The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Housing alchemy garden!

cmetzger93
cmetzger93
✭✭✭✭✭
I’m sure this has been discussed before but didn’t want to necro anything and feel like this idea needs more exposure. Wouldn’t it be awesome if we could plant some alchemy ingredients in our garden at our house in game? You could harvest them maybe once a week or every few days. We don’t have a hireling for alchemy so this might be a way to get a few more mats. What do you guys think?
  • Kildayen
    Kildayen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be great and a reason for me to buy a house. Final Fantasy has this in their game. ZOS should add it.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1webtc.jpg
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Axoinus
    Axoinus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have this sort of thing in Wildstar. For some good housing ideas, check them out.

• Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Such a thing would make it easy / easier to avoid playing the content and avoid the MM of MMORPG.

So don't get your hopes up.
    Xbox NA
  • Exalted_Goose
    Exalted_Goose
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a fantastic idea! Perhaps it could be expanded so as to include other, "Harvestable", materials, such as Clothing/Woodworking materials; I would imagine that it'd be possible to plant several sprigs of Ancestor Silk, or even a whole Ruby Ash Tree. Either way, having some form of Alchemy Garden would definitely provide more of an incentive to buy a house, (just by making them more useful to own), and, of course, it'd give you a few more reagents to mess around with.

Heh, perhaps some sort of mini-mine could also be implemented, from which you could acquire ores that correspond to your Blacksmithing level... ...or a special type of Mundus Stone, off which Runestones infrequently fall. I think that there's a lot of potential direction with your idea, OP - probably the most deserving +1 I've given of the day! :smiley:
    "One fine day in the middle of the night. Two dead Kings got up to fight. Back to back they faced each other, drew their bows... and stabbed themselves...".
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This does seem like a great idea, but there would have to be an item limit on these furnishings.
    You wouldn't want someone with 700 items to just fill their house with harvestable materials.

I'm sure this could just be added as a new item limit category, so it wouldn't be too hard for them to implement it at all.
    something like 10 on the largest of houses with eso+

Edit:
    It might also be important to note that having that item limit apply across all houses, you could just bypass that limit by owning all the houses in the game and using all slots available for these items.
    Edited by Metafae on September 23, 2017 6:02PM
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cryptical wrote: »
    Such a thing would make it easy / easier to avoid playing the content and avoid the MM of MMORPG.

So don't get your hopes up.

Yep just like say hireling delivering daily materials, the small amount of materials gained without going out to see other players would be utterly destructive.

So, like such hireling, we likely will never see this feature in the game at all.

Its a shame, I have heard that some games have funny messages included when hireling drop off mats.

That would have been cool, but too too MM killing to ever be allowed.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    was it so long ago since housing was dropped that people forgot they mentioned in the patch notes that gardening was something theyvwere working on.

and then they never mentioned it again
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    1webtc.jpg

Tsk tsk it's nirnroot now
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to just be able to place mats in my house. I want some night shade to go with my blade of woe.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good idea, for some reason we don't have an alchemist hireling.
    Reminds me of my old farming mods for Skyrim but it would probably work more like the farming sports in the Skyrim houses or perhaps place able pots or dirt piles you could plant in.
    You could even add seeds to make it harder to get.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Axoinus wrote: »
    They have this sort of thing in Wildstar. For some good housing ideas, check them out.

yeah, wildstar housing is pretty much the only reason I still have it installed. in terms of what you can do with its possibly one of the best if not the best on the market.

on topic. I would LOVE to have profession gathering nodes of all types inside my house, even if its something I can only gather once a day, as a supplement to hireling. among other things, it could look pretty darn cool
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, let's make harvesting in the world absolutely obsolete. If someone planted harvestables in their house, where they could zone out and zone in the respawn everything, in a place that people can't snipe the nodes, why on earth would anyone farm anywhere in the world at large anymore, other than to try their hand with the nirncrux rng?

I suppose they should also implement harvestable treasure chest furnishings too?
    Edited by Saucy_Jack on September 23, 2017 8:33PM
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • trowlk
    trowlk
    ✭✭✭✭
    If this eventually happens, the developers will add a new category of furnishing, they won't be so dumb to clasify these kind of furnitures as normal. They will have a limit ammount of planters depending of the size of the house.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not just flowers but fishing holes or ores and wood not something that spawns normal just something you can pick up once a day like the nails you get now. Would also give a reason to go to ur homes everyday.

I don't think 1 node that spawns every 24hrs is game breaking in anyways and adds more fun to the house.