Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stealing Other People's Sieges

• jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsterchen wrote: »
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Are we really discussion "stealing" sieges?

Imo, 2 sieges siege faster then one... so do 2 people using these sieges. After all the darn things are put up for breaking down some enemy structure as fast as possible, right? And if you already think you need to put your siege on my sieges spot, resulting an ineffective siege to start with, be happy and thankfull I use my time to help our fraction win, despite your selfishness and lack of strategic thinking.

I am not even going to start about the argument of "costs" -> the darn things pile up in the inventory and jam otherwise usefull banking space. I always have to hand some of them over to guildies to make some room once in a while, especially since the best ones are for free from dolmens the "cost"-argument is less then valid, imo.

3 people running 3 siege will always be less efficient that 1 person running 3 siege between cooldowns. And the counter-argument to your cost argument is that players shouldn't need to steal siege if they can just buy it themselves.

Please elaborate on bolded part (still do not believe you manage to run between 3 sieges and operate them solemnly during cooldown of ONE siege!). And yes effective means not only just that, but with your claim of 3 people beeing less effective when using one siege each at cooldown. I really like to know how you (singlehandedly) can operate (3) sieges faster then cooldown dictates!

As said, "costs" are no argument - after all one is thrown at with sieges at no cost. However, spots to put down sieges, are limited, if you block 2 spots in which i could use to put up a siege don't whine if I use whats already there!

Exactly that. You can run 3 siege easily. Fire one, move to the second and fire, move to the third and fire. By the time you get back to the 1st its cooldown is over. Repeat.

You can also set 4 up in a diamond and run 4 in the time it takes 1 to re-load.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the effectiveness comes into play when you have 3 people standing around doing nothing while their one siege engine is reloading. Or even worse, just sitting on their siege engine literally doing nothing.
  • auronessb16_ESO
    auronessb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This is why I quit playing campaigns. So many people spend their AP on some neat new trinket or shiny new helm. Meanwhile half the walls in a castle are under 70%, and no one has siege engines to use. As a healer, I'm not interested in the uber-bestest gear, so I spent my AP on engines, and all sorts of repair kits. I was trying to keep my alliance in the lead.

A lot of the time I saw dozens of people standing around doing nothing while I'm frantically trying to load, aim and fire three ballistas. Jump on one, and take the pressure off of me. If I want to keep up the 3-step rhythm, I'll load up another one. Anyway it works out, more engines mean the walls come down faster. My alliance wins!
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you feel compelled to fire an what appears to be an idle siege, that's fine. Fire away. After that, GET OFF and see if it was idle simply because the other person was preoccupied doing something else (rezzing people, healing/cleansing themselves, checking postern percentage, etc.) or it if was set down with the expectation that someone would use it.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    I've actually had someone who chose to use two of my ballistas after I died rather than resurrect me.

giphy.gif

that's seriously *** up, but, at the same time funny as hell...

oh man - there must have been steam rising off of your corpse :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lol is there ANYTHING PVPers won't complain about?

Sieges? Really? Who cares?

Go to your guild banks and get a few of the 6646094206026 of them in there!

Imo, 2 sieges siege faster then one... so do 2 people using these sieges. After all the darn things are put up for breaking down some enemy structure as fast as possible, right? And if you already think you need to put your siege on my sieges spot, resulting an ineffective siege to start with, be happy and thankfull I use my time to help our fraction win, despite your selfishness and lack of strategic thinking.

I am not even going to start about the argument of "costs" -> the darn things pile up in the inventory and jam otherwise usefull banking space. I always have to hand some of them over to guildies to make some room once in a while, especially since the best ones are for free from dolmens the "cost"-argument is less then valid, imo.

Except for I can run 3 siege alone - I 100% agree with the lameness of whining if someone used YOUR siege *eyeroll* OF COURSE anyone can use any of my siege.

Greedyguts PVPers.
  • Humphie
    Humphie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »

Except for I can run 3 siege alone - I 100% agree with the lameness of whining if someone used YOUR siege *eyeroll* OF COURSE anyone can use any of my siege.

Greedyguts PVPers.

PvErs...missing the point. As usual.
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Humphie wrote: »
    Mureel wrote: »

Greedyguts PVPers.

PvErs...missing the point. As usual.

I'm not going to lie, I'm a pvper and I'm not sure I know what the point is.
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Two people on four siege go faster than 1 guy doing the work, and a siege elf leeching off of him.

Which is what bugs Telel about such elfish sorts. Since their faction is notorious for not placing sufficient siege they get find it very annoying to have some random elfing elf (who usually also thinks a bow is your main DPS weapon) grabbing the handful I put up while there's still plenty of room for more.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

3 people running 3 siege will always be less efficient that 1 person running 3 siege between cooldowns. And the counter-argument to your cost argument is that players shouldn't need to steal siege if they can just buy it themselves.

Please elaborate on bolded part (still do not believe you manage to run between 3 sieges and operate them solemnly during cooldown of ONE siege!). And yes effective means not only just that, but with your claim of 3 people beeing less effective when using one siege each at cooldown. I really like to know how you (singlehandedly) can operate (3) sieges faster then cooldown dictates!

As said, "costs" are no argument - after all one is thrown at with sieges at no cost. However, spots to put down sieges, are limited, if you block 2 spots in which i could use to put up a siege don't whine if I use whats already there!

Exactly that. You can run 3 siege easily. Fire one, move to the second and fire, move to the third and fire. By the time you get back to the 1st its cooldown is over. Repeat.

So, after all you are not more effective running 3 sieges alone. And I beg to differ that you can use all 3 within 1 cooldown time. People used to say putting up more sieges is more effective, because the sieges have been expensive in the beginning and having 2 sieges instead of only one IS more effective. However these early days are long gone. sieges are not expensive and usually there are enough ppl to operate them, too. Just non-brainer-babbling remained... building a philosophy on it is even more stupid imo.

@Telel: 4 ppl on 4 sieges are more effective then 2 ppl on 4 sieges ... please read my argument first, then do some thinking and stop putting hillarious claims in my mouth pls.
    Edited by Elsterchen on September 26, 2017 10:38AM
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So, after all you are not more effective running 3 sieges alone. And I beg to differ that you can use all 3 within 1 cooldown time. People used to say putting up more sieges is more effective, because the sieges have been expensive in the beginning and having 2 sieges instead of only one IS more effective. However these early days are long gone. sieges are not expensive and usually there are enough ppl to operate them, too. Just non-brainer-babbling remained... building a philosophy on it is even more stupid imo.

Even I can do that. Three trebs in a triangle formation. You can go with two trebs and a ballista, but three trebs is perfect to get you back to the first just as it's ready to fire again.

I was pretty excited the first time I managed it actually. :) It's the little things.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I say the 1st cooldown is over, I mean that it is ending as I enter the siege. There are even times when I get the shot off on the 3rd and the when I get to the first siege, it is still reloading. It is all about positioning.

And it is very obvious why 1 person running 3 siege is better than 3 each running one.

Scenario 1: 3 siege, 3 players running 1.
    3 players fire their siege.
    Siege reloads.
    As the siege reloads, 3 players are either sitting on the siege do absolutely nothing and dying to incoming siege or they are standing by the siege doing absolutely nothing.
    Enemy players attack siege line.
    All three players (or just one or two) defend the siege line. And now only 1 or 2 siege are still being fired.
    Depending on how many players defend the siege line, there are now empty siege just sitting there.

Scenario 2: 9 siege, 3 players running them.
    In this situation, the 3 players from the first scenario are now able to run 9 siege. Meaning the wall comes down fast.
    3 players now rotate between their 3 siege, never sitting idle and not keeping a static target for incoming siege.
    If an enemy player attacks, 1 or 2 players can defend while those not defending continue to fire siege. Which means that at least 3-6 siege are still being fired at the wall. A lot more than the 1-2 siege in the first scenario.

If you cannot run 3 siege on your own, that's fine, but it really is a l2p issue.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rainraven wrote: »

Even I can do that. Three trebs in a triangle formation. You can go with two trebs and a ballista, but three trebs is perfect to get you back to the first just as it's ready to fire again.

I was pretty excited the first time I managed it actually. :) It's the little things.

I find that 3 ballista provide the quicker rotation. Plus, they leave more room in the battlefield for siege placement.
  • Lord_Etrigan
    Lord_Etrigan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vilestride wrote: »
    But turning them around has been the best troll since launch

Yeah, whats up with that?, happend to my guildy whilst trying to take last keep on map.
    PS4 EU
    Lord Etrigan (Former Emperor): PVE High Elf Sorcerer
    Nyssa al Ghul: PVP Nightblade Wood Elf (Ganker)
    Lady-Death : PVP High Elf Sorcerer (8 x Campaigns Former Empress and Grand Warlord) Retired:(
    Achmed-Silence I keel you: PVP Dark Elf Nightblade (Suicide Bomber)
    I'm with stupid: PVP Argonian Magic Temp (Group support and healer).

Guild:
    The Order of Stolas (Founder and Guild Master)

Faction: Aldmeri Dominion

Her Royal Highness Queen Ayrenn Arana wants You for Dominion.
    LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!!
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stealing sieges vs mass enemy army below. I would pick the latter, I have a right to "borrow" your oils. In honestly wouldn't matter. We be re-spawn say 5 minutes, no use saying I stole or siege.

While I benefit my right to "borrow" the oils to benefit the alliance I'm currently serving. Yes it's your sieges, your name not on it though. We all must share responsibility, no matter the situation. Includes "borrowed" oils.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stealing sieges vs mass enemy army below. I would pick the latter, I have a right to "borrow" your oils. In honestly wouldn't matter. We be re-spawn say 5 minutes, no use saying I stole or siege.

While I benefit my right to "borrow" the oils to benefit the alliance I'm currently serving. Yes it's your sieges, your name not on it though. We all must share responsibility, no matter the situation. Includes "borrowed" oils.

Keep them going on cool down for the good of the defense, doesn't matter who put them down.
  • GrimJaw
    GrimJaw
    ✭✭✭
    Annoying. Get your own.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GrimJaw wrote: »
    Annoying. Get your own.

I wish all of oils would stack. Including everything seige related. I mostly use my own sieges, unless I was forced to. Use others, including mine at same time.

Others tell me to use there siege to. Mostly I use my own, my previous comment was for example purposes. Of how I feel to. (I also just earned my 1000 comment trophy from this comment :smiley:)
    Edited by Serjustin19 on September 26, 2017 3:23PM
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ...at least the guy who keeps shooting after the keep flips probably brought his own siege for that fell purpose.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just make a toggle option in settings somewhere in which you can decide if allies can use your siege or not.
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • Telel
    Telel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Telel: 4 ppl on 4 sieges are more effective then 2 ppl on 4 sieges ... please read my argument first, then do some thinking and stop putting hillarious claims in my mouth pls.

Trust me when khajiit says they would never wish to put anything in your mouth. After all Telel does not know where you've been.

However this one has been humbly doing things the not-wrong-way for quite some time. Thus they can assure you that multiple people being useful gets the job done better than multiple people putting in the labor of one person.

And yes one khajiit can run three to four ballista or trebs if they try. And it's an incredibly effective thing to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h89u8GqWmA&list=UUg8o4V6clgMjacCr0ty62hA&index=22

So again khajiit must humbly disagree with this silly idea that it's okay for others to spend their AP so that some lazy elf can be both annoying and ineffective. If they truly wanted to be useful during a siege they'd either spend the points, or they'd be a healer.

After all it's not like siege is expensive anymore. A certain elf with an empty mouth said so so it must be true.
    Character: Telel
    Class: Night Blade-Werewolf-viking-ninja-catgirl-mallet wielder
    Past times: Refusing to go full magika spec, hitting things with a big hammer, sniping, and speaking in khajiit
    Also: Gelel the Derp Knight, Altsel the streaker, and Filafel the temp temp.

Khajiit has a twitch stream! https://twitch.tv/telel_khajiit feel free to come see how truly unskilled Telel is.
  • Zvorgin
    Zvorgin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 people can man 3 sieges more effectively (they will fire accurate shots on cool down), however everyone is better off if they each run 3 siege individually although possibly less effectively (maybe the siege sits a split second ready to fire before being fired).