coming up with a real solution like reworking the leaderboards system, adding a ranked match making system, and adding better rewards they are going for the solution that involves 0 work.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real solution would be to make BG a core game feature or sell it stand alone as DLC.

However seeing as so many people already dropped £40 on Morrowind for it the I can imagine there will be a lot or rage then.

I would settle for a CP/No-CP check box when entering the queue, we have CP and No-CP for Cyrodiil so why does Battlegrounds have to be one or the other? :(
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good luck doing CTF with invincible tankplars.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

I would settle for a CP/No-CP check box when entering the queue, we have CP and No-CP for Cyrodiil so why does Battlegrounds have to be one or the other? :(

I have no statistics but my guess would be that the constant bg playerbase is too small to split them even more without raising queue times to the sky.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

I have no statistics but my guess would be that the constant bg playerbase is too small to split them even more without raising queue times to the sky.

I think 1v1v1 CTR or Domination would be a lot of fun :smile:
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 tankplars on 1 team is going to ruin a match for the other 2 teams. Every. Game.
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »

Lol wut. l2 defile. DKs are the invincible ones.
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jrgray93 wrote: »

1 button removes defile for little to no cost. And up to 4 more effects.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jrgray93 wrote: »

1 button removes defile for little to no cost. And up to 4 more effects.

So defile again. It's exceptionally easy to keep a magplar on their heels. It's not hard to take down templars these days. If they're built for tanking, they won't be able to sustain long.

Also, every cleanse uses a GCD that would otherwise be used to cast an effective heal. If you defile often, you're forcing them to either accept bad heals or sparse heals. Either way, they're toast.
    Edited by jrgray93 on September 26, 2017 3:46PM
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job